Forum LockedXFade: Revolution vs The Dynasty: Mcwoods vs Ikon (text)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mcwoods vs Ikon (text)
    Posted: 19 January 2009 at 2:39pm
First to 3 votes wins
16 lines max
No crew votes
No-show = loss for the crew
Dynasty's member goes first
XFade's member has a week from Dynasty's member posted
Will not go to battle stats
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
mcwoods View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Stats: 42-51-0
Form: LLLLWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 8:48am
fuck it....

lets go...

fuck the bitches and time wastin', imma go in with the first shot
i don't know what it is about these dynasty boys, and avoidin' the "first spot"?..
n' you tha worst, ock, remixes got me wonderin' how you endure speakin?
kon, tryna 'mirror nas'? makes sense cause thats all you're 'seein''.. (Na..)
so imma break the captain, someone tell me why this fake is rappin'?
Resolution's can come true, n' battlin' woods is one way to make it happen!! (See God)..
ho's take money and get fucked, so tell me why's this whore's fightin'?..
It's obvious you wanna "bang, good", but with megan thats probly MORE likely (1/1000000)..
ha.. im deranged wit tha skill, boys get ta arrangin' his will...
'Tha Vets' jokin' he went from 'average to dope', without changin' in skill!! (true...hahaha....)
tha competition left, you still ass... so i stay removin' ya vitals
shit i just humiliated a dude, who destroyed you in a final (ouch...)
'coolio's son' workin' a deal? thats a bit pathetic!...
'specially in his pic, showing what he'll do to get it.. (BEND OVER BITCH..lmao)
he ass on every track, so get ready to spit n' shout
"How could youu beee so HearTLeyysSSS"... Cause mcwoods FUCKIN' Ripped it OUT!!!

Easy...

lets get this muh' started..
I-kontinue View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

The Sovereign

Crew: The Dynasty

Text Rank: #3
Stats: 46-9-0
Form: WWWWWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 3:15pm
*Sighs*

So they got me battlin’… a fuckin’ geek with colored letterin’
Slash… Fake Wayne, so Pain-hits is what I’m sendin’ him
Listen, man… All ya spits I think is a joke
That GFX battle made ya first Serious post
You’ll bicker and mope when you see ya option’s to hell
Ironic thing’s I’ve “had woods”, but he’s copped the few L’s (fuels)
Cause the dude’s failed horribly… all his hooks empty
No wonder “Kon” is "soft woods": That’s how he looks against me
G-father T’s was supposed him gangsta more (Haaaaa)
The best wood to handle beef is chopsticks, ask Senor (Never before seen! Fuck X Fade! )
Half hot fucka… Koopa rummaged a spark
I guess it’s true that people’s best writing comes from the heart
You never should START shit since you can’t CLOSE joints
Blank foreshadowed… “XFade will battle with No Point”
He’s ya'll smartest member, so keep him around, cause
Life ain’t a Toy Story, Woody comes without buzz

You can keep the title... I know who I be.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 3:46pm
Woods - Sick opening, + credibility points and nice diss on the punchline....second punch was decent, wasn't great but was solid and original so bonus points for that, kind of a personal reference with the Nas remix too...resolution's punch was ok, not really sure why you said "resolutions" (maybe he said it? but didn't back it up with a link so guessing not), so it was ok...ho's filler line was nice, extra punch in there that I like to see...bang good was a nice play + personal reference, flipped into a good punch...wasn't AMAZING but solid...next punch was sick, strong filler bar with good rhyme and also a diss...next punch was a strong personal, thrown and landed hard...liked how you went out of the previous punch and threw in a supplementary punch straight after, nice touch that makes the difference...lmaoooo @ the next one, thats one of the few 'reference' punches I seen where the reference made into the joke, haha...nice diss on the filler too...Closer was decent reference punch again, solid hit...could have been a bit stronger to exit, but didn't flop either....

Was a strong verse as you'd expect from the champ...you rarely miss with a punch even where you aren't throwing the best line, and you have some great comedic and personal attacks in here...as well as some strong disses against Ikon as well...liked how you opened with a crew punch as well in this kind of battle...verse could maybe have done with one more crew diss, but I also like you didn't try and do a Dynasty or Ikon nameplay...it was a strong verse with all the component's I look for in a battle verse, with some nice extra touches that can make the difference when it's a close battle...

Ikon - Writing style developed somewhat in terms of the flowage from the old days...the flow was cold on the opening line, and I loved the "slash Fake Wayne" bit, Nas-esque style to it...but I kinda missed the "pain hits" part, I guessing thats something to do with Weezy so I didn't take marks off you for it...but maybe went by me a bit was I wasn't like "dope punch"...oh well...next two lines were nice disses...I think you could have been a bit more tenacious with it, but its solid dissing...next two, I thought the wordplay was sick but your setup stretched it slightly...I think you were probably struggling to balance the "how do I make it a diss" with the "how do I make the fuels concept work"...made me think "sick wordplay" rather than "sick punchline"...but still very solid punch, yet to see a heavy hitter though....next two, I didn't understand why you said "kon is soft woods"...i searched and couldn't find a soft wood called 'kon'...and surely you saying "kon is soft woods" is saying you are a soft version of Woods? I.e. a diss to yourself Confused...it still works (wierdly) as a punchline because the part you tagged on the end, but I thought it was odd phrasing...next line, nice personal diss...+ relevance points...next line was sick, dope nameplay and a nice crew diss to boot, rhyme thrown off a smidgeon...but I think maybe you misstyped your filler rhyme or something, coz "supposed him gangsta more" is just sloppy language....so its minor...next two lines was a good personal diss...maybe lost a bit of the edge coz nobody was really saying it was his best...but I thought it was a nice punch....lol @ the next lines, that was a really funny line and clever....again, I liked the fact you dissed on the crew, since it is a crew battle...closer was nice, sick metaphor and nameflip combo...

Overall, I liked some of the wording in your verse...the succinct nature of some of your phrasing was a nice touch...I think you had some good punches and some good disses...conceptually you very extremely strong, a lot of your best wordplays were to of a very high standard...but you maybe lost a little directness because of that...not enough that it made your punchlines flop, but maybe inhibiting the punchline a little to be more 'flashy' with the wordplay....strike the right balance [/phonecall] and it could be sickness personified...

It's a tough battle to vote, because you both [/phonecall] know what you are doing and did it...maybe not as amazingly as you could have done to a high level...I liked that Ikon had a few more punches referencing the crew battle element, and these were also his best punches...the most direct...I liked Woods' style of dissing a lot though, his style isn't as subtle as Ikon's but it is more direct..[/another phonecall]

Hmmmmm...I think both could have done a bit better, but I think I'ma go with Woods because I thought he landed his punches more effectively on the whole, Ikon probably wrote a better verse as a whole and I did like his approach to an extent, some outrageous concepts but didn't land hard enough...he'd get away with it against most people but Woods throws strong punches

Vote = Woods
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 7:56am
hidden all non votes an verses.

*joke removed, cose woodsy cried*

Edited by Scotty32 - 07 February 2009 at 2:50pm
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 9:48am
My second two posts don't need to be there...you should have left Woods' first post in there because it was explaining punches, didn't give any opinion behind it...
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 2:52pm
Could we keep the battle clean? (no need to duplicate shit)
-XTC- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 19-11-4
Form: LLLLLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 2:51pm

this was a dope battle first off

wood - opener was flat out sick.. that shit was fuckin nice bro.. props.. 2nd bar was pretty dope too.. concept was nice.. and the punch delivered well.. wasn't feeling the 3rd bar.. and that throws off the vibe I'm getting from the verse because it started out so raw.. 4th bar wasn't feel so much either.. don't get me wrong.. nice concepts.. good delivery.. just nothing to my liking.. 5th bar was pretty sick.. it picked up a bit.. 6th bar was fire.. if you would've used that as your closer it would've been a killer.. 7th bar was ok.. Closer was wack..

Ikon - Opener was pretty sick.. liked how you used that against him.. 2nd bar was pretty dope.. loved the personal.. 3rd bar was nice.. the play was different and didn't come off as played.. 4th bar was nice.. another good play.. hit decently.. 5th bar was absolute fire.. and even though the comment after it is not part of the verse.. it was still funny.. lmfao.. loved it though.. 6th bar was ok.. wasn't much of a haymaker.. but a decent jab.. 7th bar.. very nice.. very personal.. Closer.. LMFAO!! very nice.. and very clever..

Overall - both of you delivered fire verses.. this was seriously a sick battle and a tough one to decide on.. woods your lines are a little too long for my liking.. if you shorten them and kept those same concepts and delivered like you did.. I think you woulda took it.. but Ikon had a better flow and just more personal hits..

Vote: Ikon
Slick back in this shit.. time to put a hold on commotion
"See-sick'ness" in the mix cause I flow like the ocean..

..Slick..
mcwoods View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Stats: 42-51-0
Form: LLLLWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 11:44am
uppin'..
Charlie_B View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 12:14am
Nice battle, both of you had some awesome lines in there. Probably my favourite battle from this whole shit. Wow.

Alright.

McWoods, good shit...flow was consistent...simple...I liked the fact you didn't get TOO complex and you just went straight with the punches. You had some fillers, like the 'good' line...I thought was corny as fuck. In fact it's a take from an actual Lil Wayne line too. But I won't tell anyone you copied that concept from your idol...don't worry. The first half of your verse was shit, but the second half was great. The 'changing in skill' line I thought was the best line...I mean that was just dirty. The last line could've been better. I mean it was an alright line but I think that's more something you should use in the middle of your verse just to keep it different.

Ikon

Pretty good verse, a lot of those lines are gonna fly over peoples heads. I think that was a strength...AND a weakness. You tried to get TOO complex with those lines and you forgot that this was a battle...and you should be ATTACKING your opponent. I mean don't get me wrong, some of the wordplay was nice, but I don't think it worked as punches. I think they didn't land where they should've. As impressive as the verse was overall...you have to keep reminding yourself that your main objective is to belittle your opponent...and you barely did that.

As far as flow and personals and multis...you guys both performed evenly. But I think as far as punches goes...McWoods took this.

Vote: McWoods.

But I think both of you are talented as far as text-battlers go.
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 6:39am
This was sick as hell, could feel some proper tension like you really wanted it bad, was refreshing cos it came across as not just a battle so it made you follow it closer.

Woods, your verse was really tight, everyone knows what you can do obviously.
The "first spot" was a real low blow haha Loved it.
And another point, the mirror line was crazy, i read it the first time and it was worded so well that it kind of seemlessly went by. Then i went back to read it again, and i was like "Damn.." Sick stuff.

Ikon, you're obviously a big gun on here, so equally not surprised by how good your verse was.
Thought the opening was hard hitting, sure that Woods is used to it by now, but it always hurts when you get ripped through your favourite artist.
You did brilliantly to spin half the stuff that Woods chucked at you, the "wood" lines, i don't know if they have been used before, but they didn't seem played, and came across as original disses.
Just my personal opinion, but i thought the finish was a bit wierd Confused
I know the relevance of "woody" but after all these hard hitting personals and that, it just seemed a bit numbing to end with a Toy Story play. If you know what i mean, just felt like after all your good work it just came out of nowhere, and didn't sound as mature as the rest of the verse.    

In conclusion, i think what kind of won it for me in a really tight battle, was just the looseness of Woods'  verse. He almost sounded like he was playing with you and your crew, even his personals didn't sound angry, just kind of cocky, which comes across in an ego competition which is what a crew battle is surrounded by.
While there was some humour in Ikon's verse, you sounded more up tight, which in a way is understandable when you're going second and defending yourself against a ripping, but Woods came out of the battle still looking in control.

Tight stuff lads.

Vote= Woods 
I-kontinue View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

The Sovereign

Crew: The Dynasty

Text Rank: #3
Stats: 46-9-0
Form: WWWWWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 11:02am
Good looks on takin' time out and votin' in all these battles... It's very well appreciated... Cuba, XTC, Kiki, and CB all deserve props for comin' through...

CB, as far as complexity, I agree my lines are... They're complex, but they're not stretched concepts, so they are also simple in a a genius way... I've read the verses multiple times, and feel some of woods lines were very easy to do... Still feel I showed more skill in the battle after reading the verses bar for bar... again.

Also, it seemed my hits got regarded as indirect because wordplay was added to those personal hits... None of my wordplay was generic when looked further though... Felt people just ticked it off as a "wordplay punch" while there was also direct personals in them... A whole different caliber from generic wordplay...

Now, if you mean direct as in just focusing on woods... That would actually have been easier... I did that against Orion in a past crew battle and lost because of it... It was a "crew battle" and I didn't diss the crew enough... That was the main downfall of my verse... so they say.

Now the tables have completely turned, which is understandable seeing as the voting is different now from how it was in that battle, and woods wins because he only focuses on me...

Woods betta watch out if this crew battle ends up 3-3 though... I'm jus' sayin'... Ha... Regardless, props on the win here...
U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-15-0
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 1:44pm
Woods- Good opener, can see you were itching to drop first so you could use that lol...2nd bar was hot IMO...I thought the play and the relevance to him remixing Nas' songs made it much stronger...It could be a bit of a reach with the play but i liked it(seeing Nas/ seeing rejection)...Anyway, Resolution bar was coolio, simple and to the point...Bang good was cool also, not oh shit, but pretty solid because of how it all fits, not just some random wordplay...average to dope was really really tight, definitely your hardest bar...Next bar was very good too probably your 2nd best bar, lol @ the ouch in parenthesis...lmao @ your 7th bar, beautiful...Closer was arlight, a bit dissapointed with it as you seemed to rush it and just state it and reference it rather than work it into something much more slick...Oh well, still a tight verse, definitely can see this battle is the highlight of this crew battle...Overall, this was i think the first time you didn't use an Ikon nameplay and i think that made your verse much more direct and harder, some hard hits and some funny hits as you always like to mix in shots whether it's in the setup or actual punch...

Kon- Opener was hot as hell man...2nd bar was nice, maybe could've done a bit more with it, but it was solid nonetheless...Fuels was pretty hot, i thought the wording was pretty solid too, personal also so the fact that few L's/fuels is a little played it doesn't really matter since it connects with a strong personal of past victories over woody...Conifers bar had potential to be sick but i think the wording kind of messed it up..."kon is soft woods" mmm, doesn't seem right, definitely have to read that bar over to make sure your reading it right cause it seems like your saying your soft but the next part clears it up a bit, think that bar could've been deadly if worded to read more fluently like the rest of your verse...Chopstick was nasty...Koopa bar would've been hotter if the feed on that drop said it was one of his best but rather it says it was alright, but funny..So that hurt it a lot but it would've been killer if people told him it was his hottest drop in a while, etc....No point bar was hot, tight crew diss...Closer was, uhhh, hot if it hasn't been done before which i don't think it has cause you took a different approach to it, so yeah, it was a strong way to finish...Overall, I felt you had a nice balance of wood and crew shots and i liked the personal wordplay, some were really tight...Nice flow, smoothed wording(except for "gangsta more" lol, twas a nice setup tho anyway with the Godfatha T)...Tight verse and a hot battle...

This is easily the toughtest battle to vote on, the spotlight battle so to say...Woods had a tight verse...His standouts were the Mirror Nas, Average to Dope, destroyed you in a finals, and Bend over Bitch...Opener, Bang good, Resolutions were nice, but not oh shit...Closer could've been better and was probably the one bar i didn't like as a whole and thought you could've done a lot more with it...For Ikon, his standouts were Chopsticks, No Point, Opener, and Fuels...Closer and Serious bars were nice, not oh shit and here's where i think Woods edges it by a half a hair lol...I thought koopa and Conifers bars weren't as effective and could've been reworked..If conifers was worded to read more smoothly then i think Kon could've taken this battle cause that bar would've been bonkers...Intstead i think the difference came to the fact i felt Woods had one bar he need to rework/do away with/whatever/etc while i thought kon had two...Both had equal amounts of standout and nice bars so it was extremelly closer and a very tight battle, sorry for the long rant...I came here to vote for Kon after reading it a couple times days ago and i ended up changing my mind mid-vote for some reason, tight stuff guys...Can see this going both ways

V/Woods
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:13pm
3-1 to woods.

Xfade Wins this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic