Print Page | Close Window

Role Call (Neek Diss)

Printed From: Lyrical Assault
Category: Emcee Lounge
Forum Name: Audio Mic
Forum Description: Where you can link to your own music.
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45318
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 3:38pm

Topic: Role Call (Neek Diss)
Posted By: DressToKill
Subject: Role Call (Neek Diss)
Date Posted: 07 August 2017 at 1:03am
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-role-call-neek-diss[/SOUNDCLOUD]

direct link if your having trouble -  http://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-role-call-neek-diss" rel="nofollow - http://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-role-call-neek-diss

Despite the jocking and everything else i'll always respond

Btw, watch ya step

-------------
The original comeback kid

Replies:
Posted By: -Orion-
Date Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:15pm
I dunno about anyone else but it won't play for me

-------------
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .

Date Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by -Orion- -Orion- wrote:

I dunno about anyone else but it won't play for me

Oh yeah? Weird link doesn't look broken, anyone else having issues?

-------------

Posted By: Rutter knows best
Date Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:35pm
Works for me.

-------------
#bananas

Posted By: The Law
Date Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:49pm
Yeah it's not working for me either. I just see Judge Judy, but it won't play anything. 

-------------
Go my Minions!

Date Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:59pm
http://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-role-call-neek-diss" rel="nofollow - http://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-role-call-neek-diss

Weird, usually the embedding has no issues for me. Here's a direct link

-------------

Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 5:43pm
I think it's a bit shitty no one has given any feedback...surprising seeing as you seem to be pretty active on these boards

Nice conor sample

The hold weight/literally stuff felt like it landed and the humdrum/2001 bit was the highlight, and in general it was better towards the end. Earlier on it almost felt a bit too much like an extended warm up at times

Flow was an issue, at times it sounded like maybe it was even just in the production, like your tempo was fine but just a fraction out of rhythm like the audio track was laid down slightly out of sync. I think in general (and I'm not saying you don't) you gotta try and pay a lot more attention to writing bars specifically for the beat. And when it's a well known beat/track like this, as an exercise, I would even recommend copying the scheme (syllables, rhyming patterns) more or less exactly from the original, just to give yourself a framework of something you know will flow. Do that and record it and then if you're not happy or wanna play around with it then go ahead, but I think when you're recording your priority just has to be bars that match the track...you're making it too hard for yourself to deliver some of the bars you write, even tho it might be potential A+ material if it was delivered right

Still tho, you get a lot of credit for coming out and throwing down against a diss like his, which I think we can all acknowledge was pretty damn good. You gave applause, talked no shit and recorded a response...that's admirable

-------------
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .

Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:11pm
Thanks O, obviously Neek has cemented himself with the audios so to me it's like what can I loose? I learned from the "beef" and came out better for it. Thanks for the feed

-------------

Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:18pm
Yeah Jamal is a natural...he had this same swagger when I first heard him on a track when he would have been the tender age of 21...he the rookie that been doing it 20 years, as we all recently learned...haha

Heard him on that track with ChinCheck (anyone who isn't Neek who can name it gets to battle me*) and was like OK, gotta find that guy and work with him...and here we is. Good times.

* not really

-------------
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .

Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:34pm

Yeah Jamal is a natural...he had this same swagger when I first heard him on a track when he would have been the tender age of 21...he the rookie that been doing it 20 years, as we all recently learned...haha

Heard him on that track with ChinCheck (anyone who isn't Neek who can name it gets to battle me*) and was like OK, gotta find that guy and work with him...and here we is. Good times.

* not really

Track = Cold world ft Neek + Ja Vid

Can't link it on my cell

-------------

Posted By: Neek
Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:37pm
nah dress. the song definitely isnt on the internet.

-------------
#Bananas

Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:45pm

-------------

Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:54pm
im trying to help you.

the song in question is 100% not on the internet.

as the guy who uploaded it. I can assure you of this.

-------------
#Bananas

Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 7:21pm
Haha. Good that you tried tho! But no it's older than that. Estimate autumn/"fall" 04, tho I could be off

-------------
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .

Date Posted: 10 August 2017 at 7:31pm

Haha. Good that you tried tho! But no it's older than that. Estimate autumn/"fall" 04, tho I could be off

Whatddup grade 8

-------------

Posted By: spume corrupt
Date Posted: 11 August 2017 at 7:06pm
Massive respect coming through with this fam, it can't go unnoticed how much effort you are putting in to your audio elevation
I gave this a good few listens and I liked a lot of the content you kept on throwing hits and a lot of it was working nicely
Some issues with flow in places but then a lot of the delivery was on point, can def recognise you in that early development stage but I see mad potential for you to become dope with this
Just thinking fam maybe some of the flow issues are due to you being such a prolific text writer in the past and maybe you need to let that go and learn to write more specifically for an audio delivery? Maybe
Keep up brother

-------------

Posted By: Lord Puente
Date Posted: 11 August 2017 at 8:03pm

* not really

Mic Check or another one called H.E.A.T.

Ready for the hands?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 August 2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by spume corrupt spume corrupt wrote:

Massive respect coming through with this fam, it can't go unnoticed how much effort you are putting in to your audio elevation
I gave this a good few listens and I liked a lot of the content you kept on throwing hits and a lot of it was working nicely
Some issues with flow in places but then a lot of the delivery was on point, can def recognise you in that early development stage but I see mad potential for you to become dope with this
Just thinking fam maybe some of the flow issues are due to you being such a prolific text writer in the past and maybe you need to let that go and learn to write more specifically for an audio delivery? Maybe
Keep up brother

Thanks a lot Spume big ups bro

-------------

Posted By: -Que-
Date Posted: 11 August 2017 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by DressToKill DressToKill wrote:

Thanks O, obviously Neek has cemented himself with the audios so to me it's like what can I loose? I learned from the "beef" and came out better for it. Thanks for the feed

Thats the attitude of a champion.

-------------

Posted By: -Que-
Date Posted: 11 August 2017 at 10:17pm
Best part of this craft is the growing period

-------------

Date Posted: 11 August 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by -Que- -Que- wrote:

Best part of this craft is the growing period

^ this 100%

---------

but if I can add to the side-convo here.. Orion had the timeline skewed. O, when I turned 21.. they played "Sexy Thing" in the club I was at.. which was off the Dot Com mixtape.. which ALSO contained "We Off The Chain" which was recorded in 2003.. which was WAYYYY before the song in question. I thought about it the other day and Renegades have been homies since teenagers.. now we all got responsibilities and grown man jobs and shit.

sorry to slide in like this..but the sweepstakes is hilarious. the song title fits these tiles.

_ _ _ _ _    _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

but anyhom.. O threw that out because it wasnt google-able.. hes slick like that

-------------
#Bananas

Posted By: Scotty32
Date Posted: 12 August 2017 at 10:46am

* not really

What we just gotta drop songs with neek an chin in em? no other clues? I've prob got a dozen tracks grabbed from SoundClick or MSN, no extra hint?

Though if it's from before you knew neek I'm guessin I never heard it and we gotta wait on Jehu to enlighten us all.

But a few good tracks to throw in the pot: Boiling Point or In The Evening

(aah the good old days of spending hours on SoundClick checkin shit from Neek, Chin, HT an Ja - now I gotta go through my archives!)

-------------
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA

Posted By: King Jehu
Date Posted: 13 August 2017 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Scotty32 Scotty32 wrote:

Though if it's from before you knew neek I'm guessin I never heard it and we gotta wait on Jehu to enlighten us all.

I don't know, actually. First time I heard Neek was on H.E.A.T when Orizzle had him, Chincheck and Introspection (that's my dude. I love Intro) on a beat of his or the first time. Soon after, he asked me to join Renegade Productions after he heard some Just Blaze-type club beat I did.

-------------
Insert something rappy here

Date Posted: 16 August 2017 at 7:40pm
Ha...yeah so Mic Check and H.E.A.T were both by Renegades - H.E.A.T was our first track - so definitely not those, as I first heard Neek on another track...but nicely done, no idea where you pulled those names from

In The Evening was considerably later (but magnificent) and Boiling Point I don't honestly even remember...

And Neek, as far as timeline goes...

Dot Com (Sexy Thing, We Off The Chain) pre-dates me. VGC pre-dates me. I heard them but they were already around before I knew you... The track in question was recorded after those...or at least, for sure, I heard it after those...because what I know is:

1) As we can see I joined LA in April 04

2) I started with the beats in summer 04

3) I didn't hear the track in question till after I had started making beats...100% sure of that much

4) And you joined here in October 04 according to the above (which is earlier than I would have guessed but it must have been when we finished H.E.A.T...that would make sense)

So it will have been Jul/Aug/Sep 04 I heard the track - irrespective of when you recorded it, tho I think it was new at the time, as I saw it as a thread in that forum...

Anyway, I asked the question knowing full well pretty much that no one would be able to answer it. It was called Under Our Management and it was on that Xzibit beat if I remember right. This was back when Neek, ChinCheck and another fella called Hard Target used to refer to themselves quite brilliantly as the Vanilla Gorilla Commission...or just Vanilla Gorillas for short...the track was short and sweet, but really good.

Simpler times

-------------
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .

Date Posted: 16 August 2017 at 7:59pm
yeah, it was over "At The Speed of Life"

also, you are correct sir, but when you necro'd the song.. it was already "hella old".. anyway, finally people can stop asking me what song it was. thank you.

I did LOL when LP mentioned two renegade productions joints.

anddddddd. Boiling Point is after still not famous.

-------------
#Bananas

Posted By: King Jehu
Date Posted: 16 August 2017 at 9:30pm
The Vanilla Gorilla Commission will give you the business!

-------------
Insert something rappy here

Posted By: Nick Genre
Date Posted: 17 August 2017 at 3:46am
Worked for me..... Not bad.... U would practice on riding the beat a little more.... But on a positive note you rap kinda like the old school cats so I was feeling that

Date Posted: 18 August 2017 at 6:11pm
I didn't necro shit! It definitely will have been a current thread on whatever forum that was

And what is that Xzibit song even called? It is Xzibit right? All I can hear now is the beat and your track

-------------
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .

Date Posted: 18 August 2017 at 6:15pm
it was intros personal forum. it was necro'd which is why it caught my attention. beat was "at the speed of life" and I listened to that song yesterday was not diggin it lol.

-------------
#Bananas

Date Posted: 21 August 2017 at 8:01pm
The beat tho

And the VGC stylin on it

-------------
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .

Posted By: ch3kkgame
Date Posted: 26 August 2017 at 3:06pm
I actually heard this before you took it down. I thought flow wise, you are getting better and it was a quick turn around. It's just that when you come at someone like Neek you need all cylinders firing and you were lacking in the flow department. You went more for punches than personals that are relatable. I do see you improving tho. It's just like when you have the bar you want, you may have to change the structure to fit the beat. You may have to take out a word, or even spit two to three words fast then slow it down. Just as long as you are flowing with the kick or the snare. Or even a specific melody outside of the kick or snare. Just some added info. Keep the grind tho bruh. I can always respect that.

Print Page | Close Window