Print Page | Close Window

Rap about your influences

Printed From: Lyrical Assault
Category: Emcee Lounge
Forum Name: Open Mic
Forum Description: This isnt a Battle Board, this is for your Freestyle Verses to be Rated by other members.
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45750
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 6:11pm

Topic: Rap about your influences
Posted By: D.W.G
Subject: Rap about your influences
Date Posted: 12 April 2018 at 8:59pm
Do any amount of bars you want, let’s see what you’ve all got! I’ll check at the end of the month, and announce the winner (no private msgs. I’m a newbie)

Replies:
Posted By: D.W.G
Date Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:54pm
Thanks MF DOOM, you made me change up my style, made me realise I needed more imagination, more variety in my rhymes, and rhinestone cowboy changed the way I spit, made me able to squeeze more rhymes in in less time, then/there’s Eminem, Dear slim, ya made me less afraid to go crazy with what I say, and told me that you can storytell by spitting Phlem,that you can rhyme almost anything using different inflection, Like DOOM, you caused a brain infection that made me rap ill Woah bro, you forgot about your family they handed me all the support, with this lyrical sport, and the oort oorts. This just about seals the deal.

Posted By: Sammy
Date Posted: 14 April 2018 at 3:52pm
ha doom and em are definitely good starting point for any hip hop writer in my estimation. i honestly thought u did well in deconstructing the style and how it related to your admiration of it. structure needs to be cleaned up big time, though. and you def have to learn the more technical side of writing to really paint the proper picture you imagine in your head. keep on.

-------------

Posted By: Lord Puente
Date Posted: 14 April 2018 at 8:02pm
I recommend you read this, it will help with structure and what not

%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/the-manual_topic44247.html

If the hyperlink don’t work just copy and paste it. When I click it it’s saying not found for some reason. If that’s the case just copy n paste.

-------------

Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 14 April 2018 at 10:00pm
Life In General.

To lady luck i owe this shout,also to a Guinness stout,
& to women with the pout,& my mates i'd never doubt,
Also to my father and mother RIP,& to the aid of poetry,
They helped in puberty,poems lifted me from my knees,

See an influence comes in many forms,but the majority comes from social norms,
& when turbulence hits on it we pour scorn,and when love fails our hearts are torn,
Problems add weight & touches nerves,but remember their there to guide n serve,
Their all real learning curves,which later in life troubles n woes we learnt to swerve,
And if you feel burnt out like an ember,and things seem dark as a night in December,
What's ahead is a different colour remember,take the bumps & knocks be a fender,

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Print Page | Close Window