Author
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MGK Body Bags Marshall.
    Posted: 03 September 2018 at 6:24pm

just saying.
#Bananas
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 6:25pm
Awww yisssss.... come get this work Marshall.
#Bananas

iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 6:28pm
Big facts. I’m shocked it went this hard
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 6:35pm
thought the auto tune was corny, but there was some pretty hard haymakers in there. props for someone actually clapping back

im pretty sure em was hoping someone would respond. i expect to see a funeral held for mgk soon 
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 6:40pm
^ You cant possibly say you like Em. He used a clown/jugular/circus scheme brooooooo

6 years ago he said "I hear the sounds of toilets flushing, some shit is going down"!!!!
#Bananas

Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 7:27pm
A back and forth between em and mgk would be insane
We know so much about em that all the personals hit hard

But then again em could shed some light on some shady shit from mgk we don’t know about

This was hard as fuck, I know that, I wonder how long it will take em to respond, if he even does
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Pompus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-0-0
Form: W
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 8:13pm
That's what constitutes a "body bag" these days? God, this game has really gotten weak

He gets props for standing up for his, but the hits aside from a couple good ones fell short. It lacked creativity, bars weren't cleverly worded, deep, or new. It was the same stuff that's been said, just reworded.

If someone had posted that verse here in LA they would get slaughtered, I'm sure most here would agree with that
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 8:24pm
shit was dope. His freestyle on Flex i thought was nice to.
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Pompus Pompus wrote:

That's what constitutes a "body bag" these days? God, this game has really gotten weak

He gets props for standing up for his, but the hits aside from a couple good ones fell short. It lacked creativity, bars weren't cleverly worded, deep, or new. It was the same stuff that's been said, just reworded.

If someone had posted that verse here in LA they would get slaughtered, I'm sure most here would agree with that

I disagree, ive seen far less shit get called "dope" - "here in LA" as you called it.

in my humble subjective opinion, I dont recall anyone using these angles? Pace said he stole the outsidaz whole steez and never said thank you. Evidence questioned how he claims Detroit when hes from hes from Warren via Baltimore. Everlast said he sounds like a hoe (probably the closest) and that eminem stands for Marilyn Monroe. Canibus said hes too full of himself and vastly overrated. Benzino said hes a racist culture vulture. Young Zee echo'd what Pace said..but thats to be expected. I dont think Fred "Bars on Deck" Durst ever replied? Ja Rule said "your mom is a crackhead and kim is a known slut.."

none of these cats ever questioned his credibility in the least. none of them brought his jealousy to the forefront. I dont even ever recall them rapping about that jumpsuit swag?

id call it a bodybag, plus I know the homie Shawn in a trailer park in Hamilton, Ohio proud as fuck right now and that gives this song bonus points.
#Bananas
Pompus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 9:07pm
Those are all really good points, granted those rappers at that time didn't have the same batch of things to pull from (Em's age, fading career, etc etc) but count in the journalist and media. They say it all the time. The "oh everybody hates me" angle was used by em himself through the paul skit as well as age references in the beef with benzino, (which em did better than MGK just did) the shots using Hailey and Kim, have been done, the topics may still be fair game I guess, I just hope to hear a new take on it. I respect where you're coming from, and I do like both rappers, but to the other side of topic, personally I can't see it as a body bag, the entire ending side of Em's verse in that track was to MGK, it wasn't just those few lines, and, for me at least, there was a higher degree of skill in it. I guess to each his own though, not hating, I just feel like there's a double standard sometimes when it comes to certain people, I like it called objectively.
Cheers
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 9:17pm
respect my guy, that was mad civil.

but Em admitted his jealousy as well, before he did those joints with lil wayne, he said he had mad bars for every rapper out including kanye cause he was jealous of them shining. this is just a co-sign to that side of almost everyones favorite rapper.
#Bananas
Rude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-2-0
Form: LWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 9:22pm

I gotta agree w/ Neek and say most of these angles haven't been used

Also aside from that, Em's most notable disses were straight foward personals, there was no creativity or cleverly written bars with them either.
They were just hard hitting facts like this one : 

"If you were really selling coke, then...
what the fuck you stop for dummy? If you slew some crack,
you''d make a lot more money than you do from rap."

the Ja's disses were basically just about him being a pill popping addict, 
Fred Durst/Limp Bizkit disses were basically just saying they were bitches for not having his back against Everlast.
Everlast disses were just about him being broke and white and country.
Benzino disses were about him being old and chasing fame.
Canibus disses were about him being a fan who felt dissed.
JD disses were about him being short...

I mean they were dope at the time they dropped and were relevent to the artist he was dissing....
but none of them or anyone else for that matter has matched the caliber of what MGK did with this track.

He called Em out for being a hypocrite, and for trying to shut him down financially for commenting on one of Haylie's pictures on social media
then set Em up to take another L if he has his verse removed from a Yelawolf song... I mean I think the only other person who could come at 
Em with this much personal damage is Royce (and while Royce absoultely destroyed D12, he never really went at Em full force directly) 

I'm not sure if I'm ready to call this a bodybag, but it's definitely worth responding to and should Em
try to pretend like it's not worthy, then it becomes a bodybag.

At this point all I can say is - we got a battle.

EDIT : I took too long to respond to this convo lol
Quote He gets props for standing up for his, but the hits aside from a couple good ones fell short. It lacked creativity, bars weren't cleverly worded, deep, or new. It was the same stuff that's been said, just reworded.

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 9:26pm
Rude been the voice of reason for so long I forgot what it used to sound like.
#Bananas
Pompus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 9:28pm
Totally agree with that there,
If he doesn't respond, then yes
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 9:44pm
Ahh shit mgk dropped a video to #savage
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 10:09pm
Hard body.
Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 10:18pm
Explain how it as a body bag. I give him props but it’s nowhere near a body bag
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 10:46pm
he's cool. but he's no illmac

Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2018 at 12:07am
Clips 3-0
#bananas
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2018 at 12:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic