Author
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Most Overrated
    Posted: 25 May 2015 at 7:27am

Underrated is tossed around a lot these days.... so i thought Id weigh in.

Flow:
Frankly Im fascinated so few grasp my flow...
Violently I get exasperated this group is too slow...
Troops Ive seen grow from noobs to neo's...
These dudes breath code and get nearly KO'ed...
Yet their vet status is preset so I'm very P.O.'ed...
It's like I'm Jerry and they're barely TO!!

Schemes:
Om's are battles for recognition we think our bars soar...
But when your minds light years ahead you dominate these star wars!
You think your Han's(hands) are fire when you Leia(lay a) verse...
Nah you Lukewarm you sound like yoda when you sayin words!
The empire strikes back but Syn never left.. fight? show me some!
Force me to brag about vet status when you Know B one(Obi-wan)....

Punches & Personals:
Lets start with these dudes who assume to know flow…
Bars must be measured by syllables don’t you know?!
They know the ins and out of writing bringing alive bars n words!
Yet every drop they put out is trash couldn’t shit a five star verse…
Nigmas the most underrated? He’s over looked at his best?
Maybe thats true but tell me why POINT BLANK ISNT A VET!
ManC too dropped classic battles and destroyed a pest…
when you’ve got butt fucks with the title that have done less!
New Era vs Old every one flips they’re lids…
Everyones theories have more leaks than Kim K vids…
Pansies shush when i wack creeps spines attack geeks minds...
I crack sweet lines like I’m on my candy crush grind…
English majors hate my grammar and content like I’m not educated…
Commas are what bother you in my verse get you’re egg head deflated…(i know thats the wrong your)
Scroll these pages Im cold for ages now who’s overrated?
Im like Legolas killing Bitches when these trolls invade us!

…………

Oh you want more?!?
I slide spits in but who knew this OG was on a riddle tear…
You sidekicks spit Boo Boo to my Yogi I’m saying you’re a little bare(bear)
…… wait you want depth?
A glimpse into my soul my eyes flicker with pain…
Grown man problems jitter and litter my brain…
Splitting hairs only loss is left I’ve come bitter to gain…
Sister had dudes hit her cuz she wouldn’t give em’ her thang…
So I’m out here looking for pervs to administer shanks…
Hells bell already rang Ive been let loose to minister change…
The finisher here to prove Im more than sinister deranged..
Ive become the winner of Gods infinitive destain…

J Sass View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 12-7-3
Form: WWWNNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J Sass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 3:49pm
This shyt was hot my nigga...but who was u goin in on? All the vets? Lol I didn't think they was still active...ay this shyt was solid as hell tho

ima keep pokin around...glad this was the first drop I read..now I'm on the look out

Sass
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 6:56pm
Bruh, this was some fresh shit. That kim K line had me like ....

You had a ton of dopeass metas and stayed with a tight flow through nearly the whole thing. Dropped some real shit about the way we rate people. The star wars bars were prolly my favorite with how you went through all those reference and made them relevant to the verse. Dope shit Brenn
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 2:24pm
Flow -flow was pretty tight here. I think I got slipped up with some of the slants used. Still not bad.
Schemes -Themes here and delivery were pretty nice. I love how you went with the whole star wars thing and you nailed that aspect. I thought this verse was slick. Well done

Punches and Personals- This was fresh as fuck Brenn, I really liked this verse. The 1st t 3 bars were hella fresh and smooth man. Good shit on this verse.

Overall - This was different and I love different shit. I hate spitting the same shit over and over with different vocabulary n shit. This was fresh and loved the overall concept. I think you had a few slips here and there as far as your slants are concerned but that can be a language barrier/regional. Anywho, tight shit. I really enjoyed your Star Wars verse. That was slick n creative.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:30am
Thanks day! Thanks sass means a lot and thanks mission. The feed was great.

@sass I did aim a few personals at quite a few vets in particular. And the active community as a whole caught some there will be more to follow I'm behind on my writtens.
nomedic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 35-25-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nomedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:35am
The few grasp my flow/group is too slow didnt work for me but the rest of the opening section had a groove to it i could bop my head you settled in a dope rythm

The scheme section couldve been focused more on schemes than wordplay but i respect the effort you trying to merge the two facets it kept my attention and at the same time the flow was smooth

The third and fourth paragraph is were shit escalated for real you added so many other aspects vital in a piece bit by bit you added color depth and some powerful imagery

All in all really solid work J
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:42pm
Thanks nomedic!
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 9:26pm
Bump
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 12:13am
I thought this was pretty dope brenn. It had a bit o everything, w/p, schemes, multi's and talking some truths. Thought the first bit wasn't as strong as the rest content wise but oviously that wasn't the focus but it was neat and the neo line was cool. Second block was well executed, i enjoyed how u pulled it off.
The third bit was interesting, and again well executed. Took a couple of bars to get into it but from there on it was solid. Nice angles and references cool to read you take on things being that u been around a while. The last was decent i liked it, just didnt have the aggro of the last one. Content was nice though.

Overall a pretty dope piece man. One of the best of the month.
#bananas
Slap Banger View Drop Down

Stats: 3-9-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slap Banger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 1:45pm
Overrated and invade us don't really rhyme. Anyway the rest of the verse flowed well. Nigma is underrated? Let him speak for himself...
Manc is a troll just like me, he can never be considered a threat. Otherwise the rest of the personals was great.
I liked the Legolas killin bitches...troll line. After reading that i just wished i wasn't a troll. You embarrassed me.
Overall that was dope.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:38pm
I really should use hyperlinks. Sorry slap but yea nigma had a verse he dropped called " most underrated" I was referencing that. The overrated an invade us is a near ryhmn that in my head and inflection I made ryhmn lol sorry I didn't even notice whe I wrote it. Good catch though.

Thanks all for the feed.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 12:39am
Boom bump collective.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 1:40am
Ive read this a few times without commenting cause I'm a gigantic faggot. 

As a whole I really liked it, you had some good content. I feel it may have read better if you'd have left the titles (flow/schemes, ect.) out since, honestly, i dont think you accomplished them well enough for the effect you were going for. The first one had periods of decent flow but then some lines including that last couple kinda fell off rhythm-wise for me even though they were still decent content wise. For the Schemes part, I didn't feel you schemed any better than the first verse and that it shoulda been labelled 'wordplay' since you had two standout bars. The ending which could have just been labelled depth, or substance, was really enjoyable and a nice touch. 

Really nice verse man. Vote Nigma 2015 tho
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 4:33am
To be honest with ya Brenn I really dont see how this is rated 5 stars.  I personally felt like your flow was really basic in this drop.  the concept was cool I'll give you that.  I just feel like your execution is lacking.   Like theres a big build up for a dope line but then it falls flat sometimes.  I dont mean any disrespect im just giving you my honest feedback homie.  that is why we are all here for honesty and to improve on shit that we may be weaker at.  The Yogi boo boo line was awful I thought.  I liked the point blank line tho.  In all honesty I have seen you come better than this

JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 5:05am
respect the honesty my man! 
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 5:23am
Aggression was great. Had some good lines, i think some of the star wars lines were a little forced. And i noticed some of the multis were mismatched. Having said that, it was a dope drop. I was impressed with alot of your multis, youve come a long way. The last verse really showed it.

If im gonna be very critical, id say, first, some of the punchlines seem to be stretching, me personally i prefer a direct in your face punchline style, if you find yourself having to alter or add more and more words in to make it work, go over it again, and see if it does what you intend it to. And as far as multis, if you set a certain rhyme scheme with mutlis, youve gotta follow it thru until the end of that rhyme scheme.. ill use this as an example...

I crack sweet lines like I’m on my candy crush grind…

i see you had the "pansies shush" and "candy crush" but i think after the barrage of multis after words, ud already established a new rhyme scheme, and it was hot. The flow and everything was great until that last line when you tried to go back to the first words. Its good to try to expand on that.. for instance you couldve done...

I crack sweet lines while i candy crush and smash these limes

Not a great example, but i hope you get the idea

I wouldnt be so critical if i didnt respect you so much.
Keep it up
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 7:52pm
Stalin as always thanks bro.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2015 at 1:13am
One more bump.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2015 at 6:01am
Sun never left!
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2015 at 6:14am
You're the worst type of person lol. 

Props on that feed spree tho, now go vote on the tournament shit!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic