Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Features - July 2014
    Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:34pm

So I've updated LA to release a bunch of new features, some highly requested others not so much.

LA Notepad
A highly requested feature now live. Notepad will allow you to keep notes or work on verses for battles and open mics. It supports the forum BBCodes and features a preview page, so verses can be copy and pasted straight into your post with no fuss.
Warning: The Notepad will feature a timeout limit so old and unused Notepads will be deleted after a certain period from the last time it was edited. This period has not been decided yet but will most likely fall between 3-6 months.

Social Media
You can now link your social media accounts with Lyrical Assault, allowing for quick logging in and sharing your LA activity. You have the option of proudly displaying it on your profile or hidden from view, as well as choosing whether you wish to share activity on this social networks. Currently the only two social networks supported are Twitter and SoundCloud, with more coming soon. You can connect profiles from your Account Settings by clicking your Username in the top right corner.

Right now, the sharing of activity and displaying on profiles has not been implimented but will be very soon. If SoundCloud is displayed on your profile it will in the future show a list of your recent songs.

LA Radio
It has returned, you can now listen to LA Radio again by clicking the link in the navigation bar. It will showcase the best songs from Audio Mic. More channels are planned for the future. If you want your song featured then get in touch with SwordedStylez.

Battle Stats
You can now change which battle type is displayed on your mini-profile next to your posts. You can choose between Auto, Text and Audio. Auto will pick the best stats to display, where as the other two options force it to display the respective stats.

Hall of Fame
Belts and Titles will also display under your username of forum posts. Improvements to this are planned for the future.

Active Users
I've redesigned the active users page to offer a clearer picture. It splits members and guests (+ Robots) into two lists, as well as doing away with the multi-column approach. Feedback on this would be very welcome!

Chatroom
Since there contuinng problems with the Chatroom I have decided to offer the option of TinyChat and Dialagoo (the last one used). If you are using the "Im in the chatroom" thread then state which of the two chatrooms you are in for others.

And More
There are probably more features and fixes around the site I've forgotten about. Let me know if you spot any! There are a lot more plans in the work to look forward too, more on those soon.

If you spot any problems or shits plain broke, then hit up the Suggestions, Comments & Problems forum with a descriptive title and an attempt at a full explanation of the problem and I'll fix it ASAP.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:38pm
You've been putting in some mad work. All of these improvements are awesome. 
The active user lists looks the same for me, however. 

Also, idk if it's new but I just noticed all the social media pages that are linked at the bottom. 
Go my Minions!

Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:39pm
Good shit Scoot. Well done.

I think there's a lot we could do with the LA radio.

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:41pm
The old page under /forum/ is still there so you'll have to click the link from the nav bar to get to the new /members/ page.

I wanted to get some feedback before I completely killed the old page. Once I know the new ones good I'll add a redirect to kill the old one.

There was always Social links in the footer, but yeah I've added more to the list.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
nigerchu View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 3-6-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nigerchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:43pm
The Radio is an awesome idea. You've been workin madly in this forum. 

Good job, Scotty.
HUNGER GAMES
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:44pm
okay, for me the active user list's set up is badass how it has them separated but I liked the column look better. 
Go my Minions!

Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:46pm
Props Scotty, improvements like these are only going to move the site forwards
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:46pm
You sound inspired somehow Scott? it's refreshing to see
All this work sounds cool, much appreciated
Looking forward to trying the radio

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 9:51pm
Radio is dope as well btw. It will definitely motivate me to make some tracks now to get on there. 
Go my Minions!

H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Stats: 4-6-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 10:00pm
really cool shit scot. 
L.A radio is really cool, and the note pad to. Good work man.
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 10:16pm
props. Nice work scotty.
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 10:59pm
Really dope new features. Only thing I'd request is a shuffle function for LA radio, making it able to be reandomized will make it even cooler haha, great work man.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 12:40am
great work everyone involved
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 9:43am
No, mods cannot read your Notepad, and to be honest I doubt I would either.
XLNC View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 4-2-3
Form: WWLWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote XLNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 2:07pm
Mad props scott nice work done by u...will u be adding audio of the month too...
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 3:04pm
Great job Scotty and mods for cleaning up the joint. New features look sick. La radio is huge I think the audio section will pick up more, hopefully. Keep it up
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
LEEDSCITY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LEEDSCITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 6:11pm
a good site anyone up for a text battle test me 

Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shankley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 6:37pm
^^^ Wrong Place Bro

Cool shit Scoot, nice additions especially he Active members thing makes it much easier to see what people are doing and the Radio is also a nice addition showcases the best of L.A
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
Dougysnuggy View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-11-5
Form: NWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 9:41pm
cool, now add more skins.
Ransom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ransom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 10:27pm
Sounds good scotty, big ups to you and all your efforts
~Lyrical Death Dealer~
"The Mike Myers of Papyrus"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic