1-2 Punch League: Rutter vs Concrete (WEEK 5)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rutter vs Concrete (WEEK 5)
    Posted: 28 September 2016 at 1:07am
DUE THURSDAY MIDNIGHT
#bananas
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 12:46am
Just 1 shot n he's snapped in two, i don't expect to be on homies will
So fuck Concealing this win, i'm postin pics w/ the body like its a trophy kill

Con sealing/concealing
#bananas
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 2:30am
fuck whatevs you utter, rutter knows best to shut it, he aint got the clout to proceed
I'm the one who's gonna 'punch Best' here, so against me, you're out of your league!
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 4:09am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

rutt, I like the punchline a lot, but the set up could have been improved imo.

con, the punchline here was dope, well tailored to him. nice job on this one all around. nice flow n schemes as well.

mfvgt concrete, better crafter personal
Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Droidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 4:47am

so this was a tricky one.
i liked what both had to offer and i think that each had specific wins within the criteria, but what is the sum?

all else being close to equal i went with the overall concept. to me the image of Rutter having a photo taken beside his slain opponent is just too good.

props to both tho.

v. RKB

Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 5:27am

This was a close one. Props to both battlers..Rutt had a pretty flawless bar, good rhymes good flow. Nice nameplay.

Con was also very nice with it. Decent flow, the punch was personal and related to this.. I think it could've been worded differently for more effect.

Very close battle between two of Las best..

Mvgt rutt
+Sick-Witted+
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 8:25pm

Ruptured nose bled
Rut this was only OK in my eyes, couple things just didn't work for me. The snapped in half thing felt out of place and the end rhymes felt forced"homie will"....I did get the loose connection between set up and punch, overall it was statement more than punchy

Bonkers at conquered
Con not a big fan of this one either bro, you ain't of the hook yet.. guilty of much the same as Rutt here, so another decent at best shot that should have been better

Difficult one to call but I'm gonna go with Con cos I thought the bar was tied up a bit better from set to punch
Vote Con

Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 8:49pm

yo rut i liked this bar it flowed well, homies will/ trophy kill decent multi
but you went for more of a nameplay thats bin played alot instead of a more personal approach

and con you also went for the name plays but you did add a personal touch to it 
i thought it was clever the way you put it altogether and made it work, real smooth

so for the over all better punch and cleaner shot
 MVGT Concrete
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 9:21pm

Both really well put together bars, both got the aggressive setups leading to decent punches.
It's to find original name flips for guys as battleworn as these - but even if by some miracle con/sealing hasn't been done before, I still consider it yet another prefix flip on him and therefore best avoided. Conversely, I know a lot of people do it, but I'm not a fan of flips that refer to RKB as "Best", or even worse "Knows" ... like it's his middle-name and surname ... always felt that was odd, maybe that's just me, I dunno

So very hard to separate on most categories, so for me comes down to -
Cons has a slightly better flow, and a cheeky little inner on the first line to spice it up a bit
Ruts, sorry if I missed any, but I think "concealing" was the only double-meaning in your verse ...
against "rutter knows best to shut it", "gonna 'punch Best'" and "you're out of your league!"

So great matchup, but MFVGT Con.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic