Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Siq vs Spume Corrupt [w14]
    Posted: 01 December 2016 at 1:25am
Due Friday by Midnight
#bananas
SiQ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SiQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2016 at 1:45am
I'll leave this competitor dead, it would be a CRIME to let this Punk Win
Fuck him!...
I bet he cant run away, when I aim at his legs & hit CORRUPTION

* Corruption / Corrupt Shin

* Crime = Corruption
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 12:14am
I'm flipping this skinny bitch the finger, cos with that flexing it's a breeze
to throw SIQ up and force him out quicker than an anorexic on her knees

Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 3:18pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Siq: Your themes were tied together well and it was a solid and aggressive offering. Punch and set up flowed into each other nicely and the nameplay was also smooth.

Spume: Like Siq you tied everything together well. And the nameplay was also creative. I'm only anal about the fact that I don't think anorexics make themselves throw up. Think that's just bulimics. But I understood what you meant straight away and it didn't lessen the impact.

Overall: Two similar bars here. Both were aggressive, both had good nameplays and both were in the threat vein. Very even. But what makes me lean towards Spume is he made his punch more about putting him out the league so it was just that little more creative and relevant. Can't hate on either but that little factor is the decider.

Vote - Spume
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:41pm

Spume - this was executed smooth. Wording was pretty spot on. I though it was an okay name play not great but your delivered it to its best ability really. Nice to see a play in there.

Siq- the tie in references were good but it's a clear shun sound for me, so this was a reach, the concept was okay but going at someone's shins is a strange threat.

My vote gotta go spume here
#bananas
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 9:34pm

So, pretty nice clash right here.
Such similarities in these bars that I can start with the things that apply to both of you, for which I will address you's together as a composite entity.

SiMe Qorrupt:
Not bad bars here at all, nice and simple concepts with a nice level of aggression.
The angles stem from simple name-flips, so are personal to that degree, but from that has been developed decent tie ins to make the setups relate to some degree.
But above all read well, flow well, all in all, fine jobs.

So I'd call it pretty even, but can differentiate further ...

SiQ:
Simplest way to put it is, I was a big fan of all of this bar except the last word.
Unfortunately this last word was what the entire wordplay and personal relevance of the bar hung on. And it hung on Corruption being a homophone for Corrupt's shin, which for me did not work, at all ... so much so that if it wasn't for the expo, I'm not sure I'd have realised that was the play ... and as I had to pretend the illegal expo wasn't there, I'd have to call it a miss.

Spume:
Firstly no flipping ... nobutsrslyfolks ...
No negatives to give here (Gor has a good point ... but it doesn't bother me, Bulimics are indeed the ones that binge and purge on the reg, but it wouldn't be unknown for an anorexic to do so too when regretting eating a breath mint and feeling like the fat bitch she is ... so I feel that works). Positives though here, over and above the composite feed are: more going on here in general, skinny/finger/sick/anorexic and the introduction of 'flipping' gave a second meaning for finger. Good shit.

MFVGT SPEW(m)
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 11:54pm

Wow, this was the best battle I read yet...

Siq- Nice wordplay and a solid punch...  I like how you used his name for your wordplay, definately made for a more solid hit... the flow was on point and your set up and delivery was nice...  I just wish your set up for the punch would have been as nice as the delivery would have made for a much better bar....  It started a bit too simple but the ending was solid and a great delivery... 8/10

Corrupt- Wow...  This was the best punch that I've read so far in this league, from set up to delivery I enjoyed it.... nice nameplay to land a solid punch..... Not much to critique here, this was a great effort on your part... Nicely executed... 9/10

Overall-  This was a great battle but Corrupt set up and delivery came harder which lead to his victory....  If Siq's set up was as good as his punch this would have been a lot harder to vote on, but because of that it gave Corrupt the edge needed for victory....  Great battle you 2 and I cant wait to see what you both do next week

Vote- Corrupt

Again Nice Job On Both Parts!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic