Audio Mic: Lucky You (Uses Joyner Lucas' Instrumental)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucky You (Uses Joyner Lucas' Instrumental)
    Posted: 18 March 2019 at 6:04am
I've been working on this song for months, finally finished the lyrics today and just recorded tonight. My mic has a pop filter on it, and I'm using a turtlebeach headset to record on. I used Audacity to edit the audio. 

I used Joyner Lucas' song Lucky You's instrumental. I put a lot of hard work into this so please let me know how I can improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oju6j1ZgKZU
Essence1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Essence1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 10:20pm
This seems to be your best one yet, you've definitely improved your flow by miles on this one, a couple of lines were a bit long like

The competition is on mission to leave us out of commission

But the audio quality is terrible, like what Nigma said on that last post you can do wonders with a recording app on a phone and doing what he suggested like placing a sock over it if you're strapped for cash.

My first recordings were done with a $30 sony dynamic mic and while using Cool Edit/Adobe Audition 1.5 and I placed the mic on a table clip I got for less then $15 I think. I'm a bit under the rock when it comes to phones and all that but there are people on this forum that use their phones to record and still manage to have decent audio quality, really look into investing in at least a dynamic mic or even going the free route and checking out those recording phone apps, I'm pretty sure Nigma had a suggestion for it.

But overall, this was better than anything you've posted so far, you kept on point. You didn't switch up your flow too much, but did so at the right times I would say so it was much easier to listen to.

Keep going, but do something about your audio quality.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic