Print Page | Close Window

here's an interlude from 'thejoyride'

Printed From: Lyrical Assault
Category: Emcee Lounge
Forum Name: Audio Mic
Forum Description: Where you can link to your own music.
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44847
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 6:34am

Topic: here's an interlude from 'thejoyride'
Posted By: harrydirtface
Subject: here's an interlude from 'thejoyride'
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 1:54pm
sup guys,

for the last year i've been working on a project called 'thejoyride', it started with a few tracks that had a similar feel so i put them together and decided to make it 8-10 tracks long. 

so far i have 4 tracks mastered, ready to go. so im going to be uploading them on my soundcloud over the next couple of months. 

the concept of the project is nothing deep. just a reflection of my life over the past 4-5 years. driving around with my friends, smoking, taking psychedelics and being hedonistic LOL

anyways, here's the first drop. let me know what u think.. 

https://soundcloud.com/harrydirtface/pink

Replies:
Posted By: Lord Puente
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 2:30pm
If you go feed others, they will likely feed you back. We all hungry, we all gotta eat

In the meantime, I'll embed this for you

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/harrydirtface/pink[/SOUNDCLOUD]

-------------

Posted By: Kairo
Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 6:10pm
Yo the production on this is fire. I really like your lyrical style, way more straightforward, catchy, and relatable. More about songwriting rather than technical prowess and this is way more in touch with what I like about hip hop. Nice play on words, flow is pretty cool, and the vocal production/mix is great. 

The only thing I'd say is to further distinguished your hook with a couple more layers (even if it's subtle). The cadence change is dope and it's a nice hook, love the little melody, love that it repeats but maybe boost the ad libs a bit more or something! Great work, can't wait to hear your full project. Like LP said, share the wealth and don't just dip after posting a track.

Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

If you go feed others, they will likely feed you back. We all hungry, we all gotta eat

In the meantime, I'll embed this for you

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/harrydirtface/pink[/SOUNDCLOUD]

thanks LP. wasn't sure on how to embed after trying multiple times lol. 

i see you're a member of the street team and i was wondering, have u guys ever considered having a feedback system? 

i use another forum to find & share music and they have a system where you must comment detailed feedback on 2 other posts before you can share your own music. you have to provide a link to both of your feedback comments within your own thread of music too.

i was just wondering as it prevents people sharing their music and being inactive... it makes for a very active forum, although yours seems pretty active already. you shouldn't have to worry about people posting and not coming back. 

Date Posted: 23 April 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Kairo Kairo wrote:

Yo the production on this is fire. I really like your lyrical style, way more straightforward, catchy, and relatable. More about songwriting rather than technical prowess and this is way more in touch with what I like about hip hop. Nice play on words, flow is pretty cool, and the vocal production/mix is great. 

The only thing I'd say is to further distinguished your hook with a couple more layers (even if it's subtle). The cadence change is dope and it's a nice hook, love the little melody, love that it repeats but maybe boost the ad libs a bit more or something! Great work, can't wait to hear your full project. Like LP said, share the wealth and don't just dip after posting a track.

thanks for the feedback man, glad you like it!  

you have a good point about the hook, could definitely have been more layered!

Print Page | Close Window