Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hawksdevil75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-15-1
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hawksdevil75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Some Advice
    Posted: 26 May 2016 at 2:30am
Alright, before i left for a bit, when battling i used to be criticized about not using research in my verses along with stayin away from self hyping. Now it seems this is allowed in most battles so far. Maybe its just me but i guess im going to ask for advice. I feel like i have the right idea but am not excelling at getting the point out. Could anybody let me know where i am going wrong. Use this verse as an example. It was my first tag battle and i would like to know how to improve the drop. Thanks in advance.

They are no big guns, watch us bring down their 'reign'(rain) like its bad weather
sleeping on me and axy just results into these kickbacks not getting together

We got the one shot we needed but we brought enough rounds to take out an Empire
Got arthur lined up in the sights, but this point aint no blank we brought the live fire

You gonna eat a whole clip, open your mouth and let the rocker unload in your face
Let the D/A , just state that you fucked with some white cops and they’ll throw out the case

And Trizzy, your pic looks like a black gomer pile from full metal jacket
With a full of shit G-look and face that says I just took a nasty ass laxative

Tre rarey battled any vet, he's tryna hide under the high win percentile
And we only see arthur on field to clean it, this guy is practically phenyl

Yeah that was a little cold but fuck its on track so its public information
Let my boy axe start choppin this ass tre without an authurs illustration
hawksdevil75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 6-15-1
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hawksdevil75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 2:35am
for the record, my expos never went in for some reason. Authur lost to point in last bloodlines, i know tre's pic is jada but i really didnt have any info to go off of him or any time to really research but wasnt going to NS.
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 10:58am
First off it was 'Arthur' and not 'Authur' bro.. , stay in touch so we can teamup later on sometime again
You might wanna start by working on the wordplays 

Ps : You still up for our  battle?
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 1:28pm
I'll feed this after work hawk
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by hawksdevil75 hawksdevil75 wrote:

Alright, before i left for a bit, when battling i used to be criticized about not using research in my verses along with stayin away from self hyping. Now it seems this is allowed in most battles so far. Maybe its just me but i guess im going to ask for advice. I feel like i have the right idea but am not excelling at getting the point out. Could anybody let me know where i am going wrong. Use this verse as an example. It was my first tag battle and i would like to know how to improve the drop. Thanks in advance.

They are no big guns(okay) watch us bring down their 'reign'(rain) like its bad weather (okay so its gonna be a weather punch)
sleeping on me and axy just results into these kickbacks(these kickbacks?) not getting together(whats getting together got to do with anything?hows it an insult?)

We got the one shot we needed but we brought enough rounds to take out an Empire(okay tell us how/why)
Got arthur lined up in the sights (okay what now), but this point aint no blank we brought the live fire(its not a point its supposed to be an example, you just told us you fit the most basic requirements of having rounds, not relly saying much) 

You gonna eat a whole clip, open your mouth and let the rocker unload in your face ( gun bar okay, how you gonna do it?
Let the D/A , just state that you fucked with some white cops and they’ll throw out the case (but they didnt though did they)

And Trizzy, your pic looks like a black gomer pile from full metal jacket (thats jadakiss)
With a full of shit G-look and face that says I just took a nasty ass laxative (triz aint jadakiss)

Tre rarey (kim jong) battled any vet, he's tryna hide under the high win percentile (how so? why? tell us about it)
And we only see arthur (what about trizz) on field to clean it, this guy is practically phenyl( its an okay jab but its obscure, link your set up to you second line to build it up, but an okay jb at the end)

Yeah that was a little cold but fuck its on track so its public information (everything on heres public)
Let my boy axe start choppin this ass tre( tre is not pronounced tree)without an authors (arthur is not pronounced author) illustration (the two wrong nameplays is why this doesnt work)

The question marks arent just what i'm asking myself when reading its what you should be asking your self. Alot of the time a bar is like a story, be cohesive and the idea it is building up to something.
#bananas
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 3:45pm
As I've said in my vote. Throughout the battle you guys certainly had good angles. It was just the execution which made the angles not pop off that much. Regarding Tre, you can actually find some decent SHIT about him due to past battles. Just a matter of looking!
#Bananas

Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Droidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:36pm
take your first line...your saying that your opponents aren't high calibre, so you're going to end them. you then add that if they sleep on you it'll result in something bad for them. ..but here i didn't quite get what you meant. ..are we talking about the low calibre guns from earlier? so keep in mind this is supposed to be the punch that you have building toward. any confusion leads to it not landing or landing weakly.

in these cases, when i edit i ask myself whether my point is clear.   i then try to rework it until i arrive at something i like. i also like to make sure that my setup and punch work together.   now some people like to punch with each line. .but there has to be links or conceptual tie ins in the progression.

Young D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-2-0
Form: LLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Young D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:39pm
my advice....spit it to a beat
Young D
Grimeeeeeeey

Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Droidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:42pm
i think he's asking about how to improve his clarity or even his angles...idk how going over a beat helps concept or meaning...thoughts?

Young D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Young D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:46pm
to me, spitting to a beat always gives the lyrics shape....
Young D
Grimeeeeeeey

Sky Scrapur View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sky Scrapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Young D Young D wrote:

to me, spitting to a beat always gives the lyrics shape....

That's true dude. The beat demands flow...
Young D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Young D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 9:15pm
spitting to a beat is the greatest practice anyone can do,,,,
Young D
Grimeeeeeeey

Sky Scrapur View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sky Scrapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 9:21pm
Droid answered you in detail @Hawk. Just meditate on what he said.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Young D Young D wrote:

spitting to a beat is the greatest practice anyone can do,,,,

It's of no help text battling though.
#bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic