Forum LockedLyrical Lobotomy : Lyrical Lobotomy Mag - Week 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lyrical Lobotomy Mag - Week 2
    Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:04am
Lyrical Lobotomy Tournament Mag - Week 2
By: Big Game

As we all know, this tournament has been a very quiet one, so I have decided to create this mag.
Inside you will find rankings within the tourney, interviews, predictions and much more.

As posted on LA’s main page, we are now in Round 2 of the tournament.

In round 1 of the tournament the matches were as follows:

A LOOK BACK AT ROUND 1

Acid vs SwedishDope

SwedishDope was the underdog here and did in fact lose by a KO.
All voters seem to have the same thought about Swedes verse saying that it just didn’t attack Acid and was more like an Open Mic script.
Swede is respectful and humble though, and wasn’t too sure that he would beat Acid to begin with. Good Job Acid!

Kay B vs Iziah

Iziah was definitely the underdog in this battle and he did in fact lose by KO.
All voters seemed to agree that Iz did have a decent verse but it just wasn’t consistent enough to hold up against Kays.
One of the bars that won this for Kay was:

Time to drop u IZ, confused state like hypnoses
Ya Best bars in ya sig..shame u miss-spelt psychosis
(Kay B)

Izs sig:

Insane drops of pain in my acidic mind- psychosis
So close its putting you to sleep critic, my hypnosis

DTK vs Nefarious

This was looking to make for a real tough battle but DTK won with a quick KO.
But there were some nice bars in this battle from both competitors.

only time you DressToKill is when you playin' Call of Duty
so who's raw as sushi? you just got murked by a fuckin' newbie
next battle keep the Rhymes in ya mouth like one of Busta's groupies
(Nef)

And referring to DTK’s cross tat:

you're a lost measure- RuPall with your balls severed
that cross tattoo makes you a bonafide Cross Dresser
(Nef)

But DTK’s clever wordplay and experience topped this one off:

Looking to draw blood first, my mission is to restore the fear
Leaving Nef pen-shunned! Cuz this is the end of his career! (Pension)
(DTK)

I break geeks, your a private in this text shit, can't outrank me!                                                        
Flip his name and take a win out of FeNway like the Yankees!
(DTK)

Nef hasn’t been seen since this battle.

Kiki Spirez vs Raezor777

Raezor was the underdog in this battle and did in fact lose by KO.

All of the voters seem to agree that Raez lacked punches though he had some nice rhyming.
Also, he seemed to have sold himself short with his short bar length.
He tried the same old played concept LA had seen a million times with the ex-spirez play:

Your name should be ciaran tank,
Cuz kiki may fuel up, but always ex-spirez
(Raez)

Kiki had some solid hits:

Yaw kno he bn gettin ethrd.. I tell Vets,
He'll be a failure, 'til trailers discover spell checks,
Hell yes! So sorry that i'm a cunt hater,
You're no cut throat, i'm just being 'blunt raezor',
Some paper, a pen, recipe for disaster,
Cos i'm Sweeney Todd, how I slice a raezor faster,
(Kiki)

Smoothtung vs Lucky D

This was clearly meant to be a tough battle as it seemed it was going to turn out when the 1st vote by Acid was in Luckys favor and the 2nd vote by DTK in Smooths favor.
But it went downhill for Smooth after DTKs vote and he lost 5-1.

Smooth took his chances with a different type of structure which didn’t quite work out for him here.
Though Smooth did have some crafty wordplay:

I am phyre! im Goku.
..*'he's 'puzzled'*..
I've got this 'squares number' like sudoku..
I'm so rude..   i'll feast off his loved ones and spew blood..
sprint through mud..
to hit him with a ..'peace'.. without lifting a deuce up!
(Smooth)

Lucky took an opposite approach and stretched his bars a bit.
But he landed some good punches as he has been out of the battling scene for a minute.

Tha sweet sixteen will break ya leg durin' tha big game you was missin'
Got punched like my mistress after breakin' dishes in tha kitchen
Tryin' to stand on top a cal bring it to a fight I'll take ya life
Smooth battles like a floored turbin, dude ain't wrapped so tight
(Lucky D)

Spume Corrupt vs HanGing

HanGing no showed.
Spume had some decent punches in his verse though he advanced by HanGings DQ.

I'll fuckin blaze this bloke, punch holes till the bitch is hamming
hammered 9inch nails thru skulls, thats how I picture Hanging
(Spume)

Matty M scam vs Jams

Matty no showed (whata Scam!)
Jams had some decent punches in his verse though he advanced by Mattys DQ.

matt jams or matt scam? this couldn't get more obvious
cuz scam couldn't be def if I showed you where his body is
(Jams)

Venomonology vs Trizzy Tre

Ven no showed.
Tre had some decent punches in his verse though he advanced by Vens DQ.

Snakes have both sexual organs got me thinkin like what the hell?!
now you really bring a new meaning to the phrase GO FUCK YOURSELF!!
Landing punches in barrages, one to the body, head, broke nose then mouth…
Cuz I’ll make V-sore today and I don’t mean when birds go fly south!
(Tre)

So in conclusion, people who advance are:

Acid
Kay B
DTK
Kiki Spirez
Lucky D
Spume Corrupt
Jams
Trizzy Tre

ROUND 2 MATCH UPS

Kiki Spirez vs Lucky D
Trizzy Tre vs Kay B
Jams vs Spume Corrupt
Acid vs DTK

Predictions

I asked Manc to give his predictions on Round 2 since we can all agree that he is a well rounded battler and knows what to look for.
Here is his response:

Kiki - Lucky:
Since Luckys return, he seems to ave improved his general battle skills alot - however, Kiki has also done the same in the way of improvements and is on fire at the minute. I reckon Kiki will take this one.

Tizzy Tre - Kay B:
Kay is one of the most skilled personal hit writers this site has to offer. And Tizzy Tre is one of the best newbies Ive seen come to LA in a long while. They both have great skills with personal hits though, so i reckon this will be a close one. Have a feeling Kay will dig deep ere knowing his opponent is a decent challenge. This one will be a very close one that I can't call.

Jams - Spume Corrupt:
Jams, again is a skilled writer. Another one Ive seen come ere and have high hopes for. But Spume - after seeing that verse he did at HanGing - dayummmm - Spume is a very very talented writer, and can throw up some personal hits that you would never even be able to think of. I reckon Spume will take this one.

Acid - DTK:
Acid is a very decent writer - has quite a unique style, and is definetly on the up as far as speedy elevation goes. However - DTK is another writer that is on fire lately. He has improved a HUGE amount since he's been back, and is one of the best topical writers this site has. I reckon DTK will take this one - but dont count Acid out, cuz he may drop some shit that will make your jaw lower.

Good luck lads,
Manc

Thank you Manc for the quick response and I totally agree with all of this.

Interviews

I caught up with Smoothtung and asked him some questions pertaining to his loss to Lucky D and his overall predictions.
Our conversation:

How ya doing Smooth, that was a good battle between you and Lucky and I was quite surprised that you lost, were you?

wtf of course i was surprised.. but i've come to grips with the fact he beat me.

Yea we lose some and win some Smooth. I notice that you used a different type of structure for that verse, did you suspect that your unique structure would win over the voters?

I had a cocky idea to light this this thing up with wordplay and sacrifice the word/per bar count, and i just didn't put in the time and effort that I needed to pull this one out.

Understandable, sometimes we take things too lightly and regret it at the end. Your verse wasn't a complete blow out though. What was your favorite bar in Luckys verse?

"Like sea breeze you can't see me with tha seams of a sunny evenin
Hopin' for better scripts than me fiendin' durin' my oxy treatment"
------ And it's not that it's even lyrical but it's grimy and it better be real..

Yes that had some nice wordplay. Well it sucks to see you out of the tourney so quickly bro. Now that you are out, who do you predict will win it all and why?

Im going with dtk, dudes a beast..

Yes that is a possibility as DTK is indeed a beast!
Well thank you for your time Smooth and better luck on the next one!

I also had a chance to catch up with kiki Spirez 'who is still in the tourney, some quick questions;
Our conversation:

How are ya Ki, firstly I'd like to congratulate you on your win over Raezer777! Speaking of that win, how confident were you that you would win that match?

I was to be honest, all credit to him, he's one for the future and hasn't been round long, but I was confident that I had enough, and I would've been very disappointed if i'd not come with enough to get the straight win.

Yes, I think we would have all been surprised if ya lost. Now we all know that you won, but do ya personally feel that the guy hit ya at all?

Like I said, we shouldn't judge the guy now, he's still growing. But he seems like a really genuine dude that's eager to take advice, and is very humble, which will take him a long way when it comes to elevation.

That is very much true , and your humbleness is also very much appreciated here. I know you are not the type to brag, but all in fun, what was your favorite bar toward him?

Probably the 'I'm Sweeney Todd, how I slice a Raezor faster'. Obviously when you see a newbie name, you pick it apart as other meanings and connotations.. And the first thing I thought of with a 'razor' was 'Sweeney Todd', cos the musical/film is fucking sick. He's a guy that's quick with slicing razor's.. It fell in my fucking lap haha

Some paper, a pen, recipe for disaster,
Cos i'm Sweeney Todd, how I slice a raezor faster,

Yes, that is a clever bar I do agree. well this battle is over and you battle Lucky next, how confident are you that you will win that bout?

I'm confident. Me and Lucky had some real contests back in the day, like, I was checking them out the other day, cos I remembered some of the Opens bringing some real emotions out of both of us. He'd found pictures of me and my friends, which made me threaten him, and it pulled something extra out of me that allowed me to hold my own against Lucky and a then very early LI, when I was the only active member left on Asylum. Some classic stuff. But i've elevated, Lucky has been off the site getting naturally rusty, plus his biggest threat will always lie in topicals. But i'm not being complacent, I know I have to come good to stop him.

Very good answer, it will be a battle for the books! Now there are some very good competitors left in this tourney, who do you label your worst threat in this tournament?

I'd probably say Kay B. And the reason I say that, is that he's not been dropping in recent times, he's just been giving the odd smart ass comment, whilst modding and clearing up. So as well as having great skills, he's going to have all this material on the rest of us cos of his tactical thread deleting self hasn't been overly involved Fuck Kay..

Lol, well there ya have it, Kay B as the biggest threat! we'll have to just wait and see how it all plays out. Good Luck and thanks for the interview Ki!

Next Tourney

I personally think we should jump right into a new tourney after this one is complete or maybe even jump into one right now.
Feel free to express your opinions on this matter though Scotty may not allow it so soon.

A big up to Cee Jay Outlaw for taking the time to orchestrate this tournament!

Be sure to vote!

Til next week ....

A mod can feel free to move this to a more appropriate section if need be ...

Edited by BIG GAME - 07 May 2013 at 12:10am
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:16am
This was cool man, some nice pieces there, you know people appreciate your effort with this.
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:37am
This is awesome, dude! We all appreciate this! Great initiative
The original comeback kid
IZIAH View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-3-1
Form: WLLWLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IZIAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 1:36am
great stuff BG! yeah, i think we should jump into another tourney here after this one... i'm gonna be battling until i actually go on a winning streak, (which is gonna be very hard lol), but if i can get better quick as i did open mic wise, i'm gonna be somethin to be reckoned with lol. (which will take quite some time) Big smile
~Insight The Inspired~
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 1:59am
Yo this shit was dope as fuck. Good work BG much respect on taken the time to do this and putting it together.
Lucky D View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 17-21-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lucky D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 2:10am
Well Done BG.

I know I said I would do it, but I got lazy
Plus this was dope
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 7:35am
Yea it wasn't nothing, it took an hour and a half at the most.
The longest part was waiting for the replies for the interviews, which they were even responded to quickly.

I just got tired of wondering who is where in this damn tournament and I had some dead time today so I decided to do it quickly.

I'll try to do it next week, so any battlers involved be expecting a PM as I may need to ask you some questions for the mag.

But overall i just think this brings more life to the tourney.
It should be moved to the tourney forum and maybe a link for it posted on the main page in the tourney section.

But damn it, i want in the next tourney!
I asked to be in this one Cee jay .... prick!

btw, don't be scared to use the like system fellas!

Edited by BIG GAME - 07 May 2013 at 7:55am
Cee-Jay Outlaw View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: WLLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 8:08am
Nice one for this BG, apologies to all who wanted to be in the tourney but we had a working system. The next one whenever it will be. If I'm running will be as large as physically possible providing there's enough room for voters!
Smoothtung View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 25-8-3
Form: WWWLWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smoothtung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:44pm
Yea this is sick bruh, except for the fact you made me sound like a douch in my interview! Aha but good looks on this man
Imagery so vividly intrinsic you might miss it..
Though you never even had the chance to witness it
fuckoff View Drop Down

Stats: 27-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 1:59pm
topical tourney.

cool mag man props
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 2:19pm
I def think this brings more energy to the torney...
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Smoothtung Smoothtung wrote:

Yea this is sick bruh, except for the fact you made me sound like a douch in my interview! Aha but good looks on this man

I'm really having trouble understanding that. I asked you th questions, you answered. I personally thought I was really respectful in your interview and didn't try to clown you at all, after reading a couple of more times, I still feel the same. I can't really pin point what you mean by "make you sound like a douche".

Yea Fuck Off, it most likely will be a topical this time which is good for you, but that just aint my cup of tea.
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 5:33pm
Nice job dude, made a good read....Oh an' fuck kiki :-)
L.S.D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-7-0
Form: LWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote L.S.D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 5:59pm
Good post BG,at least were updated about what's happenin in this tourney
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 6:30pm
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic