Author
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Town [KOTM]
    Posted: 23 October 2016 at 9:04pm

Rotterdam

...it's the...

Epicentre of our streets...the river delta
I'll rep it till I rest in peace from here to Philadelphia.
Peep the architecture tho, the city is an artifact
Amsterdam niggas hating hard like "is it art or fact?"
It's both, it is the place where soccer players party at
Kick boxing gyms is everywhere, all across the map.
Rotterdam, the town where ISIS is amongst us
The breeding ground where crisis hits the youngsters.
...it's fucked up...
Rotterdam, the town where the bouncers tried to keep us out...
The clubs 'cause a thug is a thug just for beingĀ  brown.
...wow...
Rotterdam, the breeding ground of culture, it's modern tho.
Known for hard workers, immigrants and modest folks.
Even though the inner city's turning into Monaco
Without the old buildings 'cause the Nazi's bombed it, bro.
Rotterdam, the town where all the soccer matches...
Shut the city down 'cause the cops will stop the traffic.
Rotterdam, the town, the shit's a major part of me
Rotterdam, the town where Caucasians are minorities.
Rotterdam, the town the Dutch dont feel at home at
Where the blacks are immigrants and whites are called expats
...facts...
Rotterdam's the place where my friends made the news
For blowing out brains, I could send you a link or two.
The baby blue brigde, I done jogged miles over it
Soaking in the skyline where the Wi-Fi's slow as shit.
Home of the largest port of Europe...for coke
Most of the cargo's for the Germans...that's dope
...lol...
The harbors are the landscape, the town's so industrial
Despite all the hatred I luhhh deez mu'fuckas yo.
The town is very me and it can get a lil weird here
Two thousand fifteen's city of the year, yeah.
There, there, fellow Dutch folks this aint The Netherlands
This is our land, Rotterdam my place of residence.

Bang!

+Sick-Witted+
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2016 at 7:53pm
Both you and I know that Zwolle is the Supreme city, bruh. Don't get it twisted!
#Bananas

Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 12:26am
This was such a refreshingly honest summary of your home city. A really enjoyable read. You mixed the light, with the bragging, with the brutally honest - effortlessly. Which is why it came across as genuine. Every persons home place has its history, both proud and embarrassing. It has its own struggles to find a place in 2016 society, and will have pioneers mixed with scumbags. This came across, partly down to flow, and partly down to your wording.

Glad I found time to read this, props bro.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 4:00am
wow that bridge looks exactly like Boston's Bunker Hill Bridge ha.

anyways, as usual, a solid read from u. I dug the brief glimpse into the Rotterdamn landscape/mindscape. Flow was certainly of high caliber as u always had one of the best if not THE best rhyme flow on LA, so kudos to that. I do have some issues with this. There was something that held this verse from being elite level like some of your other verse (IMO) and it may have been the wording. ur past works had this beautiful blend of poetry and terse wordings which inspired me more than u know. This verse was very expository - like outright exposition whereas, again, ur past works are a bit more ambiguous wrapped in poetics. Not to say that's a bad thing its just that i'm not used to the overt diction from u, nah mean? Other than that, this verse gave insights as well as painted a vivid picture of a port town, executed in some high level techniques. On another note, def great to see u writing again. YOur style has always inspired me to up my wording game; thats why i put u on my top 10 writers of any sites. drop more, man!

Edited by Sammy - 25 October 2016 at 4:09am

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 7:33pm
this was dope, liked this a lot as well. I read this a few days ago just haven't had time to feed it. I liked how you depicted where you are from in this, but I will say this isn't at par with what ive read form you. hands down no competition my two favorite writers from here are you and then freeda5thdawg. you creat fire punchline after punchline style on a lot of your ish. and you got this one saying something like where "no's mean yes", stupid ill verse. but back to this.

great job, you howed the different aspects to your city, this was a great read and flows is easy to follow, nice vocab. this whole thing was solid (I just have stupid standard for you, based on what ive read).

great job, hope to see you on the site more.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 11:05pm
Echo the sentiments of everyone else really...I always really respected the authenticity you intertwine into your writtens and that hasn't changed even if some other stuff has. You pretty much nailed the whole detail/culture/pulse/personal insight mishmash that I was looking for when reading other entries. But then that's pretty much your signature so it's unsurprising that you delivered on that front.

You had to upstage me on the photo though didn't you? Dam. You rotter.

Stand outs for me were ISIS and Monaco. Weirdly I also really dug the jogging over the bridge part coz I've jogged over the bridge in my town too so I connected to that part specifically. Funny how small things can resonate.

Good to see you back around these parts though, hopefully Endeeze picks more challenges which intrigue enough for you to drop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic