Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Role Call (Neek Diss)
    Posted: 07 August 2017 at 1:03am

https://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-role-call-neek-diss

direct link if your having trouble - http://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-role-call-neek-diss

Despite the jocking and everything else i'll always respond

Btw, watch ya step

Edited by Rutter knows best - 07 August 2017 at 7:31pm
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:15pm
I dunno about anyone else but it won't play for me
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by -Orion- -Orion- wrote:

I dunno about anyone else but it won't play for me

Oh yeah? Weird link doesn't look broken, anyone else having issues?
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: #7
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:35pm
Works for me.
#bananas
The Law View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Text Rank: #3
Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:49pm
Yeah it's not working for me either. I just see Judge Judy, but it won't play anything. 
Go my Minions!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:59pm
http://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-role-call-neek-diss

Weird, usually the embedding has no issues for me. Here's a direct link

Edited by Rutter knows best - 07 August 2017 at 7:30pm
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 5:43pm
I think it's a bit shitty no one has given any feedback...surprising seeing as you seem to be pretty active on these boards

Nice conor sample

The hold weight/literally stuff felt like it landed and the humdrum/2001 bit was the highlight, and in general it was better towards the end. Earlier on it almost felt a bit too much like an extended warm up at times

Flow was an issue, at times it sounded like maybe it was even just in the production, like your tempo was fine but just a fraction out of rhythm like the audio track was laid down slightly out of sync. I think in general (and I'm not saying you don't) you gotta try and pay a lot more attention to writing bars specifically for the beat. And when it's a well known beat/track like this, as an exercise, I would even recommend copying the scheme (syllables, rhyming patterns) more or less exactly from the original, just to give yourself a framework of something you know will flow. Do that and record it and then if you're not happy or wanna play around with it then go ahead, but I think when you're recording your priority just has to be bars that match the track...you're making it too hard for yourself to deliver some of the bars you write, even tho it might be potential A+ material if it was delivered right

Still tho, you get a lot of credit for coming out and throwing down against a diss like his, which I think we can all acknowledge was pretty damn good. You gave applause, talked no shit and recorded a response...that's admirable
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:11pm
Thanks O, obviously Neek has cemented himself with the audios so to me it's like what can I loose? I learned from the "beef" and came out better for it. Thanks for the feed
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:18pm
Yeah Jamal is a natural...he had this same swagger when I first heard him on a track when he would have been the tender age of 21...he the rookie that been doing it 20 years, as we all recently learned...haha

Heard him on that track with ChinCheck (anyone who isn't Neek who can name it gets to battle me*) and was like OK, gotta find that guy and work with him...and here we is. Good times.

* not really
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:34pm

Yeah Jamal is a natural...he had this same swagger when I first heard him on a track when he would have been the tender age of 21...he the rookie that been doing it 20 years, as we all recently learned...haha

Heard him on that track with ChinCheck (anyone who isn't Neek who can name it gets to battle me*) and was like OK, gotta find that guy and work with him...and here we is. Good times.

* not really

Track = Cold world ft Neek + Ja Vid

Can't link it on my cell
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Audio Rank: #8
Stats: 2-0-1
Form: WNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:37pm
nah dress. the song definitely isnt on the internet.
#Bananas
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:45pm
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Audio Rank: #8
Stats: 2-0-1
Form: WNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:54pm
im trying to help you.

the song in question is 100% not on the internet.

as the guy who uploaded it. I can assure you of this.
#Bananas
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 7:21pm
Haha. Good that you tried tho! But no it's older than that. Estimate autumn/"fall" 04, tho I could be off
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 7:31pm

Haha. Good that you tried tho! But no it's older than that. Estimate autumn/"fall" 04, tho I could be off

Whatddup grade 8

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: #15
Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 7:06pm
Massive respect coming through with this fam, it can't go unnoticed how much effort you are putting in to your audio elevation
I gave this a good few listens and I liked a lot of the content you kept on throwing hits and a lot of it was working nicely
Some issues with flow in places but then a lot of the delivery was on point, can def recognise you in that early development stage but I see mad potential for you to become dope with this
Just thinking fam maybe some of the flow issues are due to you being such a prolific text writer in the past and maybe you need to let that go and learn to write more specifically for an audio delivery? Maybe
Keep up brother

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Fatal Wound

Audio Champ

Text Rank: #20
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 8:03pm

* not really

Mic Check or another one called H.E.A.T.

Ready for the hands?
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by spume corrupt spume corrupt wrote:

Massive respect coming through with this fam, it can't go unnoticed how much effort you are putting in to your audio elevation
I gave this a good few listens and I liked a lot of the content you kept on throwing hits and a lot of it was working nicely
Some issues with flow in places but then a lot of the delivery was on point, can def recognise you in that early development stage but I see mad potential for you to become dope with this
Just thinking fam maybe some of the flow issues are due to you being such a prolific text writer in the past and maybe you need to let that go and learn to write more specifically for an audio delivery? Maybe
Keep up brother

Thanks a lot Spume big ups bro
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by DressToKill DressToKill wrote:

Thanks O, obviously Neek has cemented himself with the audios so to me it's like what can I loose? I learned from the "beef" and came out better for it. Thanks for the feed

Thats the attitude of a champion.

-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 10:17pm
Best part of this craft is the growing period

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic