Author
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 11:47pm
Endeavour's verse, my not liking it is why you say my votes weren't accepted....

He talked about adopting a kitten, that fulfilled his family..... Bringing the excitement and joy that was needed for them to feel whole, yet the cat ran away without any reason...... Left him feeling abandoned, saddened,  with no knowledge of why the cat left..... Then he adopted another to try and fill that empty space, but it done no justice.... It just wasn't the same, so the emptiness was still present.....

^^That's what I got out of it..... now am I on the right track or way off base???
Topical Twist League= 1-0
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by S Dubb S Dubb wrote:

Endeavour's verse, my not liking it is why you say my votes weren't accepted....

He talked about adopting a kitten, that fulfilled his family..... Bringing the excitement and joy that was needed for them to feel whole, yet the cat ran away without any reason...... Left him feeling abandoned, saddened,  with no knowledge of why the cat left..... Then he adopted another to try and fill that empty space, but it done no justice.... It just wasn't the same, so the emptiness was still present.....

^^That's what I got out of it..... now am I on the right track or way off base???

bro his whole verse was subliminally about a long lost floppy disk.
Go my Minions!

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Ok...simple way to clear this up:

Can you provide a short summary of what the stories in both of the verses were about?

OK I might help clear this up Cubes
But it will make me late on that Royale fix up I signed up for
Ain't wrote a single line yet btw

My story
Well that is a guy all about saying what needs saying for the betterment of this Rap battle forum I love
is keeping it real on a certain level

Your story
is very similar, only more fictional based..
Hope these was the stories you meant and it's been helpful
Spect

S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 2:44am
Either way, I went back and added WAY more description to my votes..... So now they both are fully clear.... I gave my honest feedback..... Gave what I liked and disliked in all verses..... Also provided tips that I feel would have improved the verses from everyone.....

I cannot do no more then what I have done..... My opinion may be different from yours, but it's my honest vote with honest tips and feedback, so I feel there's no reason the new votes shouldn't count....... Both provide everything needed in a proper vote...... So I see what you ment by the first votes, they were lacking description and I appologize for that, but the new ones have plenty....... So there is no reason for them not to be accepted...... thank you.....

BTW good battles from you all....... Great week for the topical twist...... I cannot wait for next week to begin, should be just as good if not better...... Especially considering there are new entries from good competitors...... Let's have another great week fellas....... good work......   Also thanks to everyone who participating in voting...... It helped this week flow smoothly and hopefully next week will go just as good......
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 8:15am
Originally posted by spume corrupt spume corrupt wrote:

Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Ok...simple way to clear this up:

Can you provide a short summary of what the stories in both of the verses were about?

OK I might help clear this up Cubes
But it will make me late on that Royale fix up I signed up for
Ain't wrote a single line yet btw

My story
Well that is a guy all about saying what needs saying for the betterment of this Rap battle forum I love
is keeping it real on a certain level

Your story
is very similar, only more fictional based..
Hope these was the stories you meant and it's been helpful
Spect

My story. Cuba spends hours of his personal time setting up Battle Royale and Topical Twist and running the shows. Spume decides to piss and moan about mod decisions rather than showing up on time to Battle Royale. Which he only had to write 8 lines for. Great work, champ. But Spume thinks he's the one doing shit for the betterment of the site?.

Oh wait, those are just facts. My bad.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 8:16am

Either way, I went back and added WAY more description to my votes..... So now they both are fully clear.... I gave my honest feedback..... Gave what I liked and disliked in all verses..... Also provided tips that I feel would have improved the verses from everyone.....

I cannot do no more then what I have done..... My opinion may be different from yours, but it's my honest vote with honest tips and feedback, so I feel there's no reason the new votes shouldn't count....... Both provide everything needed in a proper vote...... So I see what you ment by the first votes, they were lacking description and I appologize for that, but the new ones have plenty....... So there is no reason for them not to be accepted...... thank you.....

BTW good battles from you all....... Great week for the topical twist...... I cannot wait for next week to begin, should be just as good if not better...... Especially considering there are new entries from good competitors...... Let's have another great week fellas....... good work......   Also thanks to everyone who participating in voting...... It helped this week flow smoothly and hopefully next week will go just as good......

I literally cannot be bothered to spend any more time & energy dealing with this. Read what I said and reflect on it.

We don't generally accept a vote once it's been discounted. Please note that in my disallowing of your vote I never once said "you did not explain ENOUGH" therefore the solution is not to go and explain more.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 8:25am
Bro I'm not pissing and moaning really, you know that
I respect what you do
You know that too
I'm just being me

S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 3:14pm
So my vote wasn't excepted not because of lack of explanation, but simply because I don't feel the same about the verses as you do?
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:10pm
One battle left to decide, maximum of 2 votes needed. Will have to set the battles up next week now. Next post will lay out the plan...
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:17pm
NEXT ROUND match-ups:

TORNADO

Nigma vs Kiki Spirez
Endeavour vs (winner of Alice/Spume)
S Dubb vs (loser of Alice/Spume)

TWIST: Exoduzt vs Ridley Squat. Winner changes division

SANDSTORM

Slip vs Crimson Juice
Sammy vs Sky Scrapur

Battling it out for classification into a league:

Law vs Rhetorical. Winner to TORNADO. Loser to SANDSTORM

Bonus points available this round: 

Top overall voter (most accepted votes) +2
No votes penalty -1

Other twists TBC

rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 2:35am
nice 

this should be one of the best battles ive had in a while. law, best of luck fam. lets make it a dope one 
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 2:46am
Same to you. It will be a good one 
Go my Minions!

S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 6:38pm
some dope battles going to happen next week.... can't wait to read the verses.....
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 7:16pm
I'll vote on that open battle after work (8ish hrs from now) if it's still required
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 5:08am
Out of curiosity what's the difference between Tornado and sandstorm?
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 7:56pm

Out of curiosity what's the difference between Tornado and sandstorm?

look at it like this 

Tornado = the majors

Sandstorm = the minor leagues 
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 7:20pm
Confirmed matches for this round:

NEXT ROUND match-ups:

TORNADO

Nigma vs Kiki Spirez
Endeavour vs Spume
S Dubb vs Alice

TWIST: Exoduzt vs Ridley Squat. Winner changes division

SANDSTORM

Slip vs Crimson Juice
Sammy vs Sky Scrapur

Battling it out for classification into a league:

Law vs Rhetorical. Winner to TORNADO. Loser to SANDSTORM

Bonus points available this round: 

Top overall voter (most accepted votes) +2
No votes penalty -1

NEW TWISTS

1. Nigma, as current champ, enters the TORNADO division and is automatically allocated the top slot. 
2. Playoffs...the top 3 positions (now in bold in the League Table thread) will enter into the playoffs at the end of the season.

When will the season end? How do the playoffs work? You'll have to wait for further twists to be announced...

Battles going up either tonight or over the weekend

Edited by Cuba - 13 January 2017 at 8:03pm
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 7:59pm
Picture round this time...pictures are up, battles following
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 10:05pm
umm.. Mr. Cuba, sir. May I raise my hand? 
Good.
There is only 4 pictures. 
Go my Minions!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 10:40pm
I've already started writing for the 5th picture already....

Haven't managed to come up with anything yet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic