Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lyrical Assault on Social Networks
    Posted: 02 July 2014 at 8:33pm
As some of you may be aware, LA is on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace (Is that still a thing?). But now there are even more places you can like an subscribe us.

We are now on YouTube, SoundCloud and Google+ with more likely to follow. I have plans for some of these services will be integrated more closely into the site for those that like that sort of thing. More on that soon.

Some of these may be a bit bare at the moment as they have literally just been set up, but they will help you keep up-to-date on new tournaments, events and other news. Places like YouTube and Soundcloud will feature music by LA Members, if you're an audio head then get in touch with me about featuring your music.

For now, here are the current social networks you can find us on with links.

Edited by Scotty32 - 02 July 2014 at 10:04pm
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:33am
Yeah this is just fuckin cool, I'm definitely looking forward to the Soundcloud integration most of all, but I'll be recording some freestyle vids at some point I reckon (once I can figure out how to do so with decent produciton quality - really never tried before) I may even do an animated music video for a track of my EP if I can think of a good "concept" (which I have a LOT of experience with.)  

Flame - you're right, we do. But we still have some audio going on, and without letting too much go, keep an eye out, there's could be some cool audio activity happening real soon. This will definitely help us attract more heads though.

I'm also (again once I figure out how to) going to try and organise a weekly or monthly "cypher" in the chat room for people to spit verses they have or freestyles, if we could screencap those (assuming they work out good) and record the stereo mix for audio we could even post up actual cyphers on Youtube, which I think would be pretty dope.

Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
fuckoff View Drop Down

Stats: 27-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:37am
how you gunna do the animation? love cartoon vids

lol check the other thread just made me think of sick old video i aint seen in years
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:44am
I use "ToonBoom Animate Pro" it's part of what I do for a living. And yeah that video is DOPE haha.

Like I say, I'm ALL about developing the audio side of the site. If the audio side gets up I might actually be able to persuade some real "vets" to join up. At the moment they kinda look down on the site with it's focus on text rather than actual rapping, wish it was otherwise but these guys are oldschool with it.

Edited by SwordedStylez - 03 July 2014 at 1:50am
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
fuckoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:51am
Originally posted by SwordedStylez SwordedStylez wrote:

I use "ToonBoom Animate Pro" it's part of what I do for a living. And yeah that video is DOPE haha.

Like I say, I'm ALL about developing the audio side of the site. If the audio side gets up I might actually be able to persuade some real "vets" to join up. At the moment they kinda look down on the site with it's focus on text rather than actual rapping, wish it was otherwise but these guys are oldschool with it.

that toonboom is sick im getting get a dutty copy somewhere right now lol. 
fuckoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:52am
Originally posted by DjFlame DjFlame wrote:

because my parents never leave the house together

are you squatting?

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:54am
To be honest, I was thinking more on the side of audio quality rather than just screen capture. We'd need something that could record really good quality. Like I say, i'll look into it. Without trying to sound like a cock Fraps isn't likely to give us anything with good enough audio quality to make anyone rate the site. However, if I can record a decent quality stereo mix direct from my soundcard then we might have a shot at something pretty tight (obviously assuming the people who rap make sure that their end is set-up right for good audio sound.)  It's actually a lot more complex a process than just pulling a screen cap with shitty audio. We want to attract people to us, not make them laugh at us .
Music

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:55am
Originally posted by fuckoff fuckoff wrote:

Originally posted by SwordedStylez SwordedStylez wrote:

that toonboom is sick im getting get a dutty copy somewhere right now lol. 

Lol I don't condone piracy. It's an expensive bit of kit but if you can draw well (it works more like oldschool animation than flash/vector animation for the most part) then it'll be good for you. If you're more a "Point and click" artist then try Anime Studio Pro instead, as it'll give you better results if you don't have a decent graphics tablet.
Music

fuckoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:58am
nah im a drawer man always wanted to give animation a go.

an flame dw its probs a british thing
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 2:00am
You have a good tablet? The main reason I ask is that you can't scan drawings into the software, so it's fairly pants without a tablet.  Like I say, pain in the arse but that's the way it is with these things.  Once you've had a play give me a shout, maybe we can put summat together as a collabo effort, that'd be cool as fuck.
Music

LyriKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-7-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LyriKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 2:47pm
Checked it.. Dead on FB, Biting the dust on twitter.
E.V.P. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 7-4-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote E.V.P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 4:24pm
#2-7
#nobodycaresaboutyou
#ragequit
E.V.P. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 7-4-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote E.V.P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 4:25pm
Props Scott for getting LA out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic