Author
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stepping Stones
    Posted: 13 November 2020 at 4:22pm
topical verse from another site based on image below

raised on downtrodden rock-bottom sorrow streets
seeing through half empty bottles a drowning need
beneath dry concrete merely seeds of greed blossom
bleeding my pocket dry at every end means bottom
the good one long gone bad as the world looked glum
actualized by redrum and bedlam - enter the hoodlum
desperate need to escape the filthy cheap estates
envisioning the almighty dollar in a dreamy state
letting my people die is a fact as I provided the crack
just to make it to that other side of the tracks

made it across, even got a job and obeyed the boss
saved a prayer for the lost while I had to pay the cost
whether grit under my fingernails or deliver mail
steady aim for bigger gains and rock silver chains
my mind instilled the frame to totally win the game
a sinners claim, let the devil decieve and trick my brain
that mansion on the hill one day my grandsons could live
further expansion of skills, broking shady financial deals
waiting for any chance to appear to advance my career
got that promotion and I didn't even glance at my peers

human being in charge, living large and making waves
sweet like baking cake, let the depraved take the weight
abominable office rats gone astray in this great maze
competing to eat that sweet cheese, my wage slaves
making my payday, fuck em, I paved the way to profit
let em get played in my office, every complaint is forfeit
yet, with covetous eyes I observe the towers in the sky
skies is the limit, why - aint letting my power be denied

only the strong survive, gazing down on the city of steel
being supreme I committed to be - very little pity to feel
furniture made from oakwood, I don't miss the old hood
climbing the corporate ladder - constantly up to no good
simply being that shrewd dude to rudely undermine fools
through all walks of life they were dirt under my shoes

God knows, power triumphs love
cos as above, not so much below
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 6:51am
my man this was a fucking great read from start to finsih
flow near impeccable, rhyme schemes top notch.

i dont know if it was intentional but youve structured it so the 'struggle', the 'come-up' part of the story was longer than the end. its HARDER TO STRUGGLE than it is to STAY SUCCESSFUL. gave off that sort of vibe. intentional or not it was a great aspect of the storytelling.

loved the finish. a nice dose of reality. it really aint the same from top to bottom. the issues those part of microcosms experience is not the same those in the upper echelon experience. whether or not you believe that part of your verse, i do. ive been slaving away in a job i hate for 5 years and finally moved out of it, onto something much better. this piece resonated within me. kudos.
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 6:43pm
Hats off con the verbage in this alone stands out the most u have expanded ur vocab alot judging from past oms I remember reading from u I like how u broke it down in segments it kinda brought the picture to life the first u was the dude on the bottom then climbing up to the top really dragged the picture into the picture sort to speak. Only not pic I see is working in more internal rhyme patterns to help with ur flow at times it seemed choppy nothing to major overall this was a verry enjoyable read top to bottom props hopefully this got u the W
Stay up
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 10:02am
Sup Concrete, first let me just type this was a joy to read, i really really mean that, (honest
talk), this piece manages to capture a character in self preservation mode via a series of
greed and power, in the first segment i found myself wanting him to obtain wealth to gain
a foothold of some sorts to change his standing, he seems to be at a crossroad in life, so i
didn't view his needs as greed (if you need it and can use it, then it's not greed), in the 2nd
segment we read his standing has now elevated he's now gaining and dream of material
objects, which is a normal trait in humans, i mean we all want better, but we lose sight of
what is really better for us via shinny objects and indulgence,in the 3rd segment the power
and wealth are starting to take this weak individual over, forgetting real quick his own humble
start on the ladder of life, and losing touch of his emotions, greed has consumed him, and
compassion has left the building, He's divorced humble logic and now he's learning nothing
in the emotional process,in the 4th segment his rise is now his downfall,this is where i wanted
to read of some sort of demise, hoping there was going to be a reckoning where he needed a
parachute for the plummet, but instead he grows, really this was a solid piece in detail and
writing, i was glued to the story line from the outset, and you made sit there and finish like a
child at a table during meal time, really impressive from imagery to wording.....Ripe Work Con
Ripe work indeed.peace.

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 8:02am
Good job con i like how this piece had a different angle/concept which was refreshiing. I like the dark tone set for the piece and i think that it was cool how you spoke from a place inside your charachters minds/thoughts.

Fav bar:

making my payday, fuck em, I paved the way to profit
let em get played in my office, every complaint is forfeit

Definatley a good read with good content
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2020 at 3:49am
A good read indeed
Somewhat predictable in the direction, but still you hit the topic with a relatable scenario that both enhanced the image you used and created its own imagery.
Starting from the bottom as most hustlers do, trying to get a head , this period shows the need to change the scenery. Can’t hustle forever, next move has got to be more aggressive. Right now you dealin with struggles, making minor moves, you have to step over the next to get to the next level, I like how he is feeling regret at this moment, but realizes regret don’t earn shit. Nicely done.

Next he made it across track , now he has to ideas pave the way for his family’s future so that they don’t have to start with step one, doing what’s nessasary may not always be right, but it don’t matter who he has to step over. Going backwards is not an option. Nice

Going up the Corporate ladder people have become faceless, just numbers , and numbers don’t have feelings or voices, they serve one purpose. The imagery in this section is vivid , this characters mindset is completely changing from the beginning I really enjoy the development.

The wording in your closer is phenomenal, you bring everything back to the basics and stays on point.

Furniture made from oakwood, I don't miss the old hood— satisfied that hunger with a taste of success, fk going back

Climbing the corporate ladder - constantly up to no good— nice

simply being that shrewd dude to rudely undermine fools— anyone who has been on corporate side knows this asshole

through all walks of life they were dirt under my shoes—again nice

All in all enjoyed I enjoyed this.
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2020 at 10:44pm
Thanks for the feedback ladies and gents, appreciate it since the other guy no-showed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic