Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 42-51-0
Form: LLLLWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 7:29pm

You got it in fa me 'cuz you jealous of the infamy
But ya country's ALREADY SAID thatchu a FREE WIN fa me!

^nice flow good enough opener, ill presume its true so it’s a decent punch to start out 3.5/5

It's tru, and he got a thing fa me, we seen it's blatant
Hell he couldn't be TooSmooth about shit as a kemo patient

^ flow seemed slightly off for me, but it’s a pretty funny punch incorporating nameplay, so its another good hit 3.5/5

STILL bitchin' 'bout gettin' kicked, this fake's enraged
A west coast faggot trippin', kinda like The Game on stage

^ nice enough play again, don’t really feel that it’s a real heavy hitting bar, play seems resnobly simple but its still a hit with decent flow, multies have been nice so far 3/ 5

Ya crew's embarrassed, you're outta control
Gettin' publicly fucked so much you'll end up like Anna Nicole

^hmm, not a big fan of this one, it’s alrite play again, but I can see why people would say it is played /  again seems a little bit simple, nice worded tho. 3/5

Type to diss lyin' outcha ass, it's evident, look
You couldn't pull sickness outta there if you were President Bush

^^ this was funny and incorporates the UK / US which I like, nice flow and multis to go along with it, but thought it coulda have been worded better 3/5

You'll probly say I ducked Kon like I ain't kill him before
See you're predictably played wit' a soft touch like bitches in sports

^ set up ended being effective as you countered a set up of his, unfortunately it was just a set up and didn’t block a punch/personal but was well thought out, and I really liked the bitches in sports  play, again funny shit  4/5

Cryin' in denial, just face it that I'm boss
Like Willie Lamond when we'll see ya diss-located with a loss

^ yeah slightly stretched concept but idea is nice and I member reading bout that, so it was a cool shot and a nice play 4/5

Everythin' you have'll be played, this kid ain't hard
US goin' down the Slope to death like this was 'Nam

^^ hmm wouldn’t have got this without the expo’s to be honest, but after that it’s a nice play, incorporates US again which is good in this type of battle, but so far hasn’t been too many real personal plays 3/5

Call yaself Smooth but you lyin' sucka
'Cuz this motherfucker's run down and dead already, just like his brother

^^ to b honest, I am a fan of this punch, I expected it, and it is worded hella nice, and hits hard and personal, it is very low obviously but spose it’s a battle 4.5/5

Now you dead too, ya mother's cryin' in shame
Sayin' I'm the son she never had, killin' it instead of dyin' in vain

again very personal, and hard hitting, maybe couldn’t ended it with a more definite shot, this was more just a run off of the last bar I felt, but still hard hit.. 4/5

35.5 / 50

smooth:

Claimed he left... but quickly ran back guardin' his spot
...How's O 360 degrees, but still the farthest from hot?

^ concept and wording is nice, and tight flow, but like someone said O = 360, I wouldn’t really relate the 2 myself, so maybe a bit of a stretch but good shot no less 3/5

think you're 'dope'... but really you're one of the worst around
'cuz you're only an 'O' - even in the U.K. you aren't worth a 'pound'!

” like the idea of the whole bar having the drugs play and uk aswell, not a huge fan of connecting things thru one letter but after the expo’s its funny and a decent punch 3.5 / 5

an' You ain't structured, but you swear ya' rhymes are proper
Lawyer my fuckin' ass! Even JUDAS denied your offer!!!

^^yeah I thought there’d be a punch about him trying to remove SP, this was worded nice and personal because of the lawyer thing, is clever 4/5

i'll make ya' suffer... the truth is ya flow stinks
you and dope is like ya crew page, homie... there's no link!

^hmm seem similar concepts before, seen them from liquid to name one I believe, better flow and wording obviously, but a idea like that can only hit so hard 2/5

PUSSY... you ducked Shav again because you know he'd fold ya
but now this 'former heavyweight' is gettin' shot like James Oyebola

^^set up was anticipated, so lose a bit of steam here, but I read bout this also and I get the “former heavyweight” aswell, I duno if it could have been worded better (?) to be a killer punch, but still hard hitting , nice flow 4/5

you 'may weather' under these shots when they destroy ya'...
'cuz your punches are outta their prime... like De La Hoya!!!

^ yeh boxing theme, liked this play, slightly dampened by using the same idea of over the hill boxers etc, but it’s a different and really nice play and it is nicely worked, hit well 4.5/ 5

man, you suck! you're just a bitch, so i'ma leave you smacked, chump...
chose ya' nickname from a star 'cuz all you'll ever be is "gassed-up"!!!

^^ hmm nice play ive definitely seen gassed up / star play before tho, not sure if it used in this context tho, so far flow and multis have been worked nicely and this is another good hit 3.5/5

...doesn't that suck?? everyone see's that i'm smashin' Sul...
you wack fuck! your style's like ya' name... it's a MASSIVE HOLE!!

^^ lol funny punch, maybe not as hard hitting as other but its still decent hit and 3 /5

i'll bash ya' skull quick and let ya' mind disolve slow...
'cuz you claim your a leader yet i'm makin' ya' FALL, O!! (follow)

^^ I used near the same play.. “fall, o the leader”, so dampened slightly by that, woulda been very hard hitting if I personally hadn’t seen it before, but yours was worded better and had better flow 3/ 5

he says that the site is dying? well now i'm breakin' this ho...
...L.A. is FINE... it's common to have a NEGATIVE O!!!!!

^and thought this was a tight finish, some people been saying how he’s negative and this was again a nice personal and play to finish 4.5/5

35 / 50

shockingly close

seriously hardest battle ive ever had to vote on, before I voted in previous days, read them both 3 times and each time something new sprung up or I seen a vote and agreed or a play seemed to hit harder, orion had decent flow with funny punches and personals, and seemed to focus a bit more on uk / us, smooth had better flow in my opinion with really nice plays with punches and personals, and seemed to focus more on Orion as if it just where a straight battle…..

it has come down to opinions, unfortunate for smooth he had some plays I had seen, which dampened them for me, whereas they would have been a lot harder if I hadn’t, so at this point in time ,

and points were so close I added them up 4 times each, so lets hope there right…

vote goes to Orion.

4-4…..
Charlie_B View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 8:28pm
I was feeling both of them...for different reasons. I liked the wording for Orion's verse...I think it was straight to the point and flowed nicely. However, way too basic and wasn't really impressing me with much aside from the raw lyrics. As far as 2Smooth, I was feeling the wordplay and creative lyricism more than his flow...I felt his verse was choppy in different areas but that's mostly because of all the different metas/wordplay he had in there and it kinda takes away from actually reading it and accessing it as an emcee would any audio verse instead of text.

In any case...I felt lyrically...2Smooth came out on top with this. But in audio...it could easily be switched around. Like I said...they each had their pros and cons.

Vote: 2Smooth
Charlie_B View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 8:43pm
And in case anyone wants to 'question' my vote...I'll give you an explanation and a middle finger.

Here's the explanation.

"Claimed he left... but quickly ran back guardin' his spot
...How's O 360 degrees, but still the farthest from hot?"

Easily the best line in his whole verse...360 in this case is not a temperature...but a circumference. Which is why he's not even close to being hot. I felt it was a very good opening line.

The De-La-Hoya line was hot too...although not as creative as other lines...it stood out based on it's delivery and how it was worded. I felt the vocab was a much better improvement...especially for text battling. Vocab and creativity should be top notch.

There's my explanation...here's my middle finger.

,,I,

Kiss my ass if you don't like my vote.
2smooth View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 36-5-2
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 8:51pm

looks like that wraps it up...

wait...

here comes the bitching...!...
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 9:12pm
I asked Woods not out of anythin' shady but the simple fact that this is more or less England vs US and simply called UK vs US because that sounds better, lmao... no one on our team is from any of the neighbouring (Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland) countries and seeing as Canadians are voting (who are neighbouring to US and are American, in so much as they're from the same continent of North America...and would understand and be naturally inclined toward US shit more than UK shit 99 times outta 100) I don't see anything wrong with Irish people voting...that was my take on it... it wasn't supposed to be me tryna pull a fast one or anything but if you wanna ignore me and assume the worst go ahead...that was my thinking, because there were so few people left to choose from...doesn't matter now anyway because you've won, so I'm sure you'll take my explanation with good nature, tho God only knows if you'd gone on to lose you would've cried yourself a tsunami over it

Anyway...there's nothing to "bitch" about...again, you constantly tryna take a shot when there's no need like you're five years old or something...maybe that'll stop now the you've won... I sure hope so... The guy's vote was fine, anyone can see that... A new guy deciding when it's at 4-4 is a little weird but then maybe that's another way to look at it, someone completely unrelated to the whole thing to step in and make the call, no complications... Either way, the battle is over
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Charlie_B View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 10:56pm
I'm new to THIS forum...but I've been doing online battling for over a year now...and live battling for over 5.

So...I think I know what I'm talking about. In any case...if you think it's a 'shady' thing to do to come vote on a battle...then feel free to just exclude my vote all together. Although it would be a very lame point of view to think I'm in any way inclined otherwise or pressured to vote in a certain way. It's not like voting for 2Smooth suddenly helped me out with anything.
Rameez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 22-40-4
Form: NWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2007 at 12:12pm
That was ok battle... seen better battle than this.. 
Fatal View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
...Wicked Wit Wordplay...

Crew: The Dynasty

Stats: 44-4-2
Form: WNNWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 2:50am
Lmfao...your a retard...too bad you cant participate in a good battle mr 1-10
Rameez View Drop Down
Superior Member