Forum Description: This is for all the General Topics
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46834
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 11:49pm

Topic: The 2020 Tournament
Posted By: Rapper T
Subject: The 2020 Tournament
Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 12:57pm
It's 2020

Following a viral outbreak of COVID-19, the advent of the 5G network and the potential death of the owner of LA; Scotty32 RIP it has been decided by unanimous decision that there is the need for a new tournament.

The 2020 Tournament

A battle to the KO or unanimous decision of defeat among those left standing on the LA frontline.

Text and audio

The rules are simple.

State your interest below by adding a post in the thread and submitting your interest in taking part in the text or audio battle roster, or both. There are 16 spots in the text and 8 spots in the audio tournaments in total.

Battlers will have 14 days to write their bars once I draw the roster. Verses are to be 8 bars or 16 lines in length. If there are no decisive votes on the battles after 7 days once the verse is posted, then I will vote in an unbiased manner and decide on the winner to continue to the next round.

If you duck, you duck and timeframes will be accurately adhered to once the roster is drawn up. All battlers will be required to check into their battles once the battles are created. If you don't both check in then your battle will be discontinued and parties that check-in will progress to successive rounds but parties that fail to check-in will be disqualified.

Do you think you have what it takes to beat the best of the best of LA?

Come one, come all and register your interest with just a simple tournament entry post.

The person I judge as the best voter will win a
cash money prize.

The person that wins the 2020 Tournament will also win a
cash money prize and potentially earn a $100 USD bonus cash prize from Beans. Unfortunately Neek would only donate $100 to the tournament if Cuba was running it but Cuba doesn't think we can drum up the interest or run it or he would have put $1000 up as a prize too.

Are you there LA? Are you ready for a resurgence, to remind the internet who we are and where our artforms were garnished? To prove to Cuba that we do have what it takes to rally as a community and fuck each other up lyrically?

Will Orion come out of his hibernation in the law firm? Will Arthur see his name mentioned and be excited to try his hand at winning another tournament? Will Beans try his hand against worthy opponents? Can Neek and the Ukrainian guy from the Discord 'Fuck Y'all' forum put aside their differences and take part in an event for the culture? Is Shankley up to come through and show us his shanking? Do the mods want to be active members of this website? Is The Law working for the people? Would a mod draw up an award for the winner of this tournament? Will this tournament fill the Battlefield up with threads that mods don't clear for years? Is Scotty alive?

Have the chance to maybe find out some of the answers to these questions and more in the 2020 LA Tournament.

Register your interest below. Ask questions if you fucking have to. Troll the board with inflammatory shit if you must. Invite your friends to drum up interest but not to dickride you with votes. Dickriding votes don't count and I'll be making sure no-ones just trying to milk Beans of his milktoast money. If we can reach the numbers and/or more than what is required with people actively engaging and checking into this event it will go ahead and has the potential to reignite the LA flame for eternity!

The 2020 Tournament

Enter now!
Register your interest below

Entries close October 31st, 2020. I'm either hosting this shit or not. We gonna get enough interest LA?

Disclaimer: Scotty32 might not be dead, it's something daydizzle said in Discord last year or something and he reckoned someone else is running the site now. Neek reckons he's not dead and Kay B reckons he's not dead and someone else reckons they talk to him all the time but he used to be active af here and I haven't seen him for a couple of years or so so he might be dead I guess, cannot really confirm or deny so my bad in advance if that first part of this post had you like whoa. Cash money is in NZD and will be between $50 and $100 depending on what your bars and that are like, if you're shit and you just win by disqualifications you'd really be just lucky and shit so here's hoping that there is even the interest in this event. If you need help with mixing and mastering and shit for audio holler and I'll see what I can do. If ur just gonna be a fuckwit troll then fuckin' off with ur head and go hit up some Discord forum or something. If u know of the whereabouts of Scotty or members of the site that might be interested in this shit you better fucking let them know and don't enter this shit if you're just gonna be a fucking loser and not get into it and bring people down with bad buzz. If u do you'll just look like an idiot cos we all thrive in toxic environments here, lets be honest. If there's not enough battlers to enter to make a round number then I'll enter too and you better hope I don't have to vote for myself and if we don't get enough battlers to make the 16 or 8 required for text or audio then fuck it so what at least we gave it a shot you know what I'm saying. Bring it on motherfuckers, is there anyone still alive that knows how to battle in an LA tournament or did this site just used to be kind of cool in a period of time in history. If I can't answer your questions then the help that you need might potentially come from somewhere else than that that I can provide. Mods were keen on a tourny and I figured I can just do this shit cos noone else is doing fuck all here lets be honest this place has been dead. Here's to a lit fire under LA's ass motherfuckers.

Replies:
Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 9:54pm

Count me in for text battle(s)..and i'll vote regardless of any prizes..peace.

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Posted By: AshleyKaos
Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:10pm
Rapper T..... We should discuss this more in the other thread more before just throwing up a post like this. It's sloppy we have nothing for sure put together we dont even have a name for the event this isn't even the right category to post this in fam

-------------
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME

Posted By: CHAIN
Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:25pm
Count me in for (conceptual) text battles.

-------------
+Sick-Witted+

Posted By: spume corrupt
Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:32pm
Rapper T Ash is right when she says this is sloppy, BUT DAMN GUY, you really did make me laugh and that is half the battle

I’m not a humble guy so I will say this to anyone, “ it was my hype, my humour and my massive effort that made the biggest tournament in LA’s contemporary history go off” 32 members battling down to a single winner
But back then I had the community to support me and we collaborated to make it successful

You and Ash should work together, I will help, start to formulate something together do it quickly but don’t rush it and def drop using colours in text.....
Get at me on pm if either you two want, I been here long time and seen enough tournaments, and dropped enough mags and related hype ups
Even won some don’t you know
G luck

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:32pm
Aiit so we got CHAIN and Crimson Juice on board. I think Ashley is on board too but not sure, TBC.

Who else.

Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:35pm
Sign me up check check

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:41pm
@spume are you in?

The roster is building momentum.

Crimson Juice
CHAIN
Ashley Kaos
spume corrupt TBC

Who else.

Date Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:43pm
P.s post is funny af though lol

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2020 at 7:33am
Confirmed so far for The Tournament 2020:

Crimson Juice
CHAIN
Ashley Kaos
spume corrupt

Who else is gonna get in on this? Come on, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Stalin has said he'll be helping out if we can get this going and DJFlame said he's keen but he hasn't managed to post in this thread yet. Watch this space and register your interest now!

Posted By: Beans
Date Posted: 17 October 2020 at 2:54pm
In for reg/pic roast battle

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Posted By: Absolute Abomination
Date Posted: 17 October 2020 at 5:09pm
yall figure this out and lemme know...im always down for the site banding together.

but god damn T why'd you make it so many colours i cant read that shit

-------------
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.

Date Posted: 17 October 2020 at 10:36pm
Confirmed so far for The Tournament 2020:

Crimson Juice
CHAIN
Ashley Kaos
spume corrupt
Beans
Absolute Abomination

Who else is in?

ROLL CALL!!!

13 days...

Posted By: Concrete
Date Posted: 19 October 2020 at 6:21pm
If it's happening I'm there reppin the legendary 2013 gen.

Date Posted: 19 October 2020 at 8:49pm
The 2020 Tournament is taking shape...

Attendees confirmed thus far:

Crimson Juice (2015)
CHAIN (2006)
Ashley Kaos (2013)
spume corrupt (2011)
Beans (2013)
Absolute Abomination (2015)
Concrete (2013)

We're nearly at half capacity for the text tournament, with noone entered in the audio category yet. Are YOU going to take part in this historical event? Find out next time in The 2020 Tournament!

Date Posted: 23 October 2020 at 12:16am
Come on wtf people

-------------

Date Posted: 23 October 2020 at 3:19pm
Won’t get interest if this place looks dead as fucky

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Posted By: Cuba
Date Posted: 24 October 2020 at 11:17am

-------------

Date Posted: 25 October 2020 at 7:33am
Is that you in Cuba?

Posted By: Brotha Goose
Date Posted: 26 October 2020 at 4:28pm
Throw in a topical battle and im in

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2020 at 12:18am
So we got cuba and brotha goose ? We can make the final round a topical battle and reg battle combined we have to talk about the opponent and topic at the same time that would be challenging and cool

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2020 at 12:19pm
I know i might be over stepping the mark here, or im maybe being optimistic or i've
got misty optics, but if enough ppl jump in this tourney i'd prefer to do topicals also,
but hey we can all wish right..peace.

#letsdothisppl.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2020 at 10:56pm
The 2020 Tournament contenders thus far:

Crimson Juice (2015)
CHAIN (2006)
Ashley Kaos (2013)
spume corrupt (2011)
Beans (2013)
Concrete (2013)
Cuba (2004) TBC
Brotha Goose (2013)

There are 9 active members/moderators of the site who have registered interest and if I have to step up to the plate I will to enter in this tournament too but hopefully I don't and can just run it. 

Will 7 more people register? Is it worth a bonus prize tournament between those who have expressed interest if we don't get over 15? Shall we wait to start the tournament until after October 31st until over 16 people register or just drop the idea all together?

DJFlame expressed interest but didn't post in here yet and I've asked Nigma if he wants to join now it looks like we'll include a round that takes on a topical twist. 

Cuba just said 'surprise motherfuckers' so I don't know if he's registered his interest for sure yet in which case 8 applicants are still required to join. Will you?

Date Posted: 27 October 2020 at 11:28pm
Ill talk to Manc, Exo, and DTK.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 October 2020 at 5:11am
Awesome!! Tell them to enter by posting in this thread !!!! :)

-------------

Posted By: D-NoS
Date Posted: 29 October 2020 at 3:45am
Cool idea, i'm down for some text

-------------
https://dnos.bandcamp.com

https://soundcloud.com/dnos_aka_dicey

Date Posted: 29 October 2020 at 6:34am

Crimson Juice (2015)
CHAIN (2006)
Ashley Kaos (2013)
spume corrupt (2011)
Beans (2013)
Concrete (2013)
Cuba (2004) TBC
Brotha Goose (2013)
D-NoS (2014)

There are 10 active members/moderators of the site who have registered interest and if I have to step up to the plate I will to enter in this tournament too but hopefully I don't and can just run it. 

Will 6 more people register? Is it worth a bonus prize tournament between those who have expressed interest if we don't get over 15? Shall we wait to start the tournament until after Hallows Eve until over 16 people register or just drop the idea all together?

DJFlame said he keeps meaning to login to register but still hasn't and Nigma probably won't enter he reckons.

Cuba has still just said 'surprise motherfuckers' with a .gif so I don't know if he's registered his interest for sure yet in which case 7 applicants are still required to join. Will you? Will the 2020 Tournament go ahead or prove further that the art of text battles is a dying medium?

Date Posted: 31 October 2020 at 9:05am
Well this motherfucker ain't been getting popped off yet and it's the due date.

Since we just need another 6 or 7 applicants, I'll leave applications open for another week. November 7th if we have enough entries this'll kick off but if we don't it can just kick on.

Will it go ahead? Find out next time on the next installment of The Tournament 2020!

Posted By: iLL ScriptureZ
Date Posted: 01 November 2020 at 6:24pm
Fuck it, I’ll sign up just bc I love LA

Posted By: DjFlame2
Date Posted: 01 November 2020 at 11:08pm
Can finally sign in lol

Date Posted: 02 November 2020 at 1:17am

Crimson Juice (2015)
CHAIN (2006)
Ashley Kaos (2013)
spume corrupt (2011)
Beans (2013)
Concrete (2013)
Cuba (2004) TBC
Brotha Goose (2013)
D-NoS (2014)
iLL ScriptureZ (2014)
DJFlame2 (2019)

There are now 12 active members/moderators of the site who have registered interest and if I have to step up to the plate I will to enter in this tournament too but hopefully I don't and can just run it.

Cuba has still just said 'surprise motherfuckers' with a .gif so I don't know if he's registered his interest for sure yet in which case 5 applicants are still required to join. Will you? 

Will the 2020 Tournament go ahead or prove further that the art of text battles is a dying medium?

Posted By: Blissful Barrage
Date Posted: 02 November 2020 at 6:42am
Right..I meant to already get in on this. Add me on this..

Date Posted: 02 November 2020 at 6:58am

Crimson Juice (2015)
CHAIN (2006)
Ashley Kaos (2013)
spume corrupt (2011)
Beans (2013)
Concrete (2013)
Cuba (2004) TBC
Brotha Goose (2013)
D-NoS (2014)
iLL ScriptureZ (2014)
DJFlame2 (2019)
Blissful Barrage (2013)

13 active members/moderators of the site have registered interest.

If I have to step up to the plate I will to enter in this tournament too.

Cuba has still just said 'surprise motherfuckers' with a .gif so I don't know if he's registered his interest for sure yet in which case 4 applicants are still required to join. Will you? 

Will the 2020 Tournament go 'head, get down?

Date Posted: 02 November 2020 at 7:04am
Thnks ill....sup flame

-------------

Posted By: levy420
Date Posted: 02 November 2020 at 8:41am
Wait what happened to scotty

-------------
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines

Date Posted: 02 November 2020 at 9:32am
Scotty lives.

Is that you in levy?

Date Posted: 04 November 2020 at 1:42am
I'll be down for topicals got alot of rust to shake off but I'll str8 battle to if needed whatever to help the forum an bring scooter back to life

-------------

Date Posted: 04 November 2020 at 1:51am
Dope @levy

Crimson Juice (2015)
CHAIN (2006)
Ashley Kaos (2013)
spume corrupt (2011)
Beans (2013)
Concrete (2013)
Cuba (2004) TBC
Brotha Goose (2013)
D-NoS (2014)
iLL ScriptureZ (2014)
DJFlame2 (2019)
Blissful Barrage (2013)
levy420 (2013)

14 active members/moderators of the site have registered interest.

Cuba has still just said 'surprise motherfuckers' with a .gif so I don't know if he's registered his interest for sure yet in which case 3 applicants are still required to join. Will you? 

Will the 2020 Tournament be going ahead? Does LA have 2 or 3 more members to sign-up for this tournament so it can kick off?

Date Posted: 05 November 2020 at 1:51am
Levyyyyyyyyy!!!

-------------

Posted By: Stalin
Date Posted: 06 November 2020 at 5:24am
This for LA, so im signing in my account again
So now you can just fuckin count me in

-------------
+Sick-Witted+

Date Posted: 06 November 2020 at 5:30am

Crimson Juice (2015)
CHAIN (2006)
Ashley Kaos (2013)
spume corrupt (2011)
Beans (2013)
Concrete (2013)
Cuba (2004) TBC
Brotha Goose (2013)
D-NoS (2014)
iLL ScriptureZ (2014)
DJFlame2 (2019)
Blissful Barrage (2013)
levy420 (2013)
Stalin (2003)

15 active members/moderators of the site have registered interest.

Cuba has still just said 'surprise motherfuckers' with a .gif so I don't know if he's registered his interest for sure yet in which case 2 applicants are still required to join. Will you? 

Will the 2020 Tournament be going ahead? Does LA have 1 or 2 more members to sign-up for this tournament so it can kick off?

Date Posted: 06 November 2020 at 5:47am
Well if you include yourself then we have enough members and can begin

-------------

Date Posted: 07 November 2020 at 3:52am
Yeah facts, aiit lets get it poppin'.

I'm about to add the battles to the Battlefield over the next few minutes. If Cuba doesn't show up to check-in then it looks like Stalin will be getting through on default and I'll step up to the plate to enter and bring the numbers to 16. I'll post the roster and a thread for shit talking in after the battles go up.

Lets get this motherfucking thing started ae.

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 4:31pm
Are we pm'ing the verses or dropping them in tye battle thread?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 5:41pm
@Brotha in thread

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:03pm
Are the verses going to be visible to our opponents before they drop or are we dropping blind? Im done with mine, just don't want AA getting 2 weeks to flip my bars 😂😂😏

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:38pm

@BG, i'd pm him and ask him to let you know via a pm when he's ready to drop, as
for me i can't even start to put pen to paper untill the weekend..lol..peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 7:25pm
Feel free to wait until he drops or the 21st, imo flips detrain from good verse in this context so it wholly shouldn't matter even if you dropped first. If it's really gonna be a thing I'd look at doing it by pm and shit but idk how much capacity the old inbox has up in this site fr so I'd prefer it straight in thread steez

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 12:40am
I went ahead and dropped...bruh I went on kid though!😂😂😂

-------------

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:52am
--on my phone atm, I'll drop in an hr or so when I'm home--

Looks like you ain't gonna get to do that topical after all...smh

-------------

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 6:01pm
We allowed to drop votes yet??

-------------

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 6:05pm
@levy if you want and u vote fairly and with some good points by all means if a couple of battles are posted in thread, get a vote in!

Date Posted: 11 November 2020 at 8:06am
Lol the voting didn't occur to me.

It'd be weird if participants could vote on battles, no?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 November 2020 at 9:15am
Voting is encouraged from participants but I finna be ruthless assessing the votes for fairness so don't even try vote for urself AA

Date Posted: 11 November 2020 at 10:23am
Nah I mean, normally participants wouldnt be able to vote since they could rig it in a way they think benefits them in future rounds.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 November 2020 at 10:34am
Well i've just cast a vote in the first completed battle, i'm quite excited about this
tourney, due to the match ups,respect T..peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 November 2020 at 12:29pm
so far the voting has been really lazy. serves as a reminder why text battling is a dead form.

calling yall out levy and t. vote me to lose, thats fine. goose did his thing. but dont be lazy about it.

the way yall broke shit down was so sad to see. its like you want the rapper to explain every bar to you. and that aint me. yall must be on Genius.com every time you cop a new album. cant think for yourselves, cant do the work yourselves. yall broke down my whole verse as every 1st line is a setup and every 2nd is the punch. like you never saw a battle before? talk about elevation like yall dont need to elevate your understanding of the battle youre judging lol. do the knowledge.

p.s. i didnt flip anything, i wrote my drop as soon as i saw i my opponent and didnt change it based on his drop. hilarious youd assume otherwise LOL

tldr; yall mad lazy.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 November 2020 at 12:34pm
Just lax with the salt AA ur just not that good

Date Posted: 14 November 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Absolute Abomination Absolute Abomination wrote:

so far the voting has been really lazy. serves as a reminder why text battling is a dead form.

calling yall out levy and t. vote me to lose, thats fine. goose did his thing. but dont be lazy about it.

the way yall broke shit down was so sad to see. its like you want the rapper to explain every bar to you. and that aint me. yall must be on Genius.com every time you cop a new album. cant think for yourselves, cant do the work yourselves. yall broke down my whole verse as every 1st line is a setup and every 2nd is the punch. like you never saw a battle before? talk about elevation like yall dont need to elevate your understanding of the battle youre judging lol. do the knowledge.

p.s. i didnt flip anything, i wrote my drop as soon as i saw i my opponent and didnt change it based on his drop. hilarious youd assume otherwise LOL

tldr; yall mad lazy.

You sound like a cunt

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Date Posted: 14 November 2020 at 5:45pm
🔺🔺🔺🤣🤣🤣🤣

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2020 at 12:07am

Just a question to T here, is it the first to 3 votes a ko, and the 1st to 3 votes out
of 5 a wins?...as you haven't stipulated it in the rules in each battle, plus it'll help
when a mod is closing them on completion..peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2020 at 12:14am
3-0 kos are trash

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Date Posted: 16 November 2020 at 12:43am
Standard rules CJ first to 3 or 5 u know how it is, if there's not enough votes or disagreements I'll have a final say but hopefully won't need to..

Date Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:45pm
@rapper t @concrete I may need the ext for our battle till Sunday nigh 11:59pm est if that’s cool. Busy with work before I head out of town

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Posted By: Vellum
Date Posted: 18 November 2020 at 6:06am
I would love to enter both text and audio. PLEASE SIGN ME UP!!

Date Posted: 18 November 2020 at 6:12am
@Beans try to get it in before the 21st but if Concrete is chill with u taking longer than 2 weeks then so be it, voting is gonna be decided on the 28th so it just means less days for votes on the battle.

@Vellum ur literally like 2 weeks late. If someone no-shows, just cos of ur eagerness there's a chance that you could step-up to one of the next rounds, but it's slim as fuck and u might not even be active for it innit. I'll decide based on how active you are over the next while with posts and shit. Chur

Date Posted: 18 November 2020 at 7:01am
All I'm seeing is text. Is round 2 audio or is that just off the table? Either way I do hope for a no-show I've been on a hiatus for a very long time but I feel as hunger as the I don't know 9,10,11 year old me holding a poster of Eminem that was nearly as tall as I was on the day that I told my cousin that I wanted to be a rapper and he surprised me by saying he did too and actually already had a book of rhymes. Before thanksgiving I will have my dream studio fully set up. I already have all the equipment I need and if I don't have it in my possession it's in the mail and on it's way. I just went out and bought a 3 pack of legal pads so I can get back into writing lyrics again.

Date Posted: 18 November 2020 at 9:41pm
Vellum we did sheeps cloak together i believe ?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Rapper T Rapper T wrote:

@Beans try to get it in before the 21st but if Concrete is chill with u taking longer than 2 weeks then so be it, voting is gonna be decided on the 28th so it just means less days for votes on the battle.

@Vellum ur literally like 2 weeks late. If someone no-shows, just cos of ur eagerness there's a chance that you could step-up to one of the next rounds, but it's slim as fuck and u might not even be active for it innit. I'll decide based on how active you are over the next while with posts and shit. Chur

Spoke with con over PM. He’s cool
With it

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Posted By: Mitch.Wagwaan
Date Posted: 20 November 2020 at 2:04pm
Jeez been gone a minute. LA is alive and popping! I’ll drop some votes when I’m home from work.

Date Posted: 21 November 2020 at 8:45pm
Cuba an stalin as well as chain an scriptures I've read both y'all's battles like 6 times will be leaving a bar by bar breakdown prolly one today one tomorrow if I can't get em both done tonight both these battles are gonna be close y'all did ya thang
Ashley an t I won't be voting on y'all's match because ash is crew but y'all both did good as a whole it's looking good so far hopefully everyone drops
Props for putting this together T

-------------

Posted By: Concrete
Date Posted: 21 November 2020 at 10:02pm
Damnit. 
Realized I lost track and went overboard with 18..
Is okay if Beans also drop 18? 

Date Posted: 21 November 2020 at 10:08pm
@Concrete if you both drop 18 that'll make up for Stalins 12 but if he's only got 16 that'll be aiit and if it's 18 that'll be aiit too. His extension is up tomorrow and we've got until the 28th for voting until the next round is gonna generate with the winners. Esskettit

Date Posted: 21 November 2020 at 10:52pm
Word I’ll post tomorrow

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Posted By: Dimand Emreld
Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 5:00am
Yoooo put me in the Tourney but....

-10 lines
-First to 3 votes
-7 day due date
-You have to agree , before you spit.

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 8:46am
Too late vote on the battles contribute drop a open mic or something

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 6:00pm
Dj flame 1 or dj flame 2 it'd be cool if u dropped ur verse today

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 6:16pm
Guys just to let y'all know,i'm busy with work at the moment, but i'm off tomorrow so i'll
be hitting up on the voting scene then..peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 7:03pm
You should work tomorrow as well

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 8:55pm
Spume an bliss I'm going over ur battle now should have a vote for y'all by the end of my shift tonight good shit from both gonna have to re read both verses before giving my opinion

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by DJFlame2 DJFlame2 wrote:

Levy got me pretty good, figure I'll just hang my head in shame

Flame might not be battling as per the above. If that's the case and he doesn't drop today levy420 gets a hall pass to the next round. Beans reckons he's dropping today and then it's votes on for until the next round drops on the 28th. Chur

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 9:43pm
Dam when did he say that???

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 9:45pm
About 10 mins ago up in discord

Date Posted: 22 November 2020 at 11:27pm
Does that mean there's going to be an open spot? (possibly?)

Posted By: Stalin
Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:16am
Not sure about that since levy already dropped his verse direct to flame.. we'd have to put the rest of the tournament on hold to bring someone else in and give both time to write

-------------
+Sick-Witted+

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:26am
I figured as much. I asked that before I actually looked at the battle verses that are complete. I wasn't sure at the time if there might have been another possible future no-show. Anyways, props to everyone doing there thing in this tournament. I was wondering if there's going to be an audio part or if that is just something that was being discussed and never came to fruition?

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 8:57pm
Aiit so Crimson Juice is out here closing Brotha Goose and Absolute Abominations battle early, we all know standard rules are 3 votes KO and if it's not a 3-0 cos of a vote the other way such as their battle which was 3-1, the battle should have stayed open until it got to first at five votes.

The battle should be re-opened but as it's disabled by the moderator maybe he's not capable of doing this now. It's only 4 days more that voting is going it's not that hard to leave battles open until they're finished is it? Lets be honest, BG would probably win so maybe we just let sleeping dogs lie.

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:04pm
100%

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:06pm
I'm not closing battles early, the rules state 3-0 KO,and the best of 5 votes....peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:10pm
3+1=4

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:15pm
3+2 =5,so at 3-2 the guy with 2 still couldn't win,unless it's the best of 7 votes..

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:21pm
I was always under the understanding that it's 3-0 ko or first to 5 if it's not a ko an that's been what I thought was the standard especially in a tournament no hate twords crimson or shade thrown just prematurely drew a conclusion that's ultimately gonna stand either way these battles have had a rather surprising turn out again props for T an whomever else helped organize the event cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:25pm
But @Crimson Juice you closed their battle at 3-1 not 3-2. And yeah I always thought it was first to 5 if it didn't close at a KO too but I see the site rules definitely say first at 5 now, in which case Brotha Goose and Absolute Abominations battle was closed early.

@Crimson Juice where did you get 3-2 from?

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:31pm

Ok let's pretend it's 3-1, which equals 4 votes,there is only 1 vote left before
reaching 5 and even if it went to the battle with 1 vote now making it 3-2, 5
votes have been cast..

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:35pm
So at 3+1 the guy couldn't win..peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:37pm
So if 3 is the most votes you need to win any battle why would there be a best out of 5 rule? Does anyone know when the rule changed from first to five votes?

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:39pm
It's not the best out of 5, it's the best "of" 5..

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:40pm
I mean that means the same thing. Do you not know when that rule changed @Crimson Juice?

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:43pm
Just before i became a mod i believe, when they started allowing crew votes to be
counted also..peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:46pm
Oh true, if votes over 3 don't matter anymore it should just be first to 3 now then right? Who cares if it's best out of 5 or best of 5 if they're just gonna get closed at 4?

Print Page | Close Window