Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 10:44am

Topic: [Audio] Ch3kk Vs L.P [3-1]
Posted By: ch3kkgame
Subject: [Audio] Ch3kk Vs L.P [3-1]
Date Posted: 10 July 2017 at 2:53am
3 min
On beat
No 3 pg expo.
Diss track with chorus and has to have replay value - this is a battle based on all around skill.
due sunday by midnight

Replies:
Posted By: Lord Puente
Date Posted: 17 July 2017 at 1:51am
Extended till tomorrow per request.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 July 2017 at 10:38pm
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/ch3kk-g/settle-down-lp-diss[/soundcloud] 

Only 1 expo. He dropped a track called Christmas Lunch he got great feedback on it. He likes food. 

Date Posted: 18 July 2017 at 12:43am

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/user37035975/more-than-bullets[/SOUNDCLOUD]

had some issues mixing. someone will be re-mixing it for me Friday. you may need to turn your volume up a bit for now.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 July 2017 at 12:45am
ignore the volume comment. for some reason the volume is drastically different when its embedded vs when I play straight out of soundcloud.

-------------

Posted By: DressToKill
Date Posted: 18 July 2017 at 12:02pm
Yo..

Checkk - aggression and flow were present and in full force so props on that. I really liked your beat selection as well, it fit really well into the battle theme. The one thing sonically that your track lacked was true distinction between the hook and the track, I found it hard to pick your hook out. Punchline wise you really need work, you got all the tools to bring a mean diss but your own is the weakest element of your game. Either way flow was good as well as aggression so in terms of LA standards you just re wrote Ether

L.P.- I thought you started off really nice with the hook, you sounded strong on it which can be your weak point. Unfortunately your verses lacked the aggression that check brought. This is basically a battle of flow and Checkk out flowed you and showed more aggression. My suggestion would be to work on your voice clarity and overall aggression.

I believe Checkk took this pretty easily, in audio battles it seems we vote on flow/aggression so for that reason I'm going to vote Checkk.

Vote check

-------------
The original comeback kid

Posted By: The Law
Date Posted: 27 July 2017 at 5:42pm
Ch3k - Nice aggressive delivery. Lyrics were up and down. They worked well with your style and came across smooth because of your delivery. But overall, many of the punches against LP were light and you went into some fillerish sections that were just spitting and not punching. Best punch for me in yours was the 'Run back to Cuba' line. The Hook was alright, I thought it could have been presented a bit better but it did work well for the verse. Your strengths are definitely your delivery and mic presence on the track. If your punches were ticked up on notch, your battling would be taken to the next level for sure.

LP - . As I thought you flowed well and the track itself came off smooth, but the delivery of most of your punches just didn't do much for me and you also had some filler sections like your opponent did. Your bars were leaned slighty more towards the personal approach aimed at Ch3k and this were I thought you needed to excel over his verse, however, while you brought personal ideas toward him like the Cyphers, KOTM, etc. I didn't think you capitalized on those ideas rather just kinda stated what happened. There needed to be some creativity behind the bars, or a delivery that made it come off nice, for example the doom better than you, had dope a delivery and mix on it. It worked great for the punch even though it was very simple. On the plus side I thought the Hook was dope and worked well for the 'replay value' aspect that was put into the rules of the battle. 

MVGT: Ch3k - This battle is much closer than it will probably seem. Ch3k had the better delivery and was just crisper/clearer for me on the verse sections. The tough part about voting on this battle, at least for me was that many of the things I was looking for were about even. Punches, both could've been a bit more creative and had stronger thought out lines towards there opponents. Both had filler that ate into their time attacking their opponent. I thought Ch3k had better replay value on his verses, LP had better replay value on hook which somewhat evened that out for me. Essentially this battle came down to a preference for me and I thought ch3k just delivered his lyrics better.

-------------
Go my Minions!

Posted By: Sammy
Date Posted: 28 July 2017 at 3:24am
hmmm...i think im gonna have to go against the grain here. 

ch3kk, u already know man. ur easily my fav emcee here without doubt. Its hard to deny your mic presence and flow and cadence. I feel the most impressive thing about u is how fast you can turn these in. like how the fuck do you drop something so quick and make it seem like its been premeditated for days? This seems to give some type of homage Juvenile"s "Back That Azz Up" as i noticed some segment utilizing Juvenile's penchant's for rhythm. I think u made it sound even better. The hook was cool but against a backdrop of kinetic off kiltered ferocity, the hook was a bit too "safe" for lack of better word. Of course the actual verse was dope. lots of flow switchups which keeps it interesting. My issue was that the swag kind of overpowered the direct hits. the first two verses seemed like conventional braggadocio verse, nah mean? Now 3rd verse was napalm. THats the Ch3kk im talkin about. alluding to real situations instead of relying on regular punchlines. the ending was gold. word.

L.P. dug the beat. very dark and great for narrative. It was somber and mello allowing full attention to be focused on the lyrics. chorus was dope. i like the cadence and the twist and turn of the rhythm. The first verse was dope due to all the personals. I like shit like that and always score those high in my book. quality is not as clean or refined as your opponent but i responded to your lyrical content more than Ch3kk. the 2nd verse took a turn for the mixtape bar stuff so i wasn't really feelin much of that. Luckily 3rd verse brought the personals right back. Not sure how much was rooted in reality as i've been out of the loop but i do like that your are taking direct jabs. pretty dope overall.

this is EXTREMELY hard to vote and it took me a while to come to a conclusion. I have to give my vote to LP only because i felt Ch3kk kind of underestimated him by not taking direct shots at LP. LP verse took a more personal route. Of course if we talking presence and delivery, Ch3kk is unfukwitable in that regards but in a diss battle i usually listen for personals and direct hits so yeah i have to give my vote to LP because he did more of that. HOwever if Ch3kk gave just one more verse similar to his 3rd this could've been a slaughter imo. But as it stands, i give this one to LP. Ch3kk still goat tho but i think LP edged him here. 

-------------

Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 28 July 2017 at 5:51pm
Puente,firstly i didn't like the hook on this track,for me it got annoying,just to state
To those reading this,i don't like hooks on any tracks to be honest,my preference is
Straight out rhyming,(especially when it comes to a battle/diss track,i can let it slide
when it's creatively used or in a track of death or love or political and such),I feel your
direct approach served you well,you had some nice punches but the personals was
where you excelled really,they were factual based on the whole,and the beat you ran
with was good too,I liked the reminiscing vibe of past call outs and battles,shows you
did the footwork in making this track hit home,which it did,the overall tone of this verse
was in the higher pitch range which somewhat marred this display by you,(in parts you
sounded whiney almost),anyways you did however stay on beat that made me forget
my gripes,as this what I've typed about hook and pitch isn't a big problem really,nice work..

Chekk,firstly you seemed to go more down the clowning route as such,yep you had
punches your personals didn't have the same directness as Puente's to be honest,and
although you had a very short kind of hook that didn't distract men on listening,but you
had other elements that made this track solid,presence humour delivery is where your
strength shined for me,plus your tone complemented that beat well,you also said more that sticks out in a shorter amount of time too,coupled with the fact this track has
replay value entow is just another plus of many really,and that Tupac/Cuban line was
really good i thought,a well delivered and polished track on the whole that grabs the
listener and pulls him in and forces him to take note,the beat was also a good choice
as the bass line amped your contents up some,an enjoyable solid track..

Overall i'm going to go with Chekk,i just preferred his offering more,it appealed to me
because it came with a stamp of quality,although his personals were tamer conpared
to Puente's,they still had the humour factor attached,good battle guy,enjoyable too..

Vote..Chekk....peace.

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Date Posted: 04 August 2017 at 10:35pm
this battle is over. Could a mod Close this and update the stats please. 

Posted By: Cuba
Date Posted: 08 August 2017 at 7:01pm
Crimbo you could've locked this one up here when you cast the deciding vote...don't worry, the mod corruption movement just means me.

Give me a shout if you need some guidance.

3-1 Ch3kk...locked.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window