General Board: LA's Audio Mt. Rushmore!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Who do you believe belongs in the LA's Mt. Rushmore?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [31.15%]
7 [5.74%]
9 [7.38%]
2 [1.64%]
1 [0.82%]
7 [5.74%]
1 [0.82%]
4 [3.28%]
1 [0.82%]
2 [1.64%]
2 [1.64%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
30 [24.59%]
0 [0.00%]
17 [13.93%]
1 [0.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Ja Vid - Better Man was it... any of you old heads still got it?!

I gotta collab with Ja
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by iLL ScriptureZ iLL ScriptureZ wrote:

I gotta collab with Ja

#Bananas
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:58pm
OK so i didn't do the poll and here's why..

My top 5 would be Neek Check Elite C/Eddie and Doom,(not in any order) the reason
is these guys all bring different angles to the table,and all are seasoned,take C/burger
Eddie with his round ups,they were solid and creative,plus i enjoyed them too,then
there's Check with his aggression and gritty style,Neek who not only can rap really well,
but also brings them subterranean beats too,see the pattern of my dilemma?,so sorry
for the kop out guys,because not only are you all different,you all have plusses and very
little to no negatives,so sorry for not voting... so to my top 5,keep staying unique......
peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: #2
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:55pm
So, how is this whole thing working? I've noticed people have to select 1 by 1 their top 5? That's a lot of clicking and reloading. How does it work. Lol, just curious.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:12am
i clicked 5
#bananas
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:33am
Y'all are dope. Content coming. 

Neek. Elite. Ch3ck. H4ze. Doom. Those were the ones who kept me coming back. 

ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:57am
Fucking C.B. Eddie. What's up bro? I fucks with this guy. Pure definition of grinding and hard work at its best right here. Please drop some shit fam. I'm looking forward to it. 
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Cheeseburger Eddie Cheeseburger Eddie wrote:

Y'all are dope. Content coming. 

Neek. Elite. Ch3ck. H4ze. Doom. Those were the ones who kept me coming back. 

The man of the year has returned!
I can only fall off in space...
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:00am
Lmfao0o0o0o0o, how in the fuck Bakardi get 10 votes. I'm dying right now bruh. I need somebody to come back with mean ass GIF. Please. Wtf, I didn't see one person even mention his name. Bakardi, where you at bro? Come on out and take a bow homie. You've fucking won.
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:03am
Life jumped up for a bit. Maybe I'll write about it. How you living?
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:04am
No complaints bro. I know what's it's like when life gets going
 Gotta do what you gotta do.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:05am
@cheese still spitting and hitting on women
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 1:34pm
Lmfao, ok ok ok. Who is the comedian that voted for Bakardi and Ashley Kaos all those damn times? Come on bruh. Just say who you are. This is funny as fuck. I check this to see what the count is now. Lmao, Smh. Slip is this you? Seems like the type of shit you into. 
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 2:13pm
Went with Ch3kkgame cuz his shit has always been consistent. Not to mention that he doesnt mind dissing text heads. His beefs are usually entertaining and he has yet to disappoint with his audios.
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:34pm
Good Looks Dizz. I appreciate that bro. It's always about the grind.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:41pm
The people have spoken

Ak
Bacardi
Eddie
Doom
Neek

Top 5 right now
#bananas
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 4:12pm
I was going to vote, but i didnt see Dylons name 
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:06pm
I cast a vote! And then I wrote this.

Neek
This dude here is just pure personality on the microphone. No matter what song he's featured on he's gonna standout. There is a sort of charismatic energy surrounding his verses and audios. He's also extremely versatile. He's able to hop on any song, with any rapper, about any subject and sound completely natural and at ease while doing so. For him it seems effortless. This is because Neek needs no gimmicks to shine. He's just an all around lethal emcee.

Doom
My guy here sounds like a general when he raps. There is a Tupac type of quality to his voice. In other words, when he spits, it sounds like you're suppose to pay attention to what he's saying. He possesses a real presences on the microphone. And it's not just his voice that demands your attention either. It's also his lyrics. This is because his verses typically tend to be filled with a lot of clever wordplay and double meanings, which require a very attentive ear . Not to mention, his lyrical articulation is no less precise than a surgical knife.

Ch3ck
One word ... CONFIDENCE! The way this guy delivers his content you'd think every word of every line was the dopest shit spit since Nas released Illmatic. That's the type of confidence and bravado this guy is able to conjure and project through the sound system each time he drops an audio. Lyrically he's mean with the ballpoint/keys. There's no doubt about it. However, I think his true star power relies in his unbridled swagger on the mic and his sure fire willingness to go toe-to-toe with any challenger at anytime. Ch3ck is a fierce competitor, a real-life spitta, and a modern day 8Ball (imo). Dope dude!

Elite
I haven't peeped an Elite track in a hot minute, but from what I remember, this dude is a high level lyricist and a top notch storyteller. He's also a fascinating producer and stellar beat-maker. Let me also mention that he's not the type of artist you're gonna pigeonhole into a single style or category. In fact, I would say that E is similar to a mad scientist in the lab, the way he doesn't seem to mind taking experimental risk in hopes of creating the perfect sound or song. Mad props!

LP
My dawg doesn't make songs! He makes adventures that come with theme music. Lol. Seriously, nearly everything that LP shares with us is overflowing in creativity, positive energy and an underlining sense of humor. Although, he can get pretty introspective when he wants to. However, the Lord P's greatest attribute is probably the unique animation of his voice. Dude is a character on the mic and his vocals can bring even the dullest tracks to life. Artistically speaking, P is a random splash of color against a white canvas.

Rhetorical
This guy already sounds like a complete artist. Seriously. If someone came to me today and said, "Yo, SELF, did you know ya boy Rhet use to rap wit Atmosphere?", I wouldn't bat a fuckin eye. And the reason is because just like the aforementioned group his music is filled with emotion and dark poetic lyricism. On another note, it's also obvious he's a meticulous wordsmith, due to the fact that nearly every line he spits is with impeccable timing and a well measured cadence. Personally, I'm expecting 2017 to be a year that sees many cats claiming he might just be the new audio king of L.A. But, we'll see what happens.

Sammy
My Day 1 might be the best at making hooks on the entire site. If not he's top three. Easily at that. He also maybe the best at pulling off highly lyrical and extremely conceptual topics. Peep his 'The Puppet Master' piece for further proof. His flow is foolish. His voice is dope. And lyrically ... it's getting harder to breathe in his stratosphere. Let this guy get access to a studio or some legit equipment and it's lights out. A diamond in the rough and a beast on the come up.

Nigma
If Ch3ck is the modern-day 8Ball then my amigo Nigma is undoubtedly the evolution of the new-age Aesop Rock. And just like the comparisons his voice is unorthodox, his flow is strange, and his lyrics are so packed with word-for-word gems you could write an essay per line just breaking them down. All of this make him an interesting and very intriguing artist to watch out for. A Nigma feature is always a treat and true pleasure to hear. And just like Sammy if and when he ever decides to take this audio thing to the max ... mark my words ... it's a wrap! Dude is next level with the pen and flow. The more he hones and perfects his craft the bigger threat he will surely become. I can't wait to hear what he has in store for us. I already know it's gonna be the talk of the forum.

Edited by SELF ACTIVATE - 24 May 2017 at 8:11pm
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:10pm
@self man this was the best breakdown of the audio section i ever seen. Good post bro thank you
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:16pm
No problem my dude. It's all just my opinion. I know cats like Mission, Haze, and Bakardi, and a few of the full time beat makers deserve some shine as well. Even Eddie. But I'm less familiar with their stuff and can only go off what I've heard thus far. So I'll leave it up to more qualified members to handle that. But, yeah, this is how I'm seeing it as of right now.

Edited by SELF ACTIVATE - 24 May 2017 at 9:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic