Print Page | Close Window

Fight night bitches

Printed From: Lyrical Assault
Category: Community Forums
Forum Name: Sports, Media and Entertainment
Forum Description: A Place to talk about Sports, Movies, TV shows & Computer Games etc
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45372
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 7:15am

Topic: Fight night bitches
Posted By: daydizzle89
Subject: Fight night bitches
Date Posted: 26 August 2017 at 11:03pm
McGregor in 4 rnds or mayweather in 12. 8oz gloves.....

Replies:
Posted By: Neek
Date Posted: 26 August 2017 at 11:45pm
lulz.
floyd in 8 rds. in 8 oz gloves. drinking an 8ball between rounds.

-------------
#Bananas

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 1:34am
also, like I told the homie ch3kk.. feel free to talk shit until the end of time if you picked mcgregor. I aint a bitch about mine, ill hold that L.

-------------
#Bananas

Posted By: D.Von Doom
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 5:56am
WTF DID I TELL YALL!!! came in 149 and walked down a 170 pounder

AND HE FOUGHT DIDNT JUST FIGHT HIS FIGHT CH3KK!!!!!!

-------------
I can only fall off in space...

Posted By: -Que-
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:01am
Money does it AGAIN!!!

-------------

Posted By: ch3kkgame
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:07am
Lmao @ D. He walked forward, but still fought his fight. Nigga went 10 rounds tho. I can't hate on mayweather. He did his thing. Although in all real shit a nigga who boxed for a few months went 10 rounds with mayweather. I bet floyd wouldn't make it out the first of an mma fight. Good shit gayweather tho.

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:08am
Mayweather* my bad. Lmao

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:23am
Bruh floyd didnt do anything normal...he beat conor ass using a rope or dope strategy. I hear the salt...keep that shit over there in mma...we winning in boxing not doing the stanky legs in later rounds

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:30am
Originally posted by D.Von Doom D.Von Doom wrote:

Bruh floyd didnt do anything normal...he beat conor ass using a rope or dope strategy. I hear the salt...keep that shit over there in mma...we winning in boxing not doing the stanky legs in later rounds

the salt is real. I dont mean ch3kk. we having a civilized debate. but some of these folks got mantears on maximum. I tried to tell yall this man folds lol.

-------------
#Bananas

Lmao, winning in boxing? A mma fighter went 10 rounds with y'all GOAT. That's a DUB. 

yea, ill stick with mma.

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:31am
Mayweather would get drug by mma rookies.

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:33am
and not to mention. I've seen boxers get gassed in 10 rounds.

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:33am
@neek they should have bet money. Already got the excuses and shade.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:35am
Originally posted by ch3kkgame ch3kkgame wrote:

and not to mention. I've seen boxers get gassed in 10 rounds.

EXCUSES.....
all this shade you a hater bro. ain't no hiding it now. all that talk is void

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:37am

I bet and won :) had to use a betting site cause every conor fan hit me with the "nahhhh" rofl.

-------------
#Bananas

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Neek Neek wrote:

I bet and won :) had to use a betting site cause every conor fan hit me with the "nahhhh" rofl.

Thats because they knew better

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:43am
@Doom, they still aint putting respect on the mans name tho.

-------------
#Bananas

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Neek Neek wrote:

@Doom, they still aint putting respect on the mans name tho.

I swear to god bro, they gone hate em no matter what

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:01am
I didn't like the nigga before the fight. I said you can't hate on the lil nigga. I ain't gotta kiss ass. That ain't me. Truth is what it is. He won on a boxing match. Went 10 rounds with a nigga who don't box. He got the W. Quit crying. Lmao, nigga he won. Fact is he wouldn't last a round in mma with a trash nigga. That's not hate. It's a matter of opinion, but we know he won't do that. He'll he ain't got to. So bruh, if you looking for me to say all the things you said about the nigga. It won't ever happen. I gave him his credit then called him a lil nigga. Lol, yea I did it. 

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:08am
I didn't even hate on the nigga. Y'all on the nigga band wagon so hard y'all Try and jump on a nigga who don't like him. I ain't got palm palms for any man. I stated the obvious with McGregor and when he lost it was what it was. I went back to playing rainbow 6 siege. Next month if mayweather fight a retarded Russian guess who I'm rooting for? No hate just me stating who I want to win. Back track all those convos. I said " McGregor can't beat this man in a,boxing match. As long as mayweather boxes hell get a W" well got damn. What happened? Mayweather boxed in a boxing match and won. Niggas ain't impressed. It's like when text heads jump into audio. You expect them to lose even if You root for em sometimes. Nigga won, he 50 and Hoe. I mean 0* lmao, celebrate nigga. Your boxing goat won.

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:17am
Originally posted by ch3kkgame ch3kkgame wrote:

I didn't even hate on the nigga. Y'all on the nigga band wagon so hard y'all Try and jump on a nigga who don't like him. I ain't got palm palms for any man. I stated the obvious with McGregor and when he lost it was what it was. I went back to playing rainbow 6 siege. Next month if mayweather fight a retarded Russian guess who I'm rooting for? No hate just me stating who I want to win. Back track all those convos. I said " McGregor can't beat this man in a,boxing match. As long as mayweather boxes hell get a W" well got damn. What happened? Mayweather boxed in a boxing match and won. Niggas ain't impressed. It's like when text heads jump into audio. You expect them to lose even if You root for em sometimes. Nigga won, he 50 and Hoe. I mean 0* lmao, celebrate nigga. Your boxing goat won.

Ain't no fucking crying over here and bandwagon? I've been watching his matches before he took over boxing. I'll just agree to disagree..and dodge the salt written in paragraphs

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:23am
Lmao, Salt? Nah, bruh. I say what I want. You know that, and fucking crying and bandwagon riding yes. 

Posted By: Cuba
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 10:32am
All I can say is I am truly shocked by this result

-------------

Posted By: Mission
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 12:05pm
Fight was rigged. And they ended it early. Was Bs McGregor was giving him the work most of the match.

-------------

Posted By: Cuba
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 12:21pm
Another example of mod corruption if you ask me

-------------

Posted By: CHAIN
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Mission Mission wrote:

Fight was rigged. And they ended it early. Was Bs McGregor was giving him the work most of the match.

You called it, brother. You're so on point.
McGregor took him to school.
His form and his boxing intelligence were immaculate.
11th round would have been his.

You see. What had happened was... Connor lost his balance.
That's how I see it. It's a farce.

Flloyd is no Alexander. Connor ate all his children.

It's crazy how on point you are.

-------------
+Sick-Witted+

Posted By: Rutter knows best
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 1:56pm
Def rigged how does a 49-0 boxer beat what is essentially an amateur boxer. Yeh money landed more, and cleaner but Conner does he have a cool hipster tatto on his chest? No, exactly. Ain't fooling nobody.

-------------
#bananas

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 3:17pm
Lol @ Mish. I ain't gone say he gave him work most of the fight. He did better than a lot of people expected, and it most certainly wasn't rigged. McGregor gassed really mid 9th, Gayweather knew it and him being the experienced boxer knew to turn it up at that point. Deserved victory for Gayweather. He 50 and Hoe now. He still a bitch tho. Gayweather fans will make it seem like he destroyed McGregor, I watched the entire fight. He didn't destroy, he won. Did pick him apart in the 10th tho. My thing is, it still took the so called GOAT of boxing 10 rounds to beat a,guy who boxed for a few months. Lol, i find that amusing. No rigged fight tho bruh.

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 3:21pm
@ Flame. The boxing gloves are more for fist protection than padding of faces. 

Posted By: Jay Homicide
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 3:52pm
Conor's been boxing most his fighting life, not just pure boxing though which is where his problem was always going to be. Anybody who expected Conor not to land, or be totally clueless as to what to do is dumb. They don't just wildly fling limbs at each other in mma and hope for the best, the technique is always there.

The whole 'if Floyd did mma' comparison is unfair too. Conor isn't somebody who never done any boxing, his MMA style is very much boxing heavy. Floyd literally would've never trained any kicking or grappling. The comparison would only work if it was someone like Damien Maia who he fought last night. For the UKers amongst us, the fight was more Chelsea vs Cambridge United, than it was sport a vs sport b. They both do boxing, just at different levels.

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:32pm
most predictions said if Floyd comes in old, flatfooted, willing to exchange that mcgregor would have this in the bag with ease.

most boxing fans countered that mcgregor is out of his depth entirely, so it doesnt matter what shape money shows up in, skills alone will win this fight. and thats something I see get ignored alot on social media.

folks act like mcgregor nearly beat a prime, sharp, accurate and defensive mayweather.

floyd let the man live when he stopped going to the body.

shouts to mcgregor for crossing over, that was dope even if it was purely for the loot.

-------------
#Bananas

Posted By: daydizzle89
Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:41pm
50-0 rigged as fuck

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by CHAIN CHAIN wrote:

You called it, brother. You're so on point.
McGregor took him to school.
His form and his boxing intelligence were immaculate.
11th round would have been his.

You see. What had happened was... Connor lost his balance.
That's how I see it. It's a farce.

Flloyd is no Alexander. Connor ate all his children.

It's crazy how on point you are.

lmfao hilarious

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:54pm
There's also a distinct difference between a hard puncher in boxing and MMA. Something that both Nate and Paulie have talked about. Nate said Conor hits hard, but compared to the boxers it's a different world. Then Paulie obviously said he hits hard, but boxers who have KO power have 'oh my god' power.

Also another fact to consider, bar Aldo Conor hasn't flatlined anybody else in the UFC. It's accumulative damage, knock down and ground and pound. In boxing it's not like that, and Floyd is a master of wrapping up people on the few times he's been rocked in his career. So, it was more than a case of Conor just needing that one shot. It'd have taken a knockdown, followed by landing more and more clean shots to get it to stop. Which was always going to be beyond him.

I'm an MMA fan boy over boxing, but there are certain athletes in every sport that you have to watch in awe of. Floyd is one of those guys, I imagine if he actually was an MMA fighter he'd have been just as top tier, given his top level fighter IQ and natural speed. I think if Conor focused purely on boxing he could actually become a pretty high level boxer too, but it'd take a while and he'd incur losses at first which would kill his fan base.

As I said before Conor won when the fight got made. The payday was his victory, that plus 50-0 was Floyd's. And he went out on a high note, which is good for him given the whole Manny debacle. Hopefully Conor goes back to MMA, but I think there will be issues around pay. I think the triology with Nate makes the most sense, though a part of me fears they might have the crazy notion of making that a boxing match with a McGregor Sports and Entertainment and UFC copromotion.

Posted By: Mission
Date Posted: 28 August 2017 at 6:55am
Watch the video footage of conor pulling punches. It definitely was shady. anyway i bootlegged it off instagram so no skin off my back. y'all go peep my new album when you have a chance it's fire.

-------------

Posted By: Goryo.
Date Posted: 28 August 2017 at 11:24am

Watch the video footage of conor pulling punches. It definitely was shady. anyway i bootlegged it off instagram so no skin off my back. y'all go peep my new album when you have a chance it's fire.

Or he didn't want to leave himself wide open against an elite counter puncher.

I knew Floyd wouldn't care about the first few rounds, he was just figuring him out. He was in no danger of being finished in an early round (like every Conor fanboy thought would happen). Shane Mosely couldn't capitalise on an early scare so how tf would Conor? I'm a big Conor fan (and wanted him to win, believe it or not) but it just wasn't feasible. The stoppage was fine too. What would happen if the ref didn't stop it? More clean punches to the head and a knockdown. If the fighter cannot protect themselves that's when the ref has to do the protecting.

Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 28 August 2017 at 3:10pm
I think the fight was always in the bag for Mayweather,the fact Conor took him ten
rounds was an achievement for him,but kind of drag for Mayweather,see from Conor's point of view it didn't matter if he lost as it wouldn't damage his rep,he stood only to
gain from this fight in (money rep respect),but Mayweather besides money wouldn't
gain because of the expectation ppl had to begin with,which is evident via all these
comments here,there's an old boxing saying,"you can only fight who's in front of you",
peace..

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Date Posted: 28 August 2017 at 3:51pm
Nah Floyd straight took him to school, he made Conor punch himself out to make him easy to finish. That aspect of it was just his fighter IQ being on point. What probably surprised Conor most is the lack of fear/respect he had for his power.

Date Posted: 28 August 2017 at 4:52pm
@ Mish. Bruh, as much as I'm a Conor fan and as much as I don't like Gayweather. It wasn't rigged bruh. Some of those punches that conor pulled back were because he had bad positioning and some were due to him not wanting to be countered. There is a difference between boxing punching power and mma punching power. It's all based around mechanics. Boxers fully extend to get POP in their punches, mma fighters don't do that in order to retrieve punches back for defensive set ups. I can't hate on the fight. I still think Gayweather shouldn't have let him go 10 rounds. Although I did see the method to his madness. It was calculated, he did get the W. It will be a lot of arguments off this fight, but Mish you the only person I've honestly see say it was rigged and that Conor threw the fight. I don't think it's in him to throw a fight. He gave it a great attempt, improved his punching a lot. Gayweather didn't fight that fight that would enable Conor to get a lucky punch in cause in all honesty that's what it would've been. He still a hoe tho.

Posted By: -Orion-
Date Posted: 30 August 2017 at 6:24pm
Fix = LOL

Mayweather in MMA = completely irrelevant, Jay's response to this on the previous page says almost everything I would have. I'll just add that yes, they both fight...rugby and American football both throw balls to cross a line, cricket and baseball both hit balls with bats... tennis and badminton both go at it with racquets... no one would expect anyone from the one sport to beat or outdo someone from the other...it's just this whole macho thing with 'fighting' that people are saying 'oh but Floyd wouldn't win in a cage', or Floyd wouldn't win in a 'real' fight...who gives a shit?!?!?! Yes, newsflash, 5'8 Floyd Mayweather isn't the toughest man alive!!! Conor wanted to try boxing because there's so much more money in it, that's it. That might change 50 years from now but right now that's what it is.

I actually thought it would go the distance because I wasn't sure Floyd would be able to knock him down and I thought, given he has had weeks and weeks and weeks, that Conor would be in better shape

Having said that, I seemed to miss Floyd's prediction in which he said the fight won't go the distance...if I had heard him say that, I would have changed my prediction to reflect it. Knowing he was going in with that mentality is a difference-maker

And yeah, Conor was in worse physical shape than I expected and Floyd in even better shape than expected (phenomenal really, at 40). The referee saved Conor's image and ego so much by stopping it before he went down. Conor's instinctive reaction that he wanted to keep fighting is not something he'll still be thinking to himself now he's had time to think about it

The outcome was never in question, beyond a 'puncher's chance' if Conor had come charging at Floyd and flattened him with a flailing arm. He was never gonna lay a meaningful glove on Floyd in any kind of conventional, legal, boxing approach. That goes for pretty much any experienced boxer never mind Floyd Mayweather. MAYBE, on that evidence, Conor could put up a good fight against a journeyman...but I still doubt it. And nobody would watch that shit.

I don't wanna diminish the whole 10 rounds thing, I don't, but that fight quite clearly could have been over as early as 6 or maybe 7 if that had been what Floyd was after (and that's taking the first 2 rounds off to take a look). But the first time Conor actually took a punch from Floyd was in the third and when he went to his corner at the end of the round you could see he just realised what he was dealing with. The fight was over then and the look on Floyd's face told you that too. It was 10 rounds but Floyd honestly wasn't worked at all. He took a decent uppercut and was completely unfazed (which goes to show what punching power is from a regular joe, to an MMA fighter, to a boxer) and spent the rest of the fight in a glorified spar with the guy

This is no achievement on Floyd's part other than the marketing of the fight (which was hysterical nonsense but it achieved its desired outcome)... From a personal POV, I guess he also gets some credit for making his 50th a completely unknown quantity and essentially putting his legacy on the line (losing that fight would have been tragic, whereas losing as Bolt just did in his final races for example wouldn't have been as bad...sure he would have got some abuse because of how unpopular he is in certain circles, but in LEGACY terms, the damage just wouldn't compare to losing a boxing match to a martial artist)

Again, as has been said, Conor knew he was almost certainly gonna lose going in and this was all about his payday and his profile. If he can leverage this and potential other boxing matches in his negotiations with UFC then I'm sure he will. Fact is, even he will have known he was only ever gonna win the fight if he came out swinging and got lucky, and the fact he made no attempt to do so (not REALLY) probably came on advice that if he doesn't give the massive audience at least something resembling a fight then it would have a pretty adverse affect on his "brand" (which it would have, despite the fact he would remain marketable) so he essentially went in with a gameplan to not get humiliated and therefore defeat was as good as guaranteed...so maybe it WAS a fix!!!

-------------
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .

Print Page | Close Window