General Board: Outside of writing / rapping . . .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 4:51pm
I was gonna get a 2017 Grand Sport Vette but instead of having a single child. We were hit with the double dose of Karma so the wife went out and bought a Mercedes GLE 350. Thought it was a great vehicle to haul the kids around and large enough to go out and about with the babies. Well that was a fucking lie. The only thing we can fit in the GLE is a stroller and two car seats. So last month i went to the dealership and bought a new Ford 150. The vette has to wait another 5 years

rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

An ls1 in that genesis would be wicked. I wouldn’t do it but it would be fast. I used to be into street racing and what not when I was younger. But I was all about american muscle. If I were you I’d buy a diff car to build with the ls1 but that’s cuz I’m biased.

Nigs has either the frs1 or its Subaru doppelgänger. We in the 4 badger realm. I myself have a 2015 civic si. But my wife is driving that now. You can catch me in a 2000 Toyota Camry basic model no cruise control and missing half the door handles. But I ain’t tripping. Had our other car stolen n totaled last year, I got the 2000 Camry for $1800 from a 97 year old lady. This bitch had 10,800 miles when I got it. At start of year. Almost at 14k miles now. Best $1800 I ever spent.

i used to have a 88 CRX HF with a B16a2 swap. Stage 2 Clutch, B&M Short Shifter, LSD tranny, AEM fuel rails and injectors on a 75 shot of ZEX dry Nitrous & full bolt ons. Not that it was the fastest car ever, but it would put some funny looks on the faces of Mustang and Camaro drivers at the time lol. they never saw that car coming. 

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 5:35pm
I had a 2000 mustang gt with full bolt ins plus throttle body and spacer, replaced the intake manifold with trick n flow (oem was leaking oil into 3 cylinders), custom tuned. And one of my fav changes was I put 4.10 gears in it (auto tranny). I was about to put a whipple supercharger on it but then the car was totaled lol. That became my down payment on the next car.

I can’t even front I got taken by an old sleeper Honda hatchback when I was younger. I did not expect the nitrous, that was unfair. Lol I also got taken by a caddy cts-v... that was my mistake when he revvd next to me I did not notice the v or I woulda never wasted my time. My shit was fast tho but not fastest. Fastest car I took was a bmw 335i (which I absolutely love that coupe)

My pops buys and flips old muscle cars now so I get to take a spin in some dope shit here and there.
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by daydizzle89 daydizzle89 wrote:

So last month i went to the dealership and bought a new Ford 150. 

Homies truck is fire... I'll probably get a truck in about 5 years or so. I currently have a Nissan Altima Hybrid... environmentally conscious LOL
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:17pm
i looked at every type of truck before i bought my ram 

I decided against Toyota because at 60mph the truck cant decide what gear it wants to be in. that would be very annoying on the interstate when im trying to pull my boat or trailer 

I hated the Nissan Titans. They have worst power and tow capacity in the class and the rear axle is set too far back

I have always been a chevy guy, but the siverados i liked were way out of my price range, and i dont like the square wheel wells on the newer body styles 

I had every intention of buying a Ford, but the aluminum body steered me away. My mom used to have an older Audi that was aluminum body. She backed into a pole and i remember it costing a fortune to get the side panel repaired. but i do love fords ecoboost 

in the end, i settled on a RAM. My complaint has been the electronic steering. The truck only had 30k miles and the entire electric steering rack has been replaced twice. FORD buyers beware. . it has the same electronic rack as the RAM 1500's 
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:29pm
Rhet, I do plan on buying a Ram but thanks for the insight on the other trucks.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by rhetorical rhetorical wrote:

I had every intention of buying a Ford, but the aluminum body steered me away. My mom used to have an older Audi that was aluminum body. She backed into a pole and i remember it costing a fortune to get the side panel repaired. but i do love fords ecoboost 

in the end, i settled on a RAM. My complaint has been the electronic steering. The truck only had 30k miles and the entire electric steering rack has been replaced twice. FORD buyers beware. . it has the same electronic rack as the RAM 1500's 

I was on the verge of buying the Ram 1500 also but went with Ford because everyone that i know with a Dodge has had rust issues, electrical issues and they lose value at a faster rate. The Ford i have is the new aluminum body but i will be installing a grill guard and have no intentions in getting into a accident lol. Plus the F150 is one of very few trucks that have a moonroof.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:43pm
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:46pm
Thats wallpaper material bruh

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:51pm
Thats bro! Everyone sleeps on west coast Canada, one of the nicest places in the world :)
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:56pm
I'd totally head up there and that view looks awesome. Im scared shitless of Bears and Moose though.

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:56pm

I was on the verge of buying the Ram 1500 also but went with Ford because everyone that i know with a Dodge has had rust issues, electrical issues and they lose value at a faster rate. The Ford i have is the new aluminum body but i will be installing a grill guard and have no intentions in getting into a accident lol. Plus the F150 is one of very few trucks that have a moonroof.

yea, dodge/crystler has crappy paint. But having a work truck where im climbing in / out and throwing stuff in the back etc. . . i just dont want to deal with dents and dings with an aluminum body. With the RAM, it costs me like 35 bucks to have a dollar sized ding knocked out. 

the only electrical issues i have personally encountered has been with the steering rack. 

if the Ford had a steel body as an option, i would more then likely be driving a ford today. 

at the end of the day, the big 3 have all been making trucks for a long time and they know what they are doing. They are great trucks in there own rights. . it just comes down to which nuances you can live with lol  
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:58pm

yea, dodge/crystler has crappy paint. But having a work truck where im climbing in / out and throwing stuff in the back etc. . . i just dont want to deal with dents and dings with an aluminum body. With the RAM, it costs me like 35 bucks to have a dollar sized ding knocked out. 

the only electrical issues i have personally encountered has been with the steering rack. 

if the Ford had a steel body as an option, i would more then likely be driving a ford today. 

at the end of the day, the big 3 have all been making trucks for a long time and they know what they are doing. They are great trucks in there own rights. . it just comes down to which nuances you can live with lol  

Yeah Rhet, Totally agree

I love the body style of the new Silverado and Ram but the Ford had the options i was looking for in a Truck.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

ahhh nice man. . fun little cars to drive 

i really wish we got to see an AWD boosted version of those before they pulled the plug 
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 9:22pm
hey im actually working two jobs to get a car. I'm eyeing a 2010 jeep wrangler for sale by owner i saw down the block. any thoughts on those?

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 9:26pm
heres some car audio projects i worked on . . .

Cousins Crystler 300 - 2 15" Audioque HDs 

Roomates Navigator - 4 x 10" Image Dynamic IDQ's

This was my 99 Suburban - 1st Gen RE Audio SX 18 

And this is my 96 Dakota. I call it my "fuck it bucket" 

pics were taken after i completely repainted it for 92.00 using a Harbor Freight sprayer and about 4 quarts of Rustoleum paint lol 

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

hey im actually working two jobs to get a car. I'm eyeing a 2010 jeep wrangler for sale by owner i saw down the block. any thoughts on those?

They keep their value really well and they are cheap to repair. The drive is a little rough and gas isnt the best but you wont have to worry cost to maintain.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 9:35pm

Jeeps are cool but there are things you will have to accept with them

pros

Great off roading (dana 44 axles are nice)
Small and easy to get around town with 
Durable motors 
Flexible vehicles 
HUGE Aftermarket 

cons 

Horrible to drive on highways 
Not very fast 
Tires are typically noisy on the road 
gas mileage is not great  

I would opt for the V6 if it has it. The 4cyl are a bit too under powered for my liking. 
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 3:35pm
i usually don't drive on the highway and seldom goes fast (since i don't hit the highway often) but the gas mileage could be a problem. what would be the average weekly costs for gas? i usually just drive around the cambridge/boston area because of my job and social hours so maybe around 100-150 miles per week, i'm guessing.

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 4:09pm

i usually don't drive on the highway and seldom goes fast (since i don't hit the highway often) but the gas mileage could be a problem. what would be the average weekly costs for gas? i usually just drive around the cambridge/boston area because of my job and social hours so maybe around 100-150 miles per week, i'm guessing.

the 3.8 6cyl (which trust me, its the engine you will want) . . .  is rated 15 city 20 highway

people i know that own them average about 16 mpg and thats driving easy on it with highway miles. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic