Forum LockedText Battle Archive: [Text] The Law vs Amgin (3-1)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Text] The Law vs Amgin (3-1)
    Posted: 16 March 2017 at 1:39pm
Mario (The Law) 

vs 

Sonic (Amgin)

16 lines 
48 hours

Edited by The Law - 16 March 2017 at 1:44pm
Go my Minions!

Amgin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-3-0
Form: LLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 2:38am
EXTENSION TILL MONDAY AT MIDNIGHT HAS BEEN GRANTED

"Everything you could ever desire every happiness you can imagine every pleasure your fellow Greeks and your false gods have denied you
I will grant you for I am kind
Embrace me as your king and as your god.
Lead my soldiers to the hidden path that enters behind the cursed Spartans and your joys will be endless.
You will find I am kind.
Unlike the cruel Leonidas, who demanded that you stand, I require only that you kneel"
-XERXES
Amgin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-3-0
Form: LLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 12:53am

Sonic vs Mario

Going against The Law with your fetishes, kids blowing your cartridges, 'Rainbow Road' matches your preferences
Awe flows through all witnesses when I start my Genesis, turn your racoon costumes into carcasses, show no mercy I'm merciless
Nervousness cause I'm murderous, and You can't see me, we're on different platforms like Marvel and DC
Charging-up I'm at mach speed, but I'll Save my power-ups and race you on my 10-speed, you're in a go kart at top speed, 50cc
I'm not just out of your league, I'm out of your 'Mario Galaxy', I'll school you in my 'Sonic Universe'ity

You neglect and leave your girl all alone, I intersect with disrespect, come in and super smash hoes, 
Call it finesse as Sonic steals your Princess, (am)Gin and Tonic makes her undress for consensual sex
Damsel in distress, I slaugher her, call me a gobbler, as I hedgeHOG all this Peach cobbler,
Try and hold me *Down and C*, I'll rev and roll you, leave you thinking you got *Jumped with A* whole crew
I'm number one and you're Player 2, guest in my house forces you to play as your brother Lu, I control you

You vote both ways thats why you're red and blue, you want another shot like 'Sonic 2'
Deport you, from my NES as I press eject, campaign promises to take affect, wall-up you
Sonic dives through your levels and your whole crew, punches will punish you
Red and bloody Knuckles leave you shaking like a shamrock shake from Sonic drive-thru
Mushrooms on your burgers is why your ego grew, I take aim at you, no question marks my shells resize you
I tricked you into thinking I'm someone new, but I've been here since before '92

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 3:13am

Even when I hit my noggin all those bricks got poppin'
but when you see that crack, "It's me, Mario.." flushing that shit your droppin'
Then saving princess peach, laying pipe, n got Nintendo raising sales
but Sonic's always been far behind from when he started chasing tails
I'm out here riding dinos, smushing heads, got fire I can come and spray
this pussy just smells the fish jumping and balls up or runs away
He's not collecting coins, then jumping out to defeat things
That blue bitch runs in circles losing all his quarter machine rings
My enemies scared when I toss the shells then I take my exit
but if we see sonic breaking the egg... man, he's just making breakfast (eggman)
From cube to the Wii and I'm still breakin' down bowsers mighty gates
He's still in a dreamcast... sleeping in his 'home console' since ninety eight
I hit them spikes, destroy a castle then got the 'duece applied'
You hit the spikes and just lose a life...
It's clear on the track against my bananas you got No Skill
Only takes one turn with my Kart turn this hedgehog to roadkill

Go my Minions!

Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 3:33pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

This was dope. Amgin I felt like you said double of what Law did, and looking back you probably did. The long lines didn't work against you as much as they do for some cause I did catch a flow with your use of inners. There were a lot of quotables, and some really creative lines that I could appreciate but they didn't really hit in the battle sense.

Try and hold me *Down and C*, I'll rev and roll you, leave you thinking you got *Jumped with A* whole crew

^ Lines like that. Definitely clever, but the punch was underwhelming and could've been executed better. Saying that, there wasn't much filler imo, a lot of good references. The middle section was more so-so to me, third was more compact but the first was more hard hitting.

Nervousness cause I'm murderous, and You can't see me, we're on different platforms like Marvel and DC
Charging-up I'm at mach speed, but I'll Save my power-ups and race you on my 10-speed, you're in a go kart at top speed, 50cc
I'm not just out of your league, I'm out of your 'Mario Galaxy', I'll school you in my 'Sonic Universe'ity

^ That was the highlight for me.

Law:

Obviously I'm gonna say that yours was more compact and immediately you went in with a witty punch. That kind of consistency remained throughout and it was a more typically structured battle verse. Again, a lot of references, and disses towards Sonic like the rings etc. It all fit in well. I'd like to think I got all the references from both but what I did see was very substantial.

^ That was the highlight for me, easily.

So overall, Amgin had a lot of good ideas and some were executed better than others. The stretched lines didn't put me off but what did was the dip in consistency. Law was evenly spread throughout, more compact and had more venom to it (though just a bit). After I read Amgin's I thought it would be hard to top but after reading Law's I read both again to see which had more 'replay value' and it was definitely Law, so he gets my vote. Good stuff both.

Vote - Law
The_Guy View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 16-12-0
Form: WLWWLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 4:10pm

This was a dope concept

Amgin- overall your verse was decent, your second paragraph was your standout imo. I liked the flow and the rhyme scheme, made it easy to read. I do feel like you tried to pack a lot into your lines though, very long lines indeed, structure could be worked on a bit with this piece. Another bar that i liked was

"You vote both ways thats why you're red and blue, you want another shot like 'Sonic 2'
Deport you, from my NES as I press eject, campaign promises to take affect, wall-up you"

Could have ended it with a better ending punch.

Law-I liked this a lot. landed some good shots based on the topic. This line is particular was dope. I do like how you started out, closer wasnt that great but your verse overall had the better structure and punches.

vgt-Law

Amgin had the better flow, but law had the better verse
O Block View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 10-9-2
Form: WWWNLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 10:23pm

Wow what a battle I loved both of em. Law I liked your opener alot it was gritty and thats the type of rap I love to see. You had a pretty excellent flow and your verses made alot of sense for anyone who knows a thing or 2 about the topic.. Very well put together...

Law- 

but when you see that crack, "It's me, Mario.." flushing that shit your droppin'
Then saving princess peach, laying pipe, n got Nintendo raising sales
but Sonic's always been far behind from when he started chasing tails
My enemies scared when I toss the shells then I take my exit
but if we see sonic breaking the egg... man, he's just making breakfast (eggman)
I hit them spikes, destroy a castle then got the 'duece applied'
You hit the spikes and just lose a life...

Wow..... Dude I dont know who you are or what your about but that was amazing. I dont know why its 2-0 this is a hard decision but honestly I feel like you had the upper hand.. The opener was Insane, The closer was insane, And everything in between that was superb. I feel like you got the best of him on this one ... As the underdog u prevailed and I am going to give this to you with no doubt.
Amgin- 

Going against The Law with your fetishes, kids blowing your cartridges, 'Rainbow Road' matches your preferences 
Awe flows through all witnesses when I start my Genesis, turn your racoon costumes into carcasses, show no mercy I'm merciless 

You neglect and leave your girl all alone, I intersect with disrespect, come in and super smash hoes,  
Call it finesse as Sonic steals your Princess, (am)Gin and Tonic makes her undress for consensual sex 
Damsel in distress, I slaugher her, call me a gobbler, as I hedgeHOG all this Peach cobbler,
I'm number one and you're Player 2, guest in my house forces you to play as your brother Lu, I control you 

You vote both ways thats why you're red and blue, you want another shot like 'Sonic 2'
Deport you, from my NES as I press eject, campaign promises to take affect, wall-up you
Red and bloody Knuckles leave you shaking like a shamrock shake from Sonic drive-thru 
Mushrooms on your burgers is why your ego grew, I take aim at you, no question marks my shells resize you
I tricked you into thinking I'm someone new, but I've been here since before '92

MVGT Amgin
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:40pm

Amgin this was a solid verse on the whole,you started out decent and you gained
momentum from there on,you also shown some real nice creativity within this piece
too,with the buttons plays/depth of Sonic,and to Mario in the game play environment,
You dissed Mario quite well throughout via these references,i also liked your approach
here by making it a battle of characters,your angles were working well in this tussle
too,and they read like some thought went into them,because they made the punches
that bit sharper on landing,good work and read..

Law I also liked the approach from you so here,you showed flashes of aggression that
stood out to me,your punches were quite strong and consistent as well throughout this
verse,(on the short side in comparison to Amgin,you seemed more directed with your
contents also,plus you had humour popping off which just added more weight to the
punches overall,and the chasing tails line (1 of many i could highlight) was a creative
concept really for a punch,solid verse and enjoyable read..

Overall,firstly props for a ripe character attlee here guys,i did enjoy both offerings on
display,and it pains me to call a winner here due to the fact both brought some good
contents,but i liked the punches Law brought to this tussle,and how he tailored his
piece on the whole..

Vote...Law...peace.    
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Okie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-2-0
Form: LLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:53pm

Notables...

Amgin...

^^Not to direct, but funny together
, I slaugher her, call me a gobbler, as I hedgeHOG all this Peach cobbler,
^^Funny, but weak hitting
^^Ok ok.. 1st half kool set up, second half started! but slipped

^^Fair set up, second half kool concept- ok hit
I take aim at you, no question marks my shells resize you
                                            ^^Concept works, cool way to go

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Law....

^^Kool swing
^^kool set up n punk, impact is kooL
^^Kool concept wording lacks the impact tho

^^HA! cool concept not to direct, but still works

^^Proper concept, impact a lil short of the idea, but good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the end this was a cool bout using the game characters--
both came with good concepts, but Law's were sharper n better worded
which was a significant difference. 
To sum it up Law came with a more polished verse, (started iffy)
Amgin could of won with with a change of the wording on a few bars.

vote -- Law

Fuego
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic