Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reading
    Posted: 30 March 2019 at 3:56pm
"Reading"
By Sammy

Bosom buddies,  caricature convolve

Picturesque; drawn in Brown, gold, purple sprawl,
choking the edges of an otherwise grayish dissolve.
Aging. It’s skin whittled; stained yellow bricks

tucked between two meddling oaks
Measuring heights, when the true “wuthering” lies in paperback tome
Remember the time?Bundled up in front of the fire
now kindling is needed. brush of dry tinder that burns with proper WiFi.
I miss the papercuts; the pain’s enough proof I’m alive.
The soothing tune of paper flaps, like babbling brooks telling lies.
Fiction fantasma only stopping at a fall.
Cliff hanging. Next chapter. Plot panders to the calls.
Jack London, packed lunch before entering the wild.

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2019 at 6:54pm
talk to'em Sam!
#Bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2019 at 7:34pm
#piccasshow #itsatriology #greeneggsandham

This was dope sir, great descriptions that go beyond just creating a visual image...like the papercuts bit, you throw those details in there, it's like you're creating a glimpse of a world you invite the reader into for a moment. Opener was wild, that's definitely something I picked up when I was writing mine, you don't really know if he intends there to be 1 or 2 faces, they kind of wrap into one.

Weirdly it kind of helps me to look at the picture and break it down a bit more when I'm looking at it after reading your interpretation. I kind of dig the two artforms clashing, seems like it's kind of fitting in a way.
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2019 at 4:34am
I echo what was said above...

I also thought the same about the opener, with the intent of the two faces, if I ever get around to part two, hopefully I can get my point across as well as you did, anyway... I definitely enjoyed the wordplay in this and the wording and description is phenomenal. Tons said in a short piece...."now kindling is needed. Brush of dry tinder that burns with proper WiFi" ... soooooooo nice then you follow up with "I miss the paper cuts...." you always place your wording right where it needs to be...I truly enjoy reading your pieces.

Closer brings it full circle, "cliff hanging. Next chapter. Plot panders to the calls." I was always told a good writer always leaves you wanting more, edge of your seat, pages damn there turn themselves, as a reader...you definitely drive that point home...

Dope drop Sammy
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2019 at 3:07am
change your name to imagery
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic