Author
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L.A. Appreciation Thread
    Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:38pm
What are some of the dopest, most memorable, and timelessness verses or lines you've ever read, heard, wrote or recorded on L.A. (Be it your own work or another member's). Post 'em below.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 9:36pm
Freeda5thDawg - Enlightened - this is all my all time favorite read from the site.
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 12:47am
and honestly, I absolutely love this track I made because I had such a blast making it.

Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 1:09am
LP that shit was hilarious. Your sig is funny too.

I'll drop some of my favorites in a bit

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:54am
Sunrise Meditation...SELF ACTIVATE.

Forever Isn't Real...Exoduzt.

Be Like Bill...CHAIN.

Corvo Nero...ILL Scripts.

Book Of Revelations...Cuba.

Here's a few to start,i do have more that i will post up soon..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 3:08pm
ima have to throw your recent flex join on here Self, because I absolutely loved that, it is very advanced writing.

Self Activate - Crack the Mic 
altho I will say, I don't see why it says freestyle in the title as I can be sure this took a lot of time to get down how it is.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 5:35pm
I really like that piece by Alice in the topical twist battle.

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 7:18pm
Post some lines or a title Sam so we can peep it.

Yo, good looking out on the mention LP. Much appreciated. Also, the scheme and the wording of that first piece you posted was dope. I wish that dude was still around. I'd love to do a flow heavy collab with em.

As for my picks ... shiddd ... there are too many. But off the top I gotta give it up to Sammy. That 'Warriors' joint he did may have been the most creative drop I've ever read. The way he incorporated the writing styles and atmosphere of three different sites and turned it into a Kung Fu epic is beyond belief. Shit had me floored.

I'll be back with many others tho. Also, feel free to drop some of the best bars you guys feel you ever wrote or recorded. I'm interested in dissecting and absorbing em.

P.S. (Edit)

Endeavor sticks out as well. Especially the time he took my 'Seeking Salvation' piece and wrote a follow up twice as good as the original. When dude puts pen to pad on some serious shit he's next next next level with it.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 7:52pm
LP

I remember you dropped that Thanksgiving audio. Shit was crazy. You merced the flow and your food selection was on point as a muthafucka bro. Lol. That was a dope moment on L.A. fam.
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:00pm
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:09pm
Nice selection Slip. Dude got busy on the beat and fit the tone of the instrumental perfectly.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:10pm
Some of my own personal lines I enjoyed writing and revisiting.

Quote Fa ya Buu and fa yaself, if I Freeza wit the flow ...
You gone need to seek the help ... of a cry•o•geni•cist
Had to copywrite the print ... they been bitin' since forever
Like the wife in Gen•e•sis! ... I could strike 'em wit the fist
That shoved the Titans in the Pit, then caused a Continental Drift
And made Pangea fuckin' split! ... If I brush you on the chin
I'll crush ya mouth & upper-lip cus when I shadow-box the wind
I punch the mountains into cliffs or a pile of busted bricks ...
Or sum powder I can sniff! ... Got ya drownin' in ya piss ...
From the gallons that I spit! ... Ain't no cowards in the clique
Get devoured like a chip ... cos our power is legit
Fuck an outage or a glitch ... fed Galactus on a binge!
An assassin wit a grin ... I been "Deadpool'n" fools
Since Achilles took a swim ... inside... the "River Styx" ...
Just remember I'm the SHIT ... as I defecate these hits!
This is SELF signin' out on your death certificates!!!

Tell me I ain't merc that shit!?!? Lol
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:18pm
From shadow box the wind and on was fucking dope bro
Nicely done
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:19pm
Thanks bro.

That Alter Ego collab you did a year or so back was crackin from what I remember. Post up some of your shit, bro.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Crimson Juice Crimson Juice wrote:

Book Of Revelations...Cuba

Appreciate the nod man, I think that's one my most "complete" drops...maybe something to do with me having to sleep between original concept & actually finishing writing it. So made me go back & review/tidy up which I don't do often!!

This is the type of thread where I'd love to be able to spend some time going back through and searching for links and stuff. Immediately Super Mario Brothers by Neek springs to mind (but I think he subsequently took it down). Freeda has already been mentioned, but Chain is one of my all-time favourite writers. The Kiki Spirez drop in the last round of the topical twist was immense, I felt.

As for me personally...

The last verse on this is something I'm particularly proud of. The story was about a brother & a sister and one of them died in a fire in their childhood. The concept was around there being a parallel universe where one died and the other survived & there was a link between the two of them.

This one had some pretty killer quotables - didn't win the battle...won't share where I wrote 80% of the verse in case this ever ends up in a court room, lol

Another good one to read, especially for any DMX fans - I referenced it in my topical twist battle, so good opportunity to bump it too!!
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 3:34am
word, that supermario joint was pretty fiyah!

@Self, Alice's verse i was referring to is this one

my little kingdom

forgot who wrote that dragon piece, i think it mightive been endy. that was dope too. Self's pinnochio complex joint is an all time fav of mine. the recent flex collabo by Triz and iLL was fire too

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 8:09pm
@Cuba
Damn, I think I missed that Neek joint and CHAIN definitely has a slew of quotables I could flood this thread with. Kiki's drop I'll have to go peep. And I'll check your personal selections as well.

@Sammy
I'm definitely gonna check out Alice's drop (that's a given). And yeah that Dragon piece by Endeavor was fuckin dope as was that Triz and iLL collab.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 7:13pm
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/topical-twist-tornado-nigma-v-kiki-23_topic44456.html

That's the Kiki one
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 7:31pm
I got to post this because the homie neek and my boy kairo both killed this collab we just did. first complete track ive ever been a part of and I couldn't have done it without them.

and on a side note, I had to go back and re read The Warrior.... my god that was such a raw fucking piece.... that was dope as fuck and so original. I could never do anything of that caliber!

Edited by Lord Puente - 22 March 2017 at 8:01pm
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 7:36pm
^^agreed.

i'd like to bump to include 

http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/the-geppeto-transmission-pt1_topic44711.html

this dude ever have an off day? such a vicious piece.

also,
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/breaking-free_topic44686.html

^^iLL went wild with it

kiki's Saviour series 1 and 2 son!
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/breaking-free_topic44686.html

glad i found tis cuz i did read this  a few weeks back and it resonated. DTK's shoreline
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/shoreline_topic44551.html

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic