Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Topic: MC of the Month - October 05
    Posted: 02 November 2005 at 9:15pm

Well last month was a lost month... The poll wasn't even done right and only three votes were cast and they were all for three different people... so that month is void... This month shit's been poppin' off, Suspects new kids on the block, then ELITE's turn, all the while the whole Renegade happened, the Dynasty broke up... Text title changed hands, open mic been a lil less active but the fields have been poppin' so yeah... good shit

PREVIOUS WINNERS

April 04: -Orion-
May 04: Abstrakt
June 04: King Jehu
July 04: Señor Perfecto
August 04: IceC/King Jehu
September 04: Frank White/20theTruth
October 04: -Orion-
November 04: Stalin
December 04: Game

January 05: Bolo
February 05: 2smooth
March 05: -Orion-/Cuttin P
April 05: King Jehu
May 05: King Jehu
June 05: Nepenthes
July 05: Point Blank
August 05: Quick Witted
September 05: IceC

RULES

"Best MC" doesn't mean the best overall. These are people MCs OF THE MONTH remember, and their inclusion could be for improvement, consistency, a winning streak, tournament win, activity, winning hard battles, etc.

• Any votes not backed up with an explanation post in the thread will not count in the final result of the poll
  • You can't vote for yourself
  • No bitching, if so you just ruin your chances at gettin' included

Peace.

Edited by -Orion-
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 9:23pm

I'ma vote Point... battled a lot and did drop some nice shit but to me wasn't really challenging himself besides battling me... And while it was good to see him drop some high quality stuff just to continue elevatin' where perhaps others woulda done bare minimum (vs MC Mackie) he didn't do that enough, and even when battling me I'ma be honest, I kinda expected better... but even so that's the only way I can vote in my eyes as he did put out so much more than everyone else and it's not like any of it was "bad" either, just "not great"... Nep's been doing his thing on the battle scene and dropped that one hot Open Mic, Jehu's had some Open Mics... No one else is an eligible contender - out of the choices I have to vote from it has to be Point

PB it is

Edited by -Orion-
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 11:12am
I said this a week and a half ago when you dropped for 3 battles in one day and had all them open mics at the begining of the month. This was your month, fucka... But like I said.. you're not gonna win.
Insert something rappy here
BRIGGZY View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 9-2-0
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 11:16am

i think i shudda been atleast a nominee with the tourny lol..

but my vote is PB...Hes battled alot lately n made his self a known name on the board

props

..Gingerfication Album - coming 2011..
www.facebook.com/briggzyuk
Senor Perfecto View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
1st Battle Winner! AM I 'ECK

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Text Rank: #6
Stats: 66-36-2
Form: WLWLWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 6:09pm

¡Hola...!

Even prior to consideration of any award... one notable Member has stood out amidst the recent drama of LA...  Having shown signs of consistent elevation through open mics and battles... he deserves the respect of LA and epitomises why we are here...

Vote: Boint Plank...

Adios...

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 6:33pm
I'm inclined to agree...Orion has had a good month in terms of activity but he seems to have lacked that usual fire in some of his verses, brought a shit load to the table at the start of the month but that was written prior to his return anyway...where Point Blank has been everything the rules state:

RULES

"Best MC" doesn't mean the best overall. These are people MCs OF THE MONTH remember, and their inclusion could be for improvement, consistency, a winning streak, tournament win, activity, winning hard battles, etc.

Orion probably was the best overall, but Point has dropped that inconsistancy from his verses and showed real signs of becomin the best on the site...Has a winning streak to rival the best on here (Full of W's, u cant get better than that)

Plus he probably has voted more battles than Orion as well, as well as encouraging activity thru a new weekly collab...

Vote - Point Blank for being the best overall emcee this month, period

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 8:02pm
Told you...
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 8:09pm
Well if the people who thought Orion deserved to win this month dont vote then its inevitable that he will lose

And Orion could always use Ghost to kick things off  J/P!!
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 10:02pm

First off: last month's poll is invalid 'cuz it was run by an invalid. He didn't put the right amount of choices even if he did put "other", it attracted three votes, all for three different people...

As usual dickface failed to make it clear if he was being serious or not in his vote, so if he wasn't then fine, you and him could share it, but if he was then a tie between three ain't happening, hell a tie between two shouldn't even happen but it did on a few months where there was controversy over votes or I was just too busy to monitor them - 'cuz in all situations if it's tied I look to get people to vote so we can have a winner...

Either way I'm not gonna let him disclose (or acknowledge any disclosure he chooses to make) the validity of his vote last month as that's just once again conceding and letting him clown around and take no one seriously then get away with it... Yet bitch and moan when he gets disrespected and then start to say "I take this seriously enough to..." and such other hypocritical pseudo-intellectual cryptic meaningless and straight false bullshit... I don't have time for it... Never have, never will... Senor you got a problem you can either grip those little balls and try and flip me in the "Y'all Is Fucked Up..." thread after I killed you and all the bullshit you spout in your verses, or you can call me out, option number three is to shut the fuck up... Other people might buy your shit but that's 'cuz they're stupid... I called you out on all the shit you talk in a PM and you were too fuckin' gutless to respond to it... a Private Message... on a website... and you couldn't respond to it... or maybe you plan to, you're still doing research for colourful links to put in... whatever. Fuck you

Originally posted by King Jehu King Jehu wrote:

Told you...

Thass why I shouldn't have even said what I did...just drew more attention to it, mistake on my part...edited out now

And I shall not address any of the comments made which were to or about me in this thread, 'cuz it would be futile and there's no means to an end for reasons which shall main undisclosed to spare drama

Continue votin'

peace

They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 4:56am
I think it was pretty obvious "dickface" wasnt bein serious, u gotta explain the vote anyway and "being TeC" isnt a valid reason

And he did put "Other" on the poll, which is actually something that you have failed to do this month unless my eyes deceive me, does that make this month invalid too? And too be fair, there has been 3 ties before, it doesnt matter whether or not the poll was active, if there is a tie there is a tie, so what...you cant just not pick a winner because the poll was wack, plus thats not in the rules, maybe you should consider puttin in a "poll invalid if less than 5votes cast in total" or something, i duno...but u shudnt base it on somethin that doesnt seem right...its like me throwin votes I dont agree with that r explained because I dont agree with who they voted for, but fuck it, i cud jus edit your post and put mine and Senor's names down but I cant be bothered, jus seems a pointless thing to diss Demonic on when its not his fault someone voted...I really dont get how his poll was much different from yours apart from he didnt have that many names on and he didnt do his quick little synopsis at the start of the post (not that i think anyone pays attention to that anyway)

vote = orion
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 5:12am
i'll edit it then IceC 

no need to have ago at me cose i dont understand rap as much as you orion,
but i fail to see how last month was invalid... you wasnt here, demonic was kind enuf to do it for me, he did his best - did he fail to put the minimum number of renegades in it? is that way it was invalid?

you started this when you was a mod, but continued after steppin down
am greatful for that, but you cant go runnin it biasly, try and be more fair, and if your not around, i'll found someone else to continue it, and if its not up to your standards, tuff, it still stands (unless i get XX to do it an he balls it up )

if you'd like to give me a nice simple answer to why last month was invalid, then i'll be waiting on MSN for ya answer

anyway, can we go back to the votes?
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 9:24am

Originally posted by IceC IceC wrote:

I think it was pretty obvious "dickface" wasnt bein serious, u gotta explain the vote anyway and "being TeC" isnt a valid reason

You don't really need to explain anything, I mean sure it'd be nice, and if your explanation is clearly "incorrect" reasoning to what the poll's about, then fine, but to me that post was Senor just being Senor, and there's no way of telling whether he's being serious or not, and I'm not gonna give him no benefit of doubt now to clarify what he meant just because we "need to know"... I'm tired of him screwin' people around, I could give a fuck if it's anyone else but if he's doin' it in somethin' I'm involved in then I'm not puttin' up with it

And he did put "Other" on the poll, which is actually something that you have failed to do this month unless my eyes deceive me, does that make this month invalid too?

If you'll notice "Other" is actually only put as a last-ditch thing if there aren't enough options to fill out 10... Usually the choices are made from the nominations... Call it a convention, and like it or not, conventions are practical

And too be fair, there has been 3 ties before, it doesnt matter whether or not the poll was active, if there is a tie there is a tie, so what...you cant just not pick a winner because the poll was wack, plus thats not in the rules, maybe you should consider puttin in a "poll invalid if less than 5votes cast in total" or something, i duno...

Yeah, ties before, they were accidental, you need to read posts I make before replying to them, as I already said that... So I'm tryna avoid repeatin' accidents... That's a logical thing to do, right?

You're right, I do need to amend it, and I will next month, I'm gonna make sure I have a shit month this month so I don't stand a chance of making the poll, 'cuz God forbid I get accused of fixing it for myself... but yeah, a change will be made... 3 ties before 3 mistakes before, that simple, I don't want ties, again, a convention, but this was my idea and I started it and I don't want ties... Clearly I'm gonna have to put more effort into this and state more written rules 'cuz every time I do something you an' Scotty are swingin' off my helmet for dear life these days, so I will, I'll make the list of rules more expansive next month and watch no one read them, but hey at least I'll have somewhere to direct them, so it's all good. A change for the better, in the long-term, seeing as no one trusts me enough on this site to believe what I do is for the best interest of the site, they think I do it for the best interest of me... Like fuck, if I wanted to do shit for the best interest of me I'd do it so fuckin' well I wouldn't sit here writin' posts complainin' about you bitches

its like me throwin votes I dont agree with that r explained because I dont agree with who they voted for,

No, it's not... How is it like that? There were three votes... I didn't "throw" any of them, I threw the poll... Why? There were only like 6 names put down, he fucked the post itself up (fixable by a mod tho), he probly did no check beforehand and just drew the names outta his imaginary hat, he didn't get ANYONE to vote on it, so it sat there, dead, again yea, "at least 5 votes" is somethin' I would consider a convention off the poll... It'd be like closin' a battle @ 1-1 or 2-1 just 'cuz you could... My first instinct was to continue the poll this month for Sept, but everyone's votes would be guesses, no one remembers back that far now, and if I were to "remind" them by goin' back myself and summarisin' a load of members, no doubt, if there is a chance Renegades happen to be people who did well, and I point that out, I'll be accused of bias... that aside it's a lot of work for what reward? If you do what you do right, no one notices it... that's fact and u kno it

but fuck it, i cud jus edit your post and put mine and Senor's names down but I cant be bothered,

Is this your thing now? To tell me what you could do every time u have a disagreement with me? Listen, I know what you can do, and no one else is even reading this argument, hell anyone who might be knows what you can do, you don't need to remind us

And I wasn't dissin' Demonic, it coulda been anyone

Scotty:

lol @ the Renegades comment... I know u were jokin' but please, stop it... It would be nice if the joke had some substance to it, but I only put 2 Renegades in this thing here... and I don't know how many D put in last month's, irrelevant to me...

I started this before I was a mod

Glad to know you are grateful, that is appreciated, thanks <-- serious

I'm not bein' biased, I've explained why it was "invalid", above, to IceC

As for "if it's not up to your standards, tough" <<< this is all I wanted to hear... OK... I laugh at the fact it came from Scotty, the one who always claims he doesn't know how to say what he wants to say... but that's it... I wasn't here, the show had to go on... if a cockhead cocked it up then that just is what it is... You wanna argue with me, argue with me on that basis, don't try and validify the poll just 'cuz I don't have all 1000 rules written out... some of them go without sayin'... So now I'm back I wanna try and nullify last month... it was just the easiest option, I explained the alternatives and they woulda taken a lot of effort

My verdict is, tho, that the award actually goes to IceC solely

If you wanna go by the "rules" and "explanations" the vote for Senor Perfecto wasn't really explained properly, that guy's been registered since July - and active for how much of that time who knows - that was a poll for September - so you want clampin' down on votes you get clampin' down on votes - the one for Senor is thrown, too vague

IceC is MC of September, edited accordingly

Edited by -Orion-
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Demonic View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

X Fade II

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Stats: 2-4-0
Form: LLWLLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 10:18am
it 'll prolly be orion or point blank for this month, both battleing and both droppin open mics, but as u know ima go with point blank becuase he isnt a dick.

vote pb well done

Edited by Demonic

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 12:45pm
Well yeah u do have to explain Orion coz otherwise u shudnt have to post in the thread and state ya vote coz every1 only gets 1 vote...I cant be bothered readin the rest of ya essay either, im too tired to get into an argument with mr. devil's advocate
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 2:12pm
Errrrrrrrrm, ok Onion but the crack pipe down a second...I only sayin that if its your so-called rule that ties shouldnt happen then you should say there cant be a tie, you shouldnt just shouldnt say "ties are unacceptable...therefore this doesnt count", im just tryin to make it consistant, im not tellin you to put a whole bunch of new rules in im sayin that if you think that is the way it should be run then you can do that in future, its like the government passin a law sayin "the maximum speed limit is 60mph" then goin and chargin every1 that drove 70mph before

And lol @ accusin me of throwin my 'power' about, thats the exact opposite of what im tryin to do...im jus tryna say that im not tryna be a dick and pick on you for nothin, if i wanted to do that i have the capability to do so, i.e. I dont have to debate whether you need a new rule or not or whether you think that is the right way to do things I can just come in the thread and say "No Orion, this is how it is...post edited", thats not my intention or my wish I think you do a good job on this and I think your a good member of the site so Im tryna show you the respect you deserve and ask you about how shit is done (maybe should have done it over PM, oh well, hingsight is 20-20)

I never accused you of bias, dont associate that with me...I realise that was probably jus a general statement but Im not being biased...you can look at your battle with Intrinsic to no that im not, i told you both 2 stfu and upheld the votes even tho Intrin obviously didnt like them

And finally...YAY IM EMCEE OF THE MONTH!!!!
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 7:02pm

Originally posted by Demonic Demonic wrote:

it 'll prolly be orion or point blank for this month, both battleing and both droppin open mics, but as u know ima go with point blank becuase he isnt a dick.

vote pb well done

Clearly hatin'...not even makin' a secret of it...but ya vote stands... 'Cuz why should I sink to y'alls level, this is what u wanna do then this is what u can do... Congratulations

Nothin' further to add

Continue votin'

They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Junior Shade View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Aka UnaBomber

Stats: 55-14-6
Form: LWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 5:04pm

Damn all this Politics, Just get on for Once ..... Geeeeeez ..

Vote : PB same reason's as everyone else .. Showing alot of Promise and he's Very Versatile .. Props ..

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 5:15pm
i change my vote to point blank cause he has more votes
Junior Shade View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Aka UnaBomber

Stats: 55-14-6
Form: LWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 5:19pm

Well your Very Sad then .. Otherwise Two Word's of Advise for you -

Grow Up

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 6:27pm
Well, I do think it doesn't matter what happens in a month. In order to win, you have to be better than you were last month and more active than anyone else. Voting a lot makes you a better MC as well. Posting a lot of good open mics doesn't matter unless they're all better than anything else you've done. My post simply made fun of the fact that this poll is bullshit, and partly, orion's at fault for that "best MC doesn't mean best overall" shit, cause that defeats the purpose of the poll.

Being fair to the franks and point blanks is one thing, but when someone wins the title and posts a shitload of real hot open mics (at a higher level than anything point blank wrote in that time) and battles like 5 times against good battlers and wins all of those and still loses, it's obvious that the voting is retarded.

Aside from that, Orion usually posts first and people are too lazy to think or look back at what really happened in the month, so they go with whatever the first few people say. I'm not saying everyone does, but this poll is usually decided by the first 3 votes the vast majority of the time... might as well close this already.

Juniortec, If you whink I need to grow up cause of my comment, you can eat my shit twice, faggot.

Edited by King Jehu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic