Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 2:33pm
yeah kiki follow the link in your thread and just add on to the stories that are already there.  Mine was a mix of all of em but my back story was mainly off of slips character in his verse.  

@ cubes... at first I hated the topic but when I started writing it  I realized it actually was a pretty dope idea.  good shit

Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 4:16pm
Sound, will be done by midnight tonight. Dope idea.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 4:54pm
I will drop votes later today

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 7:58pm
Yeah Exo, I can see how it can be a bit tough to know where to start with it...hopefully it interests people enough to continue on with the stories afterwards, or at least know it's there!! Would be dope to see some collabs happening in the aftermath as well...
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 7:58pm
I also really enjoyed writing mine I must say...and I never planned on being involved in the outset.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 8:07pm
The series reminds me of john wick lol

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 11:40pm
@Sammy...I think that's where me & you are coming at this in slightly different angles (and I totally accept I've quite lazily defined the parameters, but I wanted to try and encourage people to be creative with it)...

I think I see the world more along the lines of a Gotham City or Daredevil place where your characters can go beyond pure reality...I was deliberate in the brief so say something along the lines of "Gotham or The Wire" as I wanted to give space for characters like Omar vs a Ras al Ghul. I definitely see this as gritty and authentic, but both Daredevil and Batman have that feel.

Just to be really clear...I'm not taking about superheroes or a Marvel Universe type thing as the overall theme. I guess I'm just trying to say is if Marvel Universe was one extreme and The Wire was the other, it's be around the 75% towards the Wire.

But that's just my head...maybe I need to create a series that's move towards the comic book world spectrum then we can leave Iliad to be gritty and realistic.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 12:36am
Ahhh I see. A good model to follow would be M Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable universe lol. Perfect blend of realism and fantastics

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Yeah Exo, I can see how it can be a bit tough to know where to start with it...hopefully it interests people enough to continue on with the stories afterwards, or at least know it's there!! Would be dope to see some collabs happening in the aftermath as well...

Ideally, I would love everyone to post theres on the OM afterwards so we can add it into the iLLiad Volumes. 
Go my Minions!

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 2:09pm
This is a good idea.

My current plan is to merge the Spume / Kiki battle as no signs of Alice or S Dubb. Will do that tomorrow or Friday if no sign of those guys. Sure Endeeze will drop.
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 2:29pm
I'll be voting on everything at some point today. Going back and forth with work at them moment though, so once I get a few to focus on it, I'll pick them off here and there. 
Go my Minions!

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 2:45pm
Open battles at the moment are Sammy v Slip and Exo v Nigma
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 11:34pm
Kiki v Spume is now open too...

As a reminder, you get hit with a -5 voting penalty if you don't vote this round and you were down to drop a verse. As it stands that would open up both divisions, but the TORNADO league in particular!!
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 12:25pm
Think there's only one more vote required to close out this round now. If you've dropped a verse this round and not voted yet it's your last chance to avoid the -5 penalty...or an opportunity for someone lower down in the league to close the gap (!!)
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 3:17pm
That's harsh man
So all the battles I could have voted on were voted out really quick this time..Lol
Now am gonna get a minus five, wtf twist is that. I usually vote every battle every round
And only those that dropped a verse!
I would have been better off not showing up? That's evils Cuba

Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 4:05pm
topical twist....

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 4:07pm
It is harsh but don't worry...you'll get opportunities to make it back up. I want to keep people engaged and feeling like they have a chance to get to the top even if they are in the middle or the bottom (otherwise people might go "what's in it for me to show up?")...

You have been unlucky this time, but you'll have chances to make up the gap.
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 6:05pm
No doubt, I'm thinking what's in it for me to show up
Oh well it will be fun to see all the other guys slide also because the original twist said nothing about whether you show up or not, only if you don't vote!!!!;
So I won't be falling alone or from the highest heights?

Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 12:00am
Big ups to Cuba the way he's running the twist, you never knows what's next
Stay tuned
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 7:03pm
I like fucking y'all up...

Will update the league table over next few days. We're on pause until IC2 is either finished or in latter stages.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic