Author
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Socially Withdrawn.
    Posted: 05 February 2017 at 3:22am
small minded ppl all in my turf,small minded ppl all over the Earth,
small minded ppl flaunt their worth,small minded ppl forged at birth,
I need to laugh so please try,I need a window of humour so I can pry,
tell me a joke that brings a tear to my eye,a joke that makes me cry,
life for some is a big game,but life for others carries blame and shame,
I've heard the news & it's the same,never any laughs just sorrow & pain,   
I see things that make me feel numb,1 is a wind up monkey beatin a drum,
these we've all seen,inside me there's something that knows what it means,
I do hate thoughts that dwell,when life seems to be a game of kiss and tell,
and at times I just want too yell,there was nobody to pick me up when I fell,
thoughts crystal clear like a bell,I should throw all my money down a well
because I don't want to fund the cost of living,when the price is living hell,
I sigh then turn the dail on the radio,i'm trying to find an all night station,
I need and want to hear a song I know,a song that relates to my situation,
but words are unable to speak of love,like a smile or whisper or a kiss does,
and keeping it is tough,it's like threading a needle whilst in boxing gloves,
and all of the letters in all of the words,in all books that's ever been heard,
nothing but sound vowels and nouns,for talking to ppl but for me im bound,    
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 10:43am
This was alright, but considering I've seen a lot of your verses, I'm not feeling this one too much...... I know your capable of doing a lot better, and I'm not sure what you were going for, but it seems this verse is lacking a direct topic..... This just seems like random keystyle then an actual verse, ya know..... I feel your lacking description and the wow affect...... Your lines aren't really hitting, they were flowing smooth, just had no kind of a wow factor...... This isn't one of your better drops homie....... Not sure what you were going for here, but I don't feel this was a good drop from you bro...... You didn't drop any good punchlines, no wordplay, nothing that stands out....... Sorry bro I just know your capable of dropping a better verse then this......
Topical Twist League= 1-0
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 5:15pm
Opener was pretty decent. it sort of got repetitive with the small minded segment.
If you added more internals the flow would have surpassed that little hiccup. As for
content. I liked the overall feeling i got. It was a little self loathing and some
grim realization. I wish you added more imagery and detail but im just being picky
with that. My major tisk is that you up your flow and word placement. I do however
enjoy your pieces. i like being hard on people that i see have much potential.
If the lines where shortened and the fillers were dropped. this would have been
a dope piece. I see a lot of potential in your work brothaman.
\
intrikit View Drop Down

I am Vib. Klean

Stats: 1-4-0
Form: WLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote intrikit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 8:18pm
I wasn't feeling this piece. You had good content but your flow was subpar, meaning you had barely any multi syllable lines (rhymes ending with more than one matching syllable, or atleast slant that makes it seem so when combining words). I'm ok with only rhyming one syllable as long as its phrased ok, or has internals to make it interesting. I wasn't seeing that, much if at all, in this piece.

Also,If you took a little more time to shorten up your lines, as others said, you will definitely be on to something.

I did like the content though. Seemed worded naturally,meaning you weren't cramming anything, you just wrote it like you initially felt. but you could have done it with a bit of more thought.
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2017 at 3:13pm
Crim, this was decent, I liked the message behind this verse. But I agree with Diz that it got repetitive after awhile and you didn't dig deep in certain areas.

For example:

"See things that make me feel numb,1 is a wind up monkey beatin a drum"

That's kinda lame to be honest bro. Felt simple and would help if you upped the complexity of each bar. Overall it wasn't bad, just giving you some tips man.
Amgin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-3-0
Form: LLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Amgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 7:48pm
Some really good ideas and thoughts here, I wish some lines would of been elaborated on more and expanded , they could of stood alone in a verse.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 10:34pm
Thank you all for the feedback here,this was something i was toying with but I do appreciate all you guys honesty...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2017 at 2:12am
With the risk of repeating what's been said already, I thought this was pretty decent, but definitely not up to par with what I'm used to reading from you. I liked how you started it off, very direct and catchy with the repetitions in your phraseology. The scheme was consistent in your opening bar, but it unfortunately was rather random from the middle section onward. But I feel like this was jotted down rather quickly, and I enjoyed the content for the most part. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic