Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Venomonology View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 9-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Venomonology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ants
    Posted: 01 February 2016 at 12:28am
it's the ants on the march with their mandibles sharpened
and antenna ready for the hive mind sight
colonized forestry, mechanized soil well oiled
terraform automaton trials
royally appointed flesh star fiends
with direct instructions to collect our leaves
from the burnt out embers of suburbia's courts
more up from the guts of the mules and the moors
city in a glass cage, past-age days
sense all the best insect incense trails
serenade the queen with the sweet sound of servitude
..what's good for the brood's good for you
fed moss, what & who'd she abuse if you left?
food profusely infused with the fumes of the dead
insectoids flex them exoskeletons
protect your brethren with chemical pheromones
if a threat's overhead send a siren and scarper
war torn nests full of fruit, eggs, and larva
carved out a path for a farmyard advance
and we got one mind, one goal, one rule.. it's the ants
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 8:43am
nice. Great concept that may have expounded on societal's hive-minded behavior. The insect related diction really gave it a great cohesive ideal and prevent this rap from compromising its central nucleus - a social commentary using a BBC Nature- like vehicle to observe the parallel of higher and lower social instinct and order. dope.

Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 9:30am
This was pretty cool, really tight use of vocab here. Props for creativity. I don't think an OM about ants could be done much better, am I wrong to assume that your avy says something about inspiration? Good stuff, keep bringin' em. 
Venomonology View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Venomonology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 12:27am
thanks guys, I'm tempted to go back to this and expand on it actually.. I think more could be drawn out of it. and yeah Con I imagine that Aes has influenced my style over the years, even just from the perspective of experimenting with phrasing, etc.
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 8:25pm
The flow was kind of strange. Definitely unorthodox to say the least. Relying heavily on assonance and slant rhymes to carry it. Which, actually, wasn't really a bad thing at all. I wouldn't recommend this approach for most, but you managed to pull It off relatively superbly. And with all the scientific and advance vocabulary you had in there it kind of reminded me of some early 2000's underground hip hop. Although, what artist or act specifically I can't quite remember.

OAN:

the concept was quite fascinating as are ants themselves. Given the subjects of this piece it's clear you had a lot of material to work with. I could imagin you expounding on this concept or even making it a series. The parallels between the human world and ant kingdom would make for an interesting and highly entertaining read.

As it stands as of the moment it's is still a dope read regardless. I'd say keep it going. I'd know I would definitely would keep feeding.

Overall: really nice piece you got here man.

Respect. And...

Peace.
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2016 at 11:50am
I fucking dig this man, I'm driving so I'll drop some actual feed later
The original comeback kid
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 11:38am
Royally appointed flesh star fiends

with direct instructions to collect our leaves

That couplet right there was prime time real estate..the flow was banging and it really captured the mind set of ants. If your whole verse could of been as clean as this bar then it would of been a classic. I loved the idea and the ideas you put fourth but some bars needed to he cleaned up a little that's all.
The original comeback kid
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 3:20pm
^ Holy shit, you actually posted the first post while driving? I'd probably crash into a truck if I'd look at my phone lol.

On topic:

I'm terribly sorry I'm so late with the feed, I've been meaning to drop feedback sooner but I kept getting distracted. My bad.

You're very creative. You already showed that in your first verse and proved my thoughts about you once again. 

serenade the queen with the sweet sound of servitude
..what's good for the brood's good for you

This right here. The unending loyalty for the queen and reward which comes with it. As Self pointed out the parallel between humans and ants would be astonishing but I really think you've grasped it with the portion I quoted. It's like our government and the bankers saying "what's good for us, is good for you" and us following blindly.

I would very much like to see you continue the series, bruh.
#Bananas

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic