Print Page | Close Window

Doom ft. Neek,Ch3kkgame-Vegas

Printed From: Lyrical Assault
Category: Emcee Lounge
Forum Name: Audio Mic
Forum Description: Where you can link to your own music.
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44840
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 5:57pm

Topic: Doom ft. Neek,Ch3kkgame-Vegas
Posted By: D.Von Doom
Subject: Doom ft. Neek,Ch3kkgame-Vegas
Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 4:49pm
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/daofficial1/dvon-doom-ft-neek-ch3kkgame-vegas[/soundcloud]

Replies:
Posted By: Sammy
Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 4:57pm
what?!!! Oh shit!!

real feed coming soon. this is crazy, yall

-------------

Posted By: Elite
Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 5:03pm
this was a pretty nice joint here. D von you came thru with a pretty well crafted verse, as with the usual witty wordplay and punches. Neek you had a really colorful verse here, your bars were dope as always and you really shined with the bright delivery and a couple nice ad-libs in the back. ch3kk i probably like your verse the most here, but for some reason your mic quality sounded really bad here. idk what it was but it didnt sound like your usual at all. but quality aside, you really hit hard with your spittin. 

the only thing i'd fix about this track aside from ch3kks quality is putting a hook in here. i don't mean to keep the feed brief but this track to me isnt exactly a stand out record when it really could have been. with some fixed audio quality and a really catchy hook, this could have been the hottest brag track of the year for LA so far. with the few minor flaws it has it really only feels like a small time cypher track thats the prelude to something a lot bigger and better (hopefully it is, id love to see an all star level collab from you 3). but overall, i do like this track and it is a decent effort. its a 7.5 for me, so good work here guys. keep grindin

Posted By: ch3kkgame
Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 5:07pm
Good shit E. I like the break down. I think the issue with my verse is due to my mixing. I was gone for a while and to be honest. Some shit i just forgot. Life and work was kicking my ass. I'm back though, so it'll improve. I always appreciate the listen and feed. 

Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 5:09pm
Oh yea, Shouts to the homie Neek for the collab. Always ups to my fam D Von. 

Posted By: Elite
Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 5:09pm
no worries ch3kk. you need any pointers on mixing to get back into the swing of things you know where im at bro

Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 5:14pm
No doubt homie. I think it's one of those things where I just have to keep at it again. It'll come back it's the small steps I'm missing. Then my ear has suffered from my time away. I just need to get back into the swing of things. Oh yea, and I just snatched up AbletonLive 9 again. A newer version. I think you should try this with your producing. The live recording on Ableton is dope as fuck. Look into it on Youtube and let me know if you want it bro. 

Posted By: Endeavor
Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 6:11pm
I didn't listen yet and know it's fire. Feed coming soon.

-------------
#Bananas

Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 8:04pm
Yeah I'm feeling this,the beat was solid with that Jean Vangelis oxygen/air sound,
then bam the beat comes in with the instrumentals and all out rhyming,all 3 gave
a ripe account of themselves here,all nailed down the mic etiquettes,I liked Neeks
mid section here,slowed it down some an acted like a brake,a switch up,it also set
up for more all out rhyming from Check again,a well polished track,that I'm going to
bump again,as i'm now getting on train home from work..highly enjoyable,you guys
should start a mic fellowship or something,because this was ripe..peace.   

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 9:52pm
Oh and as of a continuation of that feed i left there,D Von mister fucking V Doom,sorry for not mentioning your alias directly you was badass too..peace.

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Date Posted: 22 April 2017 at 9:55pm
Appreciate the feed on this Crim. Always appreciate the time taken for the listen. Good looks bro 

Posted By: Lord Puente
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 12:06am
Ayyye, this shot is bumping. I do agree with elite, had there been a hook on this, would have been a dope full track. Y'all meshed really well together and the break up in flows was nice to the ear. I'd def like to see some more collab from you three.

Over all I think neek sounded the best on the mic, ch3kk had the best schemes in the collab, and d Von doom had the best bars. Everyone brought something to the table.

Solid job, this review was done while taking a shit at islands of adventure.

-------------

Posted By: BN.Bedlam
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 12:30am
this is flames fr fr, all three killed it and the mixing on this is clean too I definitely got this ho in the rotation

Posted By: Exoduzt
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 4:47am
look  i want give this a proper breakdown that yall deserve but I can't yet...This is why...

Yall do a track about Las Vegas and don't mention my Raiders?!?!?!   Maybe I might have missed it... I could be wrong.  But yall know It's Raider Nation with me.    I feel I may have missed it?!?!?! not sure...will give a break down when I see the responses lol...RN4L  

-------------

Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Exoduzt Exoduzt wrote:

look  i want give this a proper breakdown that yall deserve but I can't yet...This is why...

Yall do a track about Las Vegas and don't mention my Raiders?!?!?!   Maybe I might have missed it... I could be wrong.  But yall know It's Raider Nation with me.    I feel I may have missed it?!?!?! not sure...will give a break down when I see the responses lol...RN4L  

Not a football fan so yea lol

Posted By: Neek
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 5:34am
yeah man!!! haha.

this is my shit tho, D Von per normal bodied bagged the schemes, Ch3kk came with some wild ass wordplay and overall this shit came out fuego.

ill shit fella's.

@Elite - I think the quick posse cut was always the goal. aint my song, but that was the notion I felt going in.

@Ch3kk, definitely know what you're talking about with losing your ear for your pocket.

@everybody else, doubt this'll be the last one lol.

-------------
#Bananas

Posted By: Exoduzt
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 6:08am
No one made a line about the Raiders???    RN4L

-------------

Posted By: Kairo
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 3:29pm
I mean I don't really think there's anymore I can add. 

D Von came in hard and I haven't heard many people (on this site or otherwise) attack the mic so aggressively. The delivery is ferocious and the bars back it up. I also think your voice fits over this beat the nicest (but it could just be because it's the best produced on this specific track). I love the little runs you throw in your verses, like an M16 trip burst. 

Neek, I expect absolutely nothing less from you ever since our unexpected collab. You have one of the most unique voices I've ever heard. Reminds me almost of a mix between Ab-Soul and Nipsey Hussle, and you have the absolute best flow/control of vocabulary that I've heard on a non professional rapper. The bends, the stretches, the uneven syllables, ad libs, everything is so masterful. I just wish your vocals were a little louder. 

Ch3k other than the boxy sounding production I think you killed it. All of the internals were slick and your scheme switches were extremely smooth. Your verse complimented there's extremely well almost acting as a "middle point", very constant and stable just dropping bars after bars. Incredible wordplays and metaphors. 

I don't think I have a favorite verse, Neek's is the most entertaining, D Von's is the most aggressive, and Ch3k's is a combo of the two. Y'all have a very gritty sound together and would make incredible cuts. I hope you guys write more.

Date Posted: 24 April 2017 at 12:16am
Appreciate the feed bro

Posted By: Sammy
Date Posted: 24 April 2017 at 12:22pm
Doom, straight up and down ur verse was on some other shit. The way u structure ur bar is very unconventional. U don't necessarily rhyme at the end of a bar but still somehow U were able to maintain a rhythm. It's a fine testament to ones inherent understanding of rhythm and flow. It's very effortless and on top of all that there's some dope wordplay scattered about. "She kinda glad he ate her" ha!

Neek, this shits too easy for you hombre. The delivery was playful with a dash of cockiness with a hint of battle sensibility that really raised the quality of the verse. It's obvious u had the most personality on this joint. I like how u structure the verse. The pause in between bars was clever and a good way to highlight the lyrics as it gave room for listener to absorb what u sayin. Another one for the book son!

Ch3kk, way to close it out homie. Ur always known for ur aggressive approach and it's clear ur presence balances out the "no nonsense" tone of Doom and the "cocky playful" delivery of neek giving the track a gumbo of style and flavor.

This is definitely HOF worthy, if we were to vote. Everything worked for me. The arrangements, beats, lyrics, delivery....everything just clicked here. Salute gentlemen!

-------------

Posted By: Cuba
Date Posted: 24 April 2017 at 10:14pm
You guys are fucking beasts man

-------------

Posted By: rhetorical
Date Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:19am
Doom, your flow is effortless bro. I cant find a single thing to critique my man, just nodding my head and diggin it bruh. . just nasty. .

Neek, I like how your just having fun on this beat. Not overly complex lyrics or nothing, but just riding out on the beat and dropping some upbeat fun shit to listen too

Ch3kk, I don’t have problems with your pronunciation tbh, maybe its because mine is so bad everyone sounds good next to me hahaha. .  dope lyrics. . sick verse to close this with..

Damn, overall just a dope as collab here fellaz. I don’t know if im on yalls caliber as im still figuring out this audio shit for myself. .but if you ever need a man for a collab, id love to get a verse in you guys one day. Hit me up anytime 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window