Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round 2 - Group 2 - Voting
    Posted: 26 October 2005 at 8:53am
Select the best verse from Round 2, Group 2
(Note: This round you vote for one verse only)

Topic: Your a 'snake' (undercover agent) who has to infultrate a rival gang

Click here for the verses

Edited by Scotty_32
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 8:59am

Votin' for verse 2, both good showings, shame the other two couldn't show up for it, even if they had they woulda struggled, but yea just felt the drive behind Jehu's more, you both know I could write a vote long enough and explained enough to be its own holy book but put plain and simple Jehu's story was more expressively told and better presented lyrically

VOTE: Verse One

. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 9:06am
^ Supposed to say "verse 1" at the start, obviously
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 2:08pm
Dont you get killed when u try and leave a gang  and you would have many many tattoos showin your alleigance to the gang anyway...BUT for the purposes of fantasy

Did Stalin write the second verse

Quite a tough one to call...Usually these topicals are decided by who stays on topic more but the topic itself was EXTREMELY vague, where with the other one you knew it was a bank robbery and you had to describe your actions within that this one is "your a snake that has to infiltrate a rival gang" ...do u tell the story or do u have a guy doin it? DIFFICULT call

I gotta say Verse One confused me, it didnt really say anything about the penetration of the gang it was more outward in its perspective, had some quirky lines, like the Im a blood and a crip, that was cool but the character didnt seem very involved, yeah you came with those clever lines to show that but it was more tickin the box than anythin to me...ticked it well but still

*Returns from the bannin of Kaos and 6man battle shits*

I duno, in short its a hard one because verse 2 got more to the point and verse 1 was more intricate and difficult to understand what the fuck you were chattin at times...id say both were equally on and off topic in slightly different ways...i liked verse ones attention to little details of the gang culture, like the rituals and ethos of violence...kind of trainin-day in that feel, clever and violent but the story wasnt that clear, like you left the story to talk about details (the way i saw it at least) and i didnt like the way you did that...I liked the way Verse 2 was presented, quirky little idea and basically ran with the snake thing from Metal Gear, nice plays and the lyricism was good (obviously belittled in comparison but it was still competant)...Hmmmmmmmm, tough one, tough one...verse two seems simple at first but I like the way you described the little touches of HOW you betrayed the rival gang...so you both had those intricacies, jus in different aspects, i duno, the one thing I would say is that Verse Two isnt really infiltratin a gang is it, its more militarily-based, like Metal Gear, I was gona vote verse two after I read this 2/3 times but to be fair I think verse 1 was more relevant to the topic, it was more gang-orientated....both were good verses but I gotta go with something that stays more on topic in my eyes, and tho I slightly prefered verse 2 in the WAY he told the story, i think his story wasnt as close to the topic as it needed to be in comparison to the GANG-war kind of thing verse 1 had goin on...

Tough one to call, but thats always the way it is when you have 2 people who KNOW how to write a verse ya know,

Vote = Verse 1
ImGreat View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-0-0
Form: W
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 4:12pm
my vote goes to tha first versei liked how he came wit it betta and juz sumone dat you cant trust like he new wut he was talking about tha second verse was more plain more eh like a secret agent type of shit to earn he stars and stripes first first was like im goin all out for my fams and he through up tha amor de rey or howeva you spell it so dat made it seem mad real vote verse 1
Im Great
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 1:00pm
Jehus thru briggzy isnt
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic