Open Mic: Meant to post this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snowmanIAm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snowmanIAm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meant to post this
    Posted: 16 January 2017 at 10:01am
Mix the red with the black and add some white
Set it to the side turn up the music and drink some sprite
Bout to take you back far in the day
But before anything happens your gonna pay
We all making money up in this bitch but me I'm making top dollar. Homie I'm making too dollar. You making 10 20 an hour shiittt I make hunnid grand a minute. Fuck wit me you bout to fuck with the whole squad.
I got the sickest rhymes and bet you bout to pay a dime
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 11:39am
No, no, no..... Wasn't feeling this at all homie..... This was way too simplistic..... You need to be more creative..... Your flow was okay, but try using some multies to increase your flow...... Try using wordplay or metaphors to add to the creativity of your lines....... Add more description to each bar, work on a better set up then deliver the bar...... This is just way too simple for me..... keep writing and try to add more to it, be creative, add vocabulary, use multies...... Just do more then this homie...... keep trying and you'll elevate though, keep at it.......
Topical Twist League= 1-0
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by snowmanIAm snowmanIAm wrote:

shiittt I make hunnid grand a minute.

There are 1440 minutes in a day, so according to my calculations you make 144,000,000 a day. If you maintained that level of income for a week you'd make 1,008,000,000 in that time. This means that your yearly salary (provided the income remains the same) is 52,416,000,000. That is a lot of money so the main advice I could give is

On a more serious note you should head to the tutorials. Flow was off, bar length and structure were off, rhymes were simple and there was no wit or creativity in this (which is to be expected in a self hype drop). Add some flavour like funny punches or weird comparisons, and make it longer.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 6:47pm
"There are 1440 minutes in a day, so according to my calculations you make 144,000,000 a day."

Lol!! This started out well until u started to go into the conventional rap trope and went downhill from there. Perhaps it might sound OK on wax but as a written piece where variety of the techniques are preferred this was underwhelming. Keep writing as there are many cats from LA who started like you and quickly jumped to legit wordsmiths.

daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by snowmanIAm snowmanIAm wrote:

Mix the red with the black and add some white

you wind up with a lighter red. you essentially wind up with the same red if you didnt add black and white to the red. The black and white would cancel each-other out.

Here is the illustration

BEFORE YOU MIX BLACK AND WHITE

AFTER YOU MIX BLACK AND WHITE

Hope this helps. I think if you changed that line to

"Ill cancel you out like adding black and white to red" would have worked better
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:20pm
Well to be truthful I thought it had some merit,but I can only echoe what already been
stated,and Sammy typed some truths about where some ppl here started from,what
you need to do to start with is think of what it is you want to say or convey,lay out key
words then write around them a rhyme,you need to give a piece a clear direction,the
complex stuff can be found in the elevation centre,other than that keep writing..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
snowmanIAm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snowmanIAm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:29pm
Thank you all for the tips!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic