Print Page | Close Window

T2T Round 1: Beans vs Concrete

Printed From: Lyrical Assault
Category: Battle Ground
Forum Name: Text Battle Archive
Forum Description: This is where all the closed battles go.
URL: http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46855
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 11:05am

Topic: T2T Round 1: Beans vs Concrete
Posted By: Rapper T
Subject: T2T Round 1: Beans vs Concrete
Date Posted: 07 November 2020 at 4:04am
The 2020 Tournament
Round One: Text (standard rules)

Beans vs Concrete

Verses are to be 8 bars or 16 lines in length.

Battlers have 14 days from now to write their bars.

If there are no decisive votes on the battle after 7 days once the verse is posted, then I will vote in an unbiased manner and decide on the winner to continue to the next round.

If a battler ducks, due to timeframes being accurately adhered to, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, I'll be calling it a duck. 

If you don't both check in then your battle will be discontinued and parties that check-in will progress to successive rounds but parties that fail to check-in will be disqualified.

Battlers must check-in to the battle in order to proceed.

GO

Replies:
Posted By: Concrete
Date Posted: 07 November 2020 at 4:02pm
Checked.

Posted By: Beans
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 3:15pm
Hello

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Posted By: Concrete
Date Posted: 21 November 2020 at 9:57pm

aka KillSpree, 
yet versus me I'm one on a first degree murder streak 
call me bad chef fits perfectly, I'm just serving beans
win the tourney? please, being dope you can't claim
tell women you not average, they label that man's plain
damn shame, battling noobs to the top, better stop
cant see Orion as the equivalent of a broken telescope
with sub-lethal lines you'll pay the ultimate price
most impressive feature: zero life on multiple sites
imagining clever nameflips until his head fractures
pull any Connery here and wind up as the dead actor
B a veteran? peep Cubas L line on how to weather storms
and removing u from any forum turns it to a better form
an absolute abomination, my punches leave more bruises
brutally beat you, good sport or not, another sore loser
making peeps snore, useless unlike this champion cruising
I dunno whats more monotonous, your bars or ambient music
I'll swiftly hand him grief trying to dismantle Crete
cos like Rapper T, you're just out of your damn league

Posted By: Beans
Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 1:07am

his names Terje..pronounce Tay-Ruh.

(Expos for Crimson either way I know I won’t win but I need to explain shit to him)

-He got abused by PointBlank
-I Beat him in the 1-2 League
-Headstones/graves stand up
-Forestay/Force Tay- Tay is his name
-Concrete has a OM titled Stepping Stone
-Ok Crim if you google Phillip Rivers he’s a QB and just threw a interception vs GB to blow their lead
-Ok Crim... Con and I beefed. And then we had a crew battle... Empire won the crew battle. A crew is something you should google incase you don’t know and I have a good feeling you don’t know...
-ok so His name is Terje... T Top is on a Pontiac Trans Am... that’s a car crim. A Caaaaaarrrrrrrrr

hit you w/a Wave of punches! You ain’t harder on text
S’like how we saw Point Break your neck...I’m Float’n over your Watered concepts
My crew get sick w/it & we know you ain’t known for threats
You still couldn’t see me @ 1 Bar, even w/a mask & a Negative Covid Test
Get this Hard Rock to the face right, so your winning faith light
Next time Concrete Stands Tall in a Field? I’ll be spitting on his GraveSite
B/c Rappers bracket? You Sinkin to death, clown
Hit you w/this Forestay! & Sail right into the next round
You were texts rep of thrones, Beans cause death in tones
Walking over you & everyone in your crew is my version of “Stepping stones”
This Colt Action? Damage your throat & face
Then Phillip Rivers w/Cons Body parts after Drowning him w/these Throw Aways
Our OM beef? No respect was how things were rash’d
I saw Con Diss Ending, & then Empire patronized how much Syn is trash
We’ll Drive up, aim for the head & ruin this mans plan
One shot’ll Remove T Top! Then we’ll pull body parts off my Trans Am

-------------
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ

Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 23 November 2020 at 6:40pm
Aww all them expos for an little old me, well you wasted your time as i know a
head stone is erect,i also know a Trans Am has a split roof and was in Smokey
And The Bandit, but i didn't know who the QB was though, not that it mattered
much as it was weak bar anyways, and as for his name i knew that too, still all
them explanation wasn't a complete waste though, as it'll help you to improve
your English, with all them made up abbreviations that you alone use..

So this was a close one to call really, both verses were punch heavy i thought, they
both had cool openers and closing bars and little to no fillers, i feel Beans had the
more aggression whilst Concrete had a statement-ish vibe popping off..

Con

(So you went the clowning route here which worked, nothing that made me go wow
though, i get that women would look down on him rather than up at him and all, but
it was on the light side)

(Nice bar as i remember when Orion just brushed Beans aside without even battling
him, the only gripe i do have with this bar was it barely, if at all rhymes, still it was a
nice observational bar, even if the telescope line was broke..lol)

(Your laying into him having no life/personality here,just a few bars in and still your
enforcing it, so i'll type cool concept, i'm liking this approach)

(Nice w/play here, really liked the double entendre on the Connery punch, clever and
witty to boot)

(Again another clever hit with the w/play in this bar too, and it landed well also, came
direct with a hint of aggression entow and a dash of schooling/callous-ness)

(Again with the doubling up effect on the punch via w/play, sore as in beaten and sore
as in n feelings, yeah I liked it)

(This bar had a gentle vibe for a battle bar, but it made me smirk still and it was relevant,
then when i read it again it came off as witty and clever, i almost missed the champion
cruising/snoring jab in the first line because it seemed unassuming)

Beans

(Actually that was a cool punch, blunt and direct,nice w/play to tie sick in the
first line with Covid, and the see me part too)

(Liked this one also, (without the need for your expos), the set up was nice as
was the punch via concrete/head stone, cool bar here)

(I liked this bar more form the personal aspect rather than the intended punch,
but the whole concept was slick for me, rope/sails/sinking, nice bar)

(Plain and simply putt this was cool, i like the fact your staying away from using
prefixes of "con" and using his alias directly, and using other avenues such as ag-
gregate/stone, clever)

(Nah this bar was not my cup of tea, i'm not keen on gun talk/play at best, and
coupled with the QB mistake/giveaway just felt weak, just my opinion here, as i
don't care for American Football either)

(phew, back to the decent bars again, i liked it, nothing too hard but it had merit
and relevance)

Well this was actually a cool battle, i enjoyed both verses here, and to be honest
i'm finding it hard to call a winner here because it was so close, perhaps this was
a battle for the later rounds of the tourney, so props guys, ok so now I have to make
a choice of on who i thought won, it boils down to who was more consistent and
creative overall, as both were equal in the punch/personals department, and for that
it was Concrete, here why, he had that creativity constructing double puns with his
offering, i know that may seem lame but hey you have to work with what you got or
see..

Vote.. Concrete..peace.

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Posted By: Rapper T
Date Posted: 24 November 2020 at 4:37am
Concrete:

aka KillSpree, 
yet versus me I'm one on a first degree murder streak 
call me bad chef fits perfectly, I'm just serving beans

Aiit I've read this a few times and I can't fault the style firstly, and the knowledge dropped in the opener is dope. More of a connection between the bad chef part in the first line could have tied it together tighter but that versus me/murder streak/perfectly/serving beans inner and outer multi scheme was mean.

The personal here is pretty funny but idk for me saying he can't say he's dope and he's plain didn't hit that hard after saying you're on a murder streak. It was smirkable but not that funny. Style was aiit but could have done more with this bar.

While this bar is a pretty hurtful personal, it was a bit stretched in the punch and the flow was a bit average there cos of that. Wanted to see a bit more brutality in the language used overall by this point. The imagery here though was nice. I liked this bar.

sub-lethal lines/ultimate price/multiple sites were tight multis there but for me there was a lack of connection between the set-up and punch in this bar. Saying his highest achievement is no life on multiple sites is a bit of a reach without some kind of reference point so it didn't hit so hard for me this bar. Still a bit of a burn.

Yo I liked this bar for that nameplay and multi. Could have done more with the scheme but it's concise and funny and that Sean reference brought it together nicely. 

Mild diss here saying removing him from a forum makes it better and Cuba had a line, idk didn't hit that hard for me. The rhyme was solid but only those two three-syllabled points, just feel that more could have been done with it even with the limitations of the short line style used.

This line was nice for its brutality, and I liked the flow of the punch but again it had just those two three-syllable points of rhyme which kinda detracts from the flow for me. Felt a bit generic.

While this line was pretty funny, it fell a bit flat for its generic nature. The multi hit a four syllable point which increased its complexity but with more combos of complex rhyme in the scheme it would just make your bars hit with more punch and have greater flow and pace and just overall x-factor cos they come across a bit monotonous and could have more depth with more creativity.

I'll swiftly hand him grief trying to dismantle Crete
cos like Rapper T, you're just out of your damn league

Then you come back to a scheme with more complexity like this and instantly like the flow and creativity that's gone into it is more apparent straight away, had the start of the filler flowed on from that ambient music/champion cruising at the start of here too it could just make the pace of the piece altogether flow with more fluidity like "Rough handle Beans bruising, he'll have to bleed trying to dismantle Crete". And while the dismantle Crete/damn league isn't an exact fit as a rhyme the way it ends like that on the closer works well. It's pretty fresh and relevant too cos I am just out of this league haha so props for the name drop there too.

Beans:

his names Terje..pronounce Tay-Ruh.
(Expos for Crimson either way I know I won’t win but I need to explain shit to him)
-He got abused by PointBlank
-I Beat him in the 1-2 League
-Headstones/graves stand up
-Forestay/Force Tay- Tay is his name
-Concrete has a OM titled Stepping Stone
-Ok Crim if you google Phillip Rivers he’s a QB and just threw a interception vs GB to blow their lead
-Ok Crim... Con and I beefed. And then we had a crew battle... Empire won the crew battle. A crew is something you should google incase you don’t know and I have a good feeling you don’t know...
-ok so His name is Terje... T Top is on a Pontiac Trans Am... that’s a car crim. A Caaaaaarrrrrrrrr

Damn that was a massive expo.

hit you w/a Wave of punches! You ain’t harder on text
S’like how we saw Point Break your neck...I’m Float’n over your Watered concepts

I like the opening filler and the reference to Point Blank who definitely has strong bars. I liked the way this bar flowed and the aggression that it started with. It was a bit stretched which while it defines a sense of style, left it looking messy but the feeling of that in the flow pulled it off as an ok opener.

The relevance of the covid/mask/sick stuff is cool, it comes across to me as though you're saying your crew get sick with it but you aren't sick at all so that was a bit confusing even though I got the concept. There was a bit of discontinuity between saying he's non-threatening and then saying he couldn't see you and idk for me it just didn't come across as that hard-hitting.

The first time I read this through I enjoyed the imagery and the visual and the brutality and disrespect in this line. The winning faith light/spitting on his gravesite is stretched of course and could have been carved more but it kinds of adds to the style brought to this battle. The nameplay was aiit and it worked as a bar though just could have done more with it.

The sinking/forestay/sailing link was aiit, kinda pirate-like. The pace of the bar was aiit and the rhymes were ok but it could have been more complex and direct. I struggle to see the link conceptually between hitting Tay with your force and the death of a sinking clown. Expected more but maybe I missed a point here.

The multi was cool, giving him props in the filler was interesting to me and the personal was aiit but it could have been more hard hitting and direct with its imagery as a bar.

The reference and concept was cool but the relevance was lost on me as to how it was directly towards Concrete and the filler was real generic and the damaged throat and face led to body parts and drowning so while the violent intention was there, the continuity between the content in this bar and the generic nature of it that didn't have much wordplay didn't connect for me. The concept was there and there was a multi but it was a weak bar.

The facts here and the wordplay gave this bar heaps of potential. The rhyming was a bit loose and while it was cool conceptually, it's just saying that someone is trash which isn't that hard hitting but for the concept it was aiit.

We’ll Drive up, aim for the head & ruin this mans plan
One shot’ll Remove T Top! Then we’ll pull body parts off my Trans Am

This bar is aiit, for me knowing the rapper as Concrete and referring to him as T took away from the intention here. The drive up/T Top/Trans Am link was cool and had violent intentions again, but similar to earlier in the piece the lack of continuity between taking off his top and then pulling his body parts off was detrimental to health of this bar and being the closer, for me the stanza in its entirety. While it could have been a cool concept, yeah for those reasons the closer didn't connect as hard as it could have.

Overall after reading over this battle a few times and contemplating how much bad outweighs how much good for a while, Concrete takes it and Beans wasn't as consistent through this verse. For the references and creativity side of things, Beans brought some good game but the continuity between filler and punchlines wasn't as solid as Concretes. Both had some aiit nameplay and wordplay going on and while Beans had some violence in his bars, a lot didn't connect with the humour side of things, it was more like my gun does damage whereas the bar schemes that Concrete brought were personally more funny I found personally. There were some fucking next level awesome concepts going on in the creativity overall and both brought quite the game to try to pick between. Beans hit him with some punches and a rock and some damage. Beans got served, his head fractured, punched, brutally beaten and swiftly handed grief so there was slightly more that way but just after feeling through the verses and for the overall conceptual creation and application of personals in a funny way

MVGT Concrete

Posted By: Mitch.Wagwaan
Date Posted: 25 November 2020 at 4:36pm
Concrete//

Decent opener, flowed well. Two nameplays. A dated approach against beans but it was executed cleanly.
Second bar, in all honestly I didn’t really understand. So was a miss for me.

“Damn Shame, battling noobs to the top, better stop.
Can’t see Orion equivalent of a broken telescope”

Jeez now that bar was hard. Concept was on point. The link between set up and punchline was sweet.

Next bar was a decent enough set up and punch without any real venom.
Again with the following bar, the up to date of the Sean C bar was a nice touch.
Next bar was mehh.
The AA set up and punchline was sweet, some real direction at your opponent.
The bore/monotonous/Ambient link was a decent concept but without any real bite on the punch.
Closer was solid.

Overall// Some real decent bars and a few misses in between.

Beans//

Opener was decent. The wave/Float/water play was set up and executed well with the punch.

The concept of your second bar was good enough but the punch felt stretched and forced.

I liked the punch of the third bar but not the set up.

The Hard Rock/Grave play was aaight, solid enough.

Not a fan of the Sail/Forestay bar.

The steppingstones bar was a good concept, the set up was mehh and took away from being a real hard hitting bar.

Next bar was forced and wack.

The crew bar had relevance but again no real bite to it.

Well there’s certainly bite and aggression in your closer but being completely honest, wasn’t feeling it.

Overall//

I was disappointed in truth. Your opener showed great penmanship and had real promise but the rest of your bars fell flat. Great concepts that were either forced or stretched like a Zulu’s earlobe.

Vote// Concrete - A more fluent and consistent drop, also had the best bar of the battle

Posted By: Crimson Juice
Date Posted: 25 November 2020 at 5:49pm
3-0 win to Concrete.

-------------
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".

Print Page | Close Window