Forum Name: General Board
Forum Description: This is for all the General Topics
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44959
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 10:59pm

Topic: All in the Mind
Posted By: Sammy
Subject: All in the Mind
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:15am
ok, folks, you've all been waiting for this and here it is! lol, jk. ok, this is the final product of a short film i made for my Film Studies course finals. it was a group project. I came up with the monologue and was the Director of Photography (camera guy). The casts were friends of one of my classmate so don't expect any Deniro type performance lmao. let me know what yall think. 

https://vimeo.com/218246804" rel="nofollow - https://vimeo.com/218246804

i tried to embed it but its vimeo, so i dont' think i'm able to do it. but thats the link.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Neek
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:33am
this was pretty dope sammy.

the voice-over work was a bit iffy, felt real monotone. I liked the camera work, the concept and the black and white feel.

also poland spring is my second favorite water.

-------------
#Bananas

Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:57pm
dasani or die, son!!

and thanks, Neek, 'preciate it bro. the theme was noir lol. to get the style down i watched that movie Rounders, with matt damon. dope movie, if u havent seen it yet

-------------

Posted By: Neek
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:58pm
many times bro.

-------------
#Bananas

Posted By: Rude
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:46pm
Ha I was gonna say I liked the noir theme.  Solid camera work, some of the audio  was a bit hard to hear, but I completely understand that 1. without the right equipment (boom mics and etc.) and 2. these are fellow classmates friends vs actors with good voice projection. Overall though I thought it was clean and dope. 

Posted By: DressToKill
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:56pm
I dig it bro, I agree with Neek though you need to bring more emotion to the vocal aspect of the film. The actual camera angles and shit were on it felt legit. Nice work

-------------
The original comeback kid

Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 4:03am
Rude, DTK, ur both awesome. i def want to shoot another short now! 

-------------

Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 7:08am
Damn that was solid for a short,liked the fact it was done in black/white,plus the music
in the background with the horn gave this on the whole a ripe ambience,you did well i
liked it,you picked a solid subject to film too,a classic that never gets old,(a card game),
plus the guy who feels different,and it was narrated and put together well also,the only
fault i could find was the focus in parts was slightly slow (and i mean slightly) zooming
in,(when focusing on the cards),but to be honest it ended up adding character to the
short for me,gave it a sense of realism,and Rude nailed it with the noir theme/vibe,in fact it reminded me of the video game LA Noir,ripe work Sammy,real nice..peace.

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Print Page | Close Window