General Board: LA's Audio Mt. Rushmore!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Who do you believe belongs in the LA's Mt. Rushmore?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [31.15%]
7 [5.74%]
9 [7.38%]
2 [1.64%]
1 [0.82%]
7 [5.74%]
1 [0.82%]
4 [3.28%]
1 [0.82%]
2 [1.64%]
2 [1.64%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
30 [24.59%]
0 [0.00%]
17 [13.93%]
1 [0.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LA's Audio Mt. Rushmore!!!
    Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:22pm
It's finally that time PEOPLE!!! Instead of 4 we will put 5 on the mountain to be fair.

Things to take into account:
-Impact on the audio scene
-Audio Battle record
-Music in audio mic(also How the emcee faired with others of common level or higher level on the same track)
-Ability in lyrics, flow, delivery, charisma
-Battles outside of the battlefield as far as beefs and sorts
-Production
-Consistency

If there are more categories you believe belong in this thread point them out in your replies after you vote!

Edited by D.Von Doom - 19 May 2017 at 8:45pm
I can only fall off in space...
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:28pm
This is dope.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

This is dope.

Yea i figure it's about that time!
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:00pm
Doom, Ch3kk, Elite and Haze.

considering theres clearly no order, ill just explain why.

growth alone, Doom had mentioned it in Ch3kks latest KOTAM thread that theyve both grown expodentially.

Elite and Haze were also "homegrown" in a sense. Even tho Haze has been MIA lately, but they both grew into wild ass artists man.

but of todays crop, and maybe even the older generations, this is my list.

edit: just seen you said five...rofl.

the homie sammy, hes dope, diverse and he got barz for errybody (only didnt make my four due to be an outsider)
#Bananas
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:35pm
That moment you read the things to account for... but you don't do half of them.
Audio battle? Nope
Beefs? Nope
Other battles? Nope

Damn the list, that's 3 of 7 I airball
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:36pm
I'll have to vote for
Neek, Ch3kk, doom, self, Sammy
No order, just picked out in order of list.

Not sure if we supposed to, but I just castes 5 votes for my top 5
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

I'll have to vote for
Neek, Ch3kk, doom, self, Sammy
No order, just picked out in order of list.

Not sure if we supposed to, but I just castes 5 votes for my top 5

In my opinion ability and consistency weighs alot. Trust youre on your way bro
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:33pm
doom, ch3kk, neek, LP 

i think in regards to longevity, he's new but his contribution to the audio scene and impact is impeccable. i'm comfortable putting him on the mount

iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:31am
iLL ScriptureZ
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:34am
Originally posted by iLL ScriptureZ iLL ScriptureZ wrote:

iLL ScriptureZ

Lol oh really jay elect
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by D.Von Doom D.Von Doom wrote:

Originally posted by iLL ScriptureZ iLL ScriptureZ wrote:

iLL ScriptureZ

Lol oh really jay elect

Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:17am
i miss eddie. if he was still active, he'd def get a place

SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:53am
Okay, I have a top four (I think). That fifth slot tho ... ehhh. It's gonna be hard because I have 3 people in mind that deserve it. I want to grade on consistency and quality output not just talent, so .... hmmm... I need some time to do some research.

I'll come back.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:01am
i'm with self, this is a hard one. i think to me neek, doom and ch3kk are solidified, but he 4th and 5th head are difficult. LP for his recent impact. Then cats like iLL who aren't as active audio wise but go through his catalog and see what illness is. and can't forget Haze! i can't believe i overlooked this dude(get more active bro!). Nigma, Rhet, Self, Rutt, Elite....jeeezus....when u think about it, LA's audio scene is pretty stacked lol. 

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:05am
I got:
Neek
Ch33k
Doom
SwordedStylez
Tie between H4ZE/Elite/Mission... I say Haze has got a nose ahead but it's too close to kabosh the other two. Put all three of them up there on some Brady Bunch shit
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:34pm
Got to hold my hands up and say I don't know that much about the Audio scene across the entire history of the site, but I think we're really saying here about guys who have "legend status" or at least something that others should aspire to.

With that in mind I think you gotta say Cheeseburger Eddie purely for his grind, the guy was relentless.

Neek would be on there for me as well, Super Mario slaughterer, one of the best disses I've ever heard. Ruined Eternity in site battle.

Starts getting trickier from this point, Check and Doom are great quality but dunno if I'd say they have "legend status". I'd possibly go back and look at someone like Illa, since he dominated the early days of audio on the site. He was a pioneer so I'd put him up there.

I like the idea of having someone who made the switch from text to audio...Sammy and Rhetorical are the two guys who stand out here. Difficult really, as I think Rhet has huge potential but contribution on LA is limited, particularly on audio, whereas I think Sammy gives more overall. So I'd probably lean more towards him today than Rhet, but who knows in 6 months time.

The last slot I'd either give to one of Doom/Check or look at someone like Chincheck from back in the day who was unreal, or even Ja Vid who dropped some unbelievable stuff (can't remember the name of the song but it had 4 verses). Though can't remember if Ja was on here or more UL. Let's go Chincheck for the sake of argument.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:39pm
Ja Vid - Better Man was it... any of you old heads still got it?!
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:46pm
Was going for a more current and active rushmore thats why I didn't include illa, swordedstylez and other's. I respect your opinion though lol wonder what more do i have to do to be considered "legend" maybe more time on the site who knows
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:52pm
Fight off some decent competition for that belt and I'll give you Illas spot on my list!! It is kind of time served to an extent.

I find that Ja Vid track on the Renegades Dropbox so stand down old heads
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: #2
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:10pm
I don't know some of those people. Never heard any of their tracks. Is any of it available to peep? Some people take tracks down after a long while and that makes it hard to really be as fair as possible. I'm not sure how it weighs out tho. I've never needed anybody to validate me. I've never been defined by one style and I can rap over anything, any swagger, any cadence, from South, to North. I'm fluent like water. If I can't compare people like that it really makes it hard. Especially on collabs with other MC's. Ch3kk Gets it in. Again I'm with the majority as long as people are elected have some music that can be played.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic