Forum LockedText Battle Archive: Ridley Squat -vs- Trizzy Tre -vs- spume (0-1-2)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ridley Squat -vs- Trizzy Tre -vs- spume (0-1-2)
    Posted: 25 October 2016 at 10:39am
*Blood of the Belt qualification round*

Rules:

*8 lines per challenger*
*Due 2 weeks from this date*
*Crew votes will be allowed*
*The challenger who recieved most votes after one week has passed will win the match*
*I will give the decisive vote if needed*
*Winner will be granted a titlematch for the Grand Belt*

Edited by Rutter knows best - 26 November 2016 at 1:23am
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 4:22am

Originally posted by spume corrupt spume corrupt wrote:

...Ki, felt like days gone by when we was LI

Yo...

Ki leaving LI made u cry, exposed Corrupt on some faggot shit...
Crew inactive bitch! Got more people 'Jumpin-quick' then hittin Siri on accident!
U can't imagine it! ur whole roster is Corpses, a dying breed we can see the proof...
Cuz bitch you don't earn 'strips' Leading the Dead .....that's Beatle Juice!
Yo Ridley, Crewsade? Ur crew layed to rest by Empire, ur set to losing...
Syn's battles got more "thumb's down" like a King's signal for execution!
My Shots make Points, his Hooks wont capture Titles ur just a phony...
Ironic how Rid keeps getting "ate" in LA, yet he's still nothing like Kobe!

Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 9:09pm
Fuck Triz'n'Corrupt, I'm the best of the crop, wiping u out if u ready or not.
Always Squat over Spume, like I'm catching a wave and I'm ready to pop!
Fuck that American yob with the hell-of-a gob, he ain't getting a shot!
Cos when I jump on Tray he's going downhill fast ... that's a Skeleton Bob
Are these references lost? ... or have u caught the scheme?
That killing you guys is just sport to me!
3 Olympic podiums ... but they're ALL for me
Cos neither of you can even hold a torch to me.

#PointlessHashtag
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 9:56pm
Both these shit Candidates think they home with votes, but when the punches hit em
Then we get to see Tr's dome exposed, and I ain't talking bout Trump's wig slipping
So punk's keep tripping, cos any front Rid's bringing, gets fucked like bitches with beavers
These hits be lifting two scared tits, higher in the sky than when Ridley cast Weaver 
You shitter's are mad dreamers, so any thoughts bout taking the belt are not sincere 
I'm showing you how Tre holds no weight that's felt, cos he's left carrying Squat from here
Fucking bury the bottom tier's, Tre planted with an E hit, cos my bombing he cant stop it
What I'm also saying there is Riddles underground like that squat Gollum in the Hobbit

Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 1:50pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Crew inactive bitch! Got more people 'Jumpin-quick' then hittin Siri on accident! - Like this, good reference and a clever punch. 8/10.
U can't imagine it! ur whole roster is Corpses, a dying breed we can see the proof...
Cuz bitch you don't earn 'strips' Leading the Dead .....that's Beatle Juice! -Like this reference, also links well to the subject matter of the previous bar. 7/10.
Syn's battles got more "thumb's down" like a King's signal for execution! - This was meh to me, solid and made sense, but I have higher standards of you than this. 5/10.
Ironic how Rid keeps getting "ate" in LA, yet he's still nothing like Kobe! - Solid bar, like the reference, but obviously not a haymaker, doesn't hurt him too much. 6/10.

Triz: 26/40.

Always Squat over Spume, like I'm catching a wave and I'm ready to pop! - Good use of your names, and made sense, just a bit of a soft reference, doesn't hurt him too bad. 6/10.
Cos when I jump on Tray he's going downhill fast ... that's a Skeleton Bob - More of a fan of this, very smooth line, good name play. 7/10.
That killing you guys is just sport to me! - This is throw away, you know it aint no hate, but this is weak by your standards. 4/10.
Cos neither of you can even hold a torch to me. - Yet again, weak by your standards. But at least this one had a decent play at the end of it. It reads like you half arsed the last 2 bars, if I'm honest. 5/10.

Rids: 22/40.

Both these shit Candidates think they home with votes, but when the punches hit em
Then we get to see Tr's dome exposed, and I ain't talking bout Trump's wig slipping - Solid start, nothing crazy, but it's relevant to recent news, nameplay, etc. 6/10.
So punk's keep tripping, cos any front Rid's bringing, gets fucked like bitches with beavers
These hits be lifting two scared tits, higher in the sky than when Ridley cast Weaver - I like the reference, but don't think it worked here, wording was wrong to me. 5/10. 
You shitter's are mad dreamers, so any thoughts bout taking the belt are not sincere 
I'm showing you how Tre holds no weight that's felt, cos he's left carrying Squat from here - This was better, good punch at both, good mix. 6/10.
Fucking bury the bottom tier's, Tre planted with an E hit, cos my bombing he cant stop it
What I'm also saying there is Riddles underground like that squat Gollum in the Hobbit - This was a stretch, but imma give you some leigh way, because it was well worded and was fairly clever. 7/10.

Spume: 24/40.

Interesting reads guys, no one flopped. So props on that.

MVGT: Triz.

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2016 at 6:17pm

Hmmmm...

Trizzy - I didn't really like how much you talked about crews...I guess you were trying to make that connection between leading the crew & dissing the crew and making a hit by association. For me you need to be quite particular in the setup to make that work & you did so with mixed effect. The opener I thought was pretty bland, I liked the diss in the opening line but the punch itself was ineffective. You then kinda oddly contradicted your diss in the next one, like is it an inactive crew or a crew with loads of people leaving? Confused...taking it on face value I did actually like this one, good metaphor & setup, if extremely dated. By the third punch the crew theme was getting tiring & I don't think you connected this one to him individually at all. Was a miss for me really. Next one I thought was tenuous & factually inaccurate because he won a title with the first tourney he entered...ultimately was a pretty simple wordplay in the final punch. I liked the 'shots make points' and 'hooks' plays in the filler line to build up, but the ultimate punch was pretty average for me. 

Ridley - So I felt like the door had been left open for you somewhat & you started out really strong. I thought your first two punches were absolutely top tier, great little back and forth, rhyme scheme, originality, really cool use of the metaphor (similar to the Beetle Juice style Trizzy used) to land that second punch. Then it went kind of ehhh, not that it was bad or anything...I liked the extended metaphor to it, which was the main saving grace really...you take that out and it's pretty basic stuff. I liked the idea of the 'three places on the podium' and that was a cool little jab, but it didn't connect to anything substantial. I dunno, maybe it's just that you started so strong and fizzled off into two jabs with redeeming features, but it does make it feel quite flat for such a short verse. I think that it's essentially generic (beyond the reference to the fact it's a triple threat match) doesn't help. Like if you'd written one decent and one hard punch for both opponents I'd feel like you had a pretty good verse...so maybe I shouldn't penalise you too much, but there's a lot to be said to building up to a strong finish. 

Spume - So interestingly you entered the battle with it all to play for (which was surprising in itself as I didn't really think you had much of a chance in this one if I'm honest with you)...I thought the first punch was pretty funny (though you could have been a bit slicker with the wording, you got away with it). I did like the use of the metaphor too, that was nice. Your rhyme scheme was nice in the follow on, felt like it built up to the next punch...another pretty dated reference (what is it with this battle?!), this one was personal though so you get a bit of benefit of the doubt playing here. First time I read this one I was like hmmm, not so sure, but when I read it back I think it's not bad...it reads a little awkward because you're shoe-horning it into your rhyme scheme at the start, but I think it's actually quite a cool little punch...plus it's attacking both of them, which is a bonus. Next one was pretty dope actually, got at both of them and was effectively a double punch where the second part actually amplifies the first. Another one where you read it back and you're like "yeah, that's pretty fucking nice actually"...the closer I liked as well. Not sure I fully understood the reference in the setup line (don't really get the 'e hit' part, not sure if that's pertinent or not) but I liked the concept of burying/planting them and again this is a double assault which is a bonus...actually punch was pretty cool, liked the angle you took on it. 

So yeah...this is actually a pretty tough one to call. I think Tre focused way too much on crews and didn't land enough material on his opponents as individuals, he had good architecture to his verse (i.e. metaphors, plays, etc.) but really the only thing he landed where I felt was anywhere near his potential was the Beetle Juice line. Punch wise I think he was outdone by Ridley and the guy only really landed 2 punches!! Rids dropped a strange verse, again, there was a lot to like from a technical point of view but for me he had quasi-generic lines (quasi on the basis that he connected the sporting metaphor to the triple threat element) for half the verse. If he'd dropped a conventional punch as a closer I think he would be a clear outright winner here, but he didn't, so that makes it tougher. Spume was interesting, there was a lot to like in his verse, at times his wording wasn't as 'polished' as his opponents but he did pack a lot of material into this. I liked the variety and creativity of his approach and he consistently landed good hits. I did really like that Tre/carrying Squat one & on reflection felt that was amongst the best shots in the battle. 

I think for overall consistency I'm going to go with Spume, the other two guys showed they had a lot more potential but it's what you land that counts. For me I kind of felt like Tre & Rids threw this one away and Spume came through and did just about enough to get my vote.

Vote = Spume
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2016 at 11:47am

OK guys let the dog see the rabbit here,and see what we have..

Trizzy..

Yo...

Crew inactive bitch! Got more people 'Jumpin-quick' then hittin Siri on accident!

(I liked the way you opened here,straight with the aggression,i do feel you were
trying to make something from the quote but didn't quite capitalise really,however
you did manage to get the momentum going with the actual punch at the end of
this bar)

Cuz bitch you don't earn 'strips' Leading the Dead .....that's Beatle Juice!

(now this was a good punch and reference here,the personal although crew based landed also,the wordplay tied in good with actual punch/personal a good hitting bar
I thought,your strongest so far)

Syn's battles got more "thumb's down" like a King's signal for execution!

(hmm,have a mixed feel about this bar,in parts the concept was nice,but the delivery was so so,plus for me it didn't rhyme to well,well not at all really,maybe it's an accent
thing,I did like the set up though,the play was in keeping with the concept of your take
on history with King's and crewsades was good here,so it kind of landed as a punch,
well more of a jab)

Ironic how Rid keeps getting "ate" in LA, yet he's still nothing like Kobe!

(good closing bar here,the punch and personal along with the play was consistent
too,plus it flowed well on the whole,for me the wordplay was the highlight within this
bar,it was worded well that just enhanced the punch overall,this for me was your best bar,save the best till last eh)

Ridley Squat..

Always Squat over Spume, like I'm catching a wave and I'm ready to pop!

(firstly nice flow here,the punch was good,coupling Spume to wave via wordplay was
a creative touch I feel,plus it turned out to be a good personal,and the concept of the
last line was good also,nice start with some added sprite)

Cos when I jump on Tray he's going downhill fast ... that's a Skeleton Bob

(liked the set up here I would of liked to of seen the word one instead of (the) before
the hell of a gob part,and this is my only gripe with this bar wording,there's another
wording issue towards the end aswell,using the word that,before the skeleton Bob made it feel a bit statement-ish,if the word like was used it would of came of as a
similie,which for me carry's more weight,with that said this was still a good bar in the
way of punch,the wordplay was good even with my gripes)

That killing you guys is just sport to me!

(yep I'm still with you here so your references are present..lol,nice flow to this first of
the shorter bars,liked the way your mocking and clowning them here,it also served
as a nice statement like their not on your level,us it had a nonchalant feel about it,I
liked it good bar)

Cos neither of you can even hold a torch to me.

(OK so i see the intended wordplay here,but it didn't really stop this from becoming a
statement type filler really,yeah the Olympic/podium/torch was a good concept and
for you thankfully helped overall,made this closing bar a good jab rather than an all
out punch,still it all counts to sway a voters opinion)

#PointlessHashtag

Spume Corrupt..

Then we get to see Tr's dome exposed, and I ain't talking bout Trump's wig slipping

(well the opener had the lol factor,so that would suggest you had a good punch here,I
do like to read humour in a battle it really does make an average bar standout and up,
but here the simplicity masked a decent bit of wordplay if not viewed rightly,that went
hand in hand that made the punch work,candidates/votes/Trump)

These hits be lifting two scared tits, higher in the sky than when Ridley cast Weaver

(now this was a clever bar here,more aimed at Rid's with the Alien film concept,but included Trizzy on the whole,well played there,the wordplay was fresh and popping,
and the punch hit home too,i also thought the personal was correct and direct,as
of yet the best bar in this battle)

I'm showing you how Tre holds no weight that's felt, cos he's left carrying Squat from here

(this bar I'll state now is good,if a voter gets complacent they might believe this to
appear as a filler bar,the reason for that is we been spoilt by your opening bars that
they make this seemed toned down,but it's not toned down,in fact it was a good shot
at both here,quite creative on the whole,plus the plays and flow were good)

What I'm also saying there is Riddles underground like that squat Gollum in the Hobbit

(again not as heavy as your previous bars,but still had some humour attached to it via the Hobbit line,I was feeling the personal against Rid's more out the 2 presented here,
the play again was nice too,decent closing bar here)

Overall nice showing from all 3 here,all had good swings at each other, all from time
to time landed aswell,so props there guys,but for me there was a winner here, and that was Spume,why?,he seemed more focused and his verse was better directed,he was also more consistent with the stronger punches and wordplay, coupled with humour
also, props though Trizzy n Rid's,just SC was the better man here in my opinion..

Vote..Spume Corrupt..peace.

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2016 at 6:00pm
So, Spume wins (since Con setup the final)...let's call this 1 W for Spume and 1 L apiece for Rids and Triz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic