Forum LockedAudio Battle Archive: Lord Puente vs D.Von Doom (Audio Battle) (3-2)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Puente vs D.Von Doom (Audio Battle) (3-2)
    Posted: 12 June 2017 at 11:48am
audio battle
no flips
1:30 seconds
a capella
3 days (due Wednesday night)
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2017 at 4:58pm
Check
I can only fall off in space...
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 10:45pm
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 11:52pm

https://soundcloud.com/daofficial1/vs-lord-puente

Only expo:
He's from florida and the miami dolphins went undefeated in 1972 football season.
I can only fall off in space...
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #3
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 12:27am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

this battle was a lot better than i thought it was gonna be. good job both of you.

lp - you actually held your own pretty well here, ive never heard you audio battle so i was pretty skeptical on this. you had a handful of effective punches. the "bitch on his team" to open was really hard, and the ch3kk/trizz lines were also strong points for this, however some of your punches leaned more indirect than direct here.. another issue was the flow for me. your lines seemed to be too far stretched for you to even properly flow this as an acapella, so everything came out awkward and clumsy. 

overall, this was a rather impressive outing here. you really exceeded my expectations w this bro. good work.

d von - right off the bat you had the issue that lp had (flow) nailed. the flow was very good. you still sounded hungry and aggressive even after 18 battles, most of which you won. i will say that your opener was the bar of the battle for me. the RTJ/LP kill a mic (El-P Killer Mike) combo was very impressive. you also had other strong lines, such as the "18 who did it first" punch. you went the less personal route than lp, and while im all for lowblows and dirty shots in battles you did just fine w the standard jabs and punchlines. you were in your zone here i believe. overall, this is a pretty nice outing for you. as a seasoned vet w the mic in audio battles you didnt disappoint at all here.

in conclusion, lp had some very good work here for someone who seems to be just starting out in the audio battlefield (?? correct me if im wrong but i think this is the first ive heard from you), but d von specializes in these parts and he came thru with very effective punches, most of which landed, on top of a solid flow and delivery (which some dont consider important, but to me, this is the audio battlefield. delivery and flow are among the most important aspects here). 

MVGT D Von

great work guys!
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 12:40am
Good battle both, I won't vote as I don't want to sound biased but this was close.

Good luck
The original comeback kid
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 12:57am

LP 
Opening line was pretty nice. It's a very played angle and has been hit on before by almost everyone that battles Doom.
Second line was cool, could have been harder but playing off the same angle as the first bar kind of took some of the sting out.
BL3 line was cool, i think the wording up to the punch could have been better. It's all about cut throat activity in audios.
as someone told me once when feeding one of my audio drops on LA. Mentioning information in a personal is ok. However, putting it 
in a scheme or actually making it into a punchline. just mentioning it doesn't hit as hard. A lot of the other personals you had are written 
in this same exact way and it really takes the power out of what could have been hay makers. It goes with the game bro, as you drop and battle 
more you will learn. Now it's time for the gritty and the basic difference between text and audio. Your bars were to spaced apart. You took long
pauses between you bars and it took away from the flow and delivery they could have had. When you hop into the big leagues you have to be ready
to play ball bruh. It's not just the lines and bars in audio battles. It's Flow, Delivery, Timing. It's not just changing your tone at the end of
lines. It takes the total package. You were impressive tho, I'm not taking that from you. You just have to work at it some more. You can't take
those long breaks between bars it makes the flow choppy and it doesn't have the consistency you need to build up energy. all in all a nice drop.
Just work on those areas and you should be good.

Doom
Opening lines were dope. LP killa mic shit was slick. Since no one has battled LP this material is fresh so it has a harder hitting factor than
some of LP's bars. The shirt size line was cool. Like E said the other 18 havent said first line was sick. The fatal wound line was slick as well.
The coming back with only fatal with filler line. The realtor/ verse houses ya doubt/plan more/ evicting confidence with every lyric that land lord. 
That shit was dope. The last few lines were cool. but the ones quoted here were the hard hitting ones for me. It's not just mentioning personals.
It's connecting them with schemes, and actual punchlines. Classic Doom here. Sometimes you have to peep his verses multiple times cause on a 1 listen
you will miss shit that on a second or third listen will all make sense. Can hear the experience in this verse and the fact that he is in his
comfort zone doing this. Solid drop by Doom here.

All in all this battle was more close than I expected. Meaning LP was better than I assumed he would be. However, it's the fact that he isn't use
to Audio battling that had him out matched. The inconsistency of his flow, timing, and delivery really drained energy from his verse and it
never got to build up to what could have been some nice punches played off personals. Throw in the fact that the angles were already pretty much
used and they were just mentioned and not really creatively written also takes away from the impact they could have had. Although I do want to 
hear you get some more battles in. You will only grow as an Audio battler. Nice first time drop tho LP. My hat is off to you. You just had
to come more consistent and creative when battling Doom. A game has to be brought. 

MVGT - Doom for the more well rounded verse, more consistent flow and delivery and creativity. Nice audio battle gentlemen. The first that has 
been dropped in a long while. So salute.

P.S I wasn't going to vote initially. However, I honestly felt like this needed to be voted on by an experienced audio battler to really highlight the skill set that makes audio. AUDIO. Taking nothing away
from LP. It takes time and work to get to that next level bro.
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 12:10pm

Yo if checkk is going to hop on this voting then so am I, a few days ago you literally said y'all were so tight that you wouldn't even battle

L.P.- I really dug the opener was nice great personal then you strung together the next bar with a nice twist on his relationship with Chekk. I think something you should of focused on a little more was pronunciation but I understand that you have a little accent so I'll give some. I really liked the Triz bars as it is relevant and personal, personal punches seems like your focal point which I was always told wins battles, but personally I'd suggest throwing in some wordplay once in a while. It just adds a nice twist and depth to a verse. Overall I thought you rocked steady with the shots and had slight issues with pronunciation but no deal breakers.

Doom - First you brought a tree bark/bite play which is a highly played concept, I just can't back that you're the current champ dude. I really dug the "what are you gonna say that the other 18 people haven't" bar. It's really a smart move because to me as a listener it makes me question how many played concepts is this dude working with which is obviously good. The next bar that stood out to me is the plumber/crack bar..fuck bro what are you doing rocking with this shit? The concept is older than betty white..im not sure if you're holding back because this isnt the title match? I liked the Miami bar it was a nice play and you had steady shots throughout. I honestly expected more just because you're the champ ya know..either way you had ups and downs.

I'd pretty much call this even, the only deciding factor imo is Dooms two highly played bars. You can't bring that shit in a big battle as it just kills momentum. On that note I'm going to edge it to L.P. for consistently hitting, neither had major haymarker bars on concepts but L.P. was more consistent.

Vote LP
The original comeback kid
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 7:07pm

Doom,you was handy with your flow here,your actual delivery was solid too for an audio with no beat,and yes you got at him also,you had some nice content within
your drop too,the personals were also present and hitting well with the punches
entow,your similes/plays even boosted the overall vibe,you seemed to have a
controlled aggression to your tone here,which for me is what I'd expect from a
seasoned audio head,it gave the feel you was just brushing him off with the least
minimum effort,this was due to your personals in parts going at Puente via a crew
angle,nothing wrong with that route let me just say,(use what you got is always a
good policy),this was a solid battle track..

Puente,first off your delivery was in some ways with its faults,it had the feel of been
read at the moment you spat it,now with that typed the other side to this coin is this,
it also gave it an edgy vibe too,a kind of raw feel if you like,in which i personally did like,your personals were to the point with no fucking around attached,your whole
verse was aimed and relevant via the loose truths,the other thing that struck me was
your centred approach,you didn't seem interested in the title,you just went straight for
Doom,as you had some zest to your pitch whilst delivering your bars,(i like that shit),
you also had some good punches too that found their mark well..also solid work
here..

Overall this battle is a close one to call really,both gave a good account of themselves
here i thought,in fact before I made my decision,I listened to each track 3 times (truth),
the battle itself had a vibe to it,it was like Mainstream v Underground,so it pains me to
call a winner really,but I'm going to go with Puente,here's why,plain and simple i enjoyed
his offering that little bit more,this was due to the aggression angle he came with,it
seemed he had something to say that bit louder which gave him more of a direct
aporoach,still really hard to call solid battle,(the best in a long while),props to both
here still..

Vote...Puente..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 10:44pm
This one is 2-2 and requires 1 vote to close.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 5:35pm
Surely somebody can come and vote on this?
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 7:18pm

This is one reason why i dont like battling on this site. Right away i see who voted and who was gonna get whose vote. Shit is fucking weak. Nothing on Crim or DTK at all
As for the battle

LP - Opener was nice. Also, your bars are actually really good. You have content and alot of
personals here.  You have some good slant rhymes here. You also put out some factual bars that you dont see alot of. The delivery was pretty nice also and that BL3 line was dope. Overall this was a pretty good Accepella.

Doom -  Your fucking voice is so strong. Shit, the opening i can tell you went off a beat. I wish you had much more personals. You have a few shots like that Neeks line but i wanted to see more direct punches and less plays. The landlord line came off ehhh. Your mic presence is hardcore though. Sound like you could have used a little more bite to your bars man. Still a close battle

MVGT - LP - Delivery was better, personals all over the place and some good one liners.

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 7:36pm
LP wins 3-2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic