Forum Name: Hip Hop Chit Chat
Forum Description: A Place to chat about HipHop
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46618
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 2:55pm

Topic: Gonna start producing
Posted By: Vellum
Subject: Gonna start producing
Date Posted: 29 September 2019 at 1:53pm
I got fl studio and fl studio mobile for the phone. Anyone have any tips for someone just getting into the beat making side of hip hop?

Replies:
Posted By: DjFlame2
Date Posted: 29 September 2019 at 9:48pm
Some tips:

1) If you don't have a MIDI keyboard, you can use the typing buttons.

2) Reddit has a ton of free drum kits at r/drumkits

3) Trap beats have snares/claps on the third beat, boom-bap has snares on the 2 and 4

4) ytmp3 to rip samples over youtube.

5) Sytrus has a ton of free presets you can download around.

6) Look up sidechaining

7) Learn some basic music theory

8) Manipulate samples via grossbeat and edison

Date Posted: 30 September 2019 at 1:25pm
Thanks a lot man I was lucky in that my fl studio came with all of my boys soundfonts and drum kits he’s been producing since we were kids I got the alchemist drum kit, 9th wonder, dr. Dre, j dilla, Anno Domini etc. and I have so many soundfonts I don’t even know where to start. I appreciate the advice I was definitely looking for a reliable site to rip mp3s from YouTube and it looks like you provided that. I’ll probably never make a trap beat but I always knew the 2 and the 4 were where the snares go on a boom bap beat occasionally I’ll switch it up and leave a snare out and whatever but anyways ... what daw are you using flame?

Date Posted: 30 September 2019 at 1:29pm
I think I’m naturally pretty decent I’m just gonna have to get better at transitions from the verses to the choruses etc. I’m not a complete rookie cuz I been watching my boy do it long enough and gettin taught various things from him long enough that I always been good enough to whip up a quick bass line, decent melody and some pretty hard drum loops. My boys always liked freestyling to my beats when I make em love but now I want to get into composing actual songs and I’d like to learn more about sampling. I have a few songs in my head that I absolutely need to sample

Date Posted: 30 September 2019 at 1:30pm
Make em live**

Date Posted: 18 September 2021 at 6:23am
Wow I can’t believe how far I came but over all I prefer writing and producing was taking time away from that. A lot of time

Print Page | Close Window