Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kiki spirez vs axyrocker-semifinal
    Posted: 14 January 2017 at 10:00am
Due Monday.
#bananas
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 9:26pm

Open called 'Don't Care' with 2 stars - this all states there's no hold,
I'm stone cold.. He's just his avatar picture, small waste below gold..

AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 9:50pm

He's weak, its 'not rap but' bullshit from him that we see popping
So If we ever see 'Ki Blast' its probably Dragon Ball we're talkin

Expo
His AM - not rap.. but
Ki Blast is an attack in Dragon ball 
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 11:43pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

lol.. good tussle guys..

Kiki you bar on first glance reads awkward,but by the 2nd line it all becomes
clear,this was a good shot/personal here,the reference to stone was a nice flip
on his alias too,it was also subtle in direction also,and the punch was good here,
I liked it overall..

Axy,I liked the angle you came with,and the punch also landed aswell,as far as
personals go,this too was good,liked where you was coming from with that
concept,so with that typed I've so got to say well played to you too,it was
directed well I thought..

Overall there is a winner here and for me that's Kiki,here's why,his personals were crafted better,plus the pun h seemed that bit heavier on landing also,Axy you did
well,just Kiki did better..

Vote...KiKi..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:18am

Kiki: Nice punch.  solid punch.  I know your work and thought you could have came a bit harder since its just one punch but it was pretty nice it def landed.  The avatar picture shit was pretty nice.

Axy:  I feel Kiki has been here for so long you should have dug up a better personal punch on him and hit him with it.  The punch you dropped didnt even rhyme for me.   But for real you shoukd have done some research and hit him with it!  C'mon Axy I know you got it in you.

Vote kiki.  He had a more direct hit.. axy should of at least tried to do some research and nail his opponent..  He didnt tho...Axy you got it in you..put the effort in!

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:54pm

ki- the open ref didn't tie into the punch so it came off as more of an avi punch. Which i personally ain't a big fan of. "he's..a small waste below gold" sounds a bit odd. I get the idea it's just a lil forced to me.

Axy- the set up was here nor there really as a punch though it was okay. The name play works, i don't find the the rhyme too bad personally. Only issue is i'm sure i've seen the same angle used against him before

I'm kinda on the fence but since it's the one i have less issues with i gotta go against the grain and just go with Axy. 
#bananas
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 3:04pm

Open called 'Don't Care' with 2 stars - this all states there's no hold,
I'm stone cold.. He's just his avatar picture, small waste below gold..

Ok, i get the opener. Nice little setup her. What happened for me with the punch is that i dont like the wording. "Small waste below gold"? Im not feeling it. I looked at his avy and i understand what you were trying to say but i didnt understand it right away. Kind went over the hens nest.

He's weak, its 'not rap but' bullshit from him that we see popping
So If we ever see 'Ki Blast' its probably Dragon Ball we're talkin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ki blast is one of Ki's drops. Adding that with the Dragon Ball
Play was clever. I was able to interpret this easily. The opener
was iffish but your punch was more direct in my opinion.

MVGT AXY -
i thought his bar was more direct and relevant. I know Kiki had the personal but it misfired when i read it. Below gold? Not getting the reference even though i see the AVY. I know this is a crew vote and not sure it will stand but AXY has been killing it lately and this was a nice bar 
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 3:48pm

Kiki
Really felt forced here man
Plus there does seem to be an equal amount of gold below his waist...
Wording in both lines was a bit cheesy so overall this does not work for me

Rocker
Better wording overall this did come across a lot more direct and punchy, possible played angle but you had a good original take on this and tying in his om was some nice vision and seemed more relevant to your Bar than kkiks om angle

A decent battle but both could have done better
My preference here was with Axy, just felt he had a better battle type bar and Kiki kind of went to far out the box

Vote. Axy

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:33pm

Both could have done much better here with the concepts they brought to the table. 

Kiki - Had 2 personals in your bar but failed to set up or really execute either one nicely. I felt the wording was off and there really wasn't much sting because of that. 

Axy - I liked your nameplay/wordplay, something I haven't seen on Kiki yet. However, like Kiki's it was executed to it's fullest potential. It definitely worked as a punch, it could have been much stronger though. It ended up being par at best. 

MVGT: AXY - Thought his punch was better because of wording. Less mistakes. 
Go my Minions!

Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2017 at 6:36pm

tbh this wasnt a good battle. thought both concepts were basic. The Ki blast was punch was cool but your set up was a shot at his audio and what does that have to do with him blasting? Ki's bar didnt make much sense to me. i get the avvy shot but it really didnt hold any impact. it was worded much better than axxy's but the content was weak. plus avyy concepts are stuck in 2013. So im giving this to axxy for the better punch overall i guess

v/ax
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 5:39pm

Great battle guys, solid bars from both....

Kiki:
This was a nice bar..... A heavy personal that landed a nice blow..... The avatar refference turned out to land a pretty strong punch.... The flow was on point, some decent multies were used to increase your overall flow..... So overall this was a solid showing, not your best, but definatly one of your stronger punches....

Axy:
I was really feeling this bar, very strong showing from you..... The set up and punch were put together nicely..... I like the nameflip/wordplay you used on this bar..... Your flow was shaky, but nothing so bad it hurt the overall punch of this bar...... Good punch.....

Vote- Kiki

I feel his bar was a better punch because of the personal route he took.... Definatly a good showing from both, but Axy's set up was stronger then his actual punch.... good battle though both of you....
Topical Twist League= 1-0
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 5:44pm
Closes axy wins 4-3
#bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic