Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LA times [WD5]
    Posted: 21 July 2016 at 11:05pm
Give my antagonist's respite? I'm jest like, that's bogus
Make em feel hopeless with misanthropic osmosis
Till they double up...like J5 to Kosmosis! 
Foes were "oh he's so vogue-ish", "it's a transient phase"
Now they're all impish like "maannn we was playyyyyy'n"
But that's just scep-tism.. tryna get less derision..
Kinda like when Scorpia King switched to Nepotism
Softened up the Dynasty, ossify when it gets to writtens 
Bombing past iconoclast's with abominable physics
So they're fucked behind bars...no conjugal visits 

Sorry if some of the old school references go over the head Smile
levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 11:19pm
This was dope Cuba nice play on the words given love the la theme you brought to it an it all flowed cohesively it's gonna be hard to one up this I predict u taking the word drop for this month that nepotism line was raw as fuck good shit stay up
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 11:22pm
Well done here dude,not only did you use all the key words,but
they were used well,not just thrown in there and then rhymed
with,you actually made them mean something within this piece,
the flow was also good,and your own contents backed up the
the keys words like a hand in hand couple,I feel it's going to
take something real special to top this,and to be fair,the key
words here are quite hard to go on,so all that left for me to
type is good work Cuba,real good..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 11:27pm
I'm indeed not really familiar with some of the references you incorporated here, but I really enjoyed the word placements and the scheme of this. The associations and thought process behind some of the lines, such as the "osmosis" or the "Scorpia King" are very creative. You maintained a natural tone throughout, and I think everything was put together quite well, which is definitely not that easy with regard to some of the required words. I think I've actually only read a few of your verses, so it's nice to see you participating. 
CSKiLLz View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Stats: 0-2-1
Form: LLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CSKiLLz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 11:38pm
Some of this did go over my head z little bit but dope shit all around. Flow was nice and everything was put together well. Good shit
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 2:00pm
Dope shit cube's... Easy top contender for the word drop this month. You need to come out of retirement and start writing though. 

As far as the verse, the whole thing worked for me. Played off of each word nicely and had some good references in there. Favorite bars were the closing 2, even if dynasty was before my time :P.

Enough word drops now. Get back into the game. 

Go my Minions!

Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 4:19pm
Opening couplet was a real nice start 3rd line was the cherry on top , slick punch there. You carried on pretty solid with some nice rhyme schemes and I thought you closed off nice with your use of conjugal. Another really solid entry here another contender.
#bananas
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2016 at 5:27pm
When I seen your drop Cube I was like dammm. The way you effortlessly go top scholar on muthafukkahs. The O.C.D like precision when gathering facts and combing then into a solid Topic. I wasn't around for the Scorpia era but the J5/Kos bar was clean."Oh he's so vogue ish" lmaoo. Nice. Top tier bro

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 3:02am
this was real dope. I was *not at all* a fan of rhyming kosmosis with osmosis but hey.. it fucking worked and the people love it.

bombing past iconoclast segment tho? sweet mother of jesus that was very dope.

the conjugal was a dope grab. just dennis rodman in the paint on deez hoes.. waka flaka would be proud.

tossing in derision (a previous WD word if im not mistaken) earns twelve yolo's.

dope drop cubes. told you in private..I had THOUGHT I dropped feed but alas im a lousy human being. tally ho then.
#Bananas
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 3:07am
Granted our private conversation earlier, I can still say I like this the best out of all of them.
Reading it I kinda felt like an Eminem vibe. Nothing seemed forced and essentially, everything seemed to come together naturally. Almost like the lines were puzzle pieces scattered about and you put the puzzle together. Impressive piece and even better that I know the references.
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Neek Neek wrote:

I was *not at all* a fan of rhyming kosmosis with osmosis

^be sarcastic..joking, right?

Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 3:37am
Yo Cuba this was dope. Interesting word usage and overall concepts. I liked the theme of the piece too.

That opener was killer. Sickness.
Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Droidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 5:13am
seriously that first line tho...fire...i was surprised that you were able to keep the momentum leading off of that.   nice work.

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 7:37pm
First up bro, I gotta say that supportive attitude a few months ago was much appreciated.just to be clear massive improvement.
And to the drop.
All that skill is evident you are a talented writer no doubt
Just thinking though if I didn't know j5 an kos like I don't know scorpia what would I know? Many won't know either
Jus thinking
Respect

daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 7:42pm
Great use of the words here Cubes, Very coherent with the restrictions. This was dope. Liking how you made this peace relevant. Kudos brothaman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic