Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by rhetorical rhetorical wrote:

Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Rhet, the way the rules work you lose out on a set of potential additional points. I wouldn't give you a win for a no show, for example, so you'd only get points for dropping. You miss out on potential win and KO points.

In your case you'd go into the top division I guess which is potentially what you meant but it's not usually going to be good for you to get the no show as it'll limit your points scoring in a competitive division

it matters less to me, because honestly, im just here to drop verses and have fun 

but one option is just to recombine verses. like, if two people dropped and were no-showed, just match them up and merge the verses into one thread. 

i understand the dual tiered system complicates that, but maybe its a valid option when available 

That's a good idea & would work for this round as it's a unified theme...though wouldn't always.

Alice has communicated via Endeeze that she is without internet (which happens for her, I know this to be the case) so she should drop within the next couple of days once she's back on.

Basically, due to no rush for votes I will still accept verses that are dropped but people won't get the +1 for dropping on time. But will avoid the -3 for a no show.

I will flex the points system to create incentives to drop earlier going forward.
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by S Dubb S Dubb wrote:

This week really disappointed me, there were to many no shows. To all those battles open and waiting for votes I'll hit them up later or tomorrow....

Shit happens Bruv
But you are right about the no showings being a shame
if it means people who done bothered gets no feedback or less views on the work they produced

Am working on votes for all the battles prob take me a day or so
Also considering those questions Cuba!

Question, Are all battles closed?
Don't want to feed any of the no show verses if they are still open

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 10:29pm
You just traveled back in time 8and a half minutes just to fuck me over man!
Nah
I thought I was multitasking but I was actually eating dinner
Ha thanks for the answer Cubes,
I will hold fire with the feedback

S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 6:32am
I'm cool with Alice dropping as soon as she can, have you heard anything else from her?  Would really like for that battle to begin..... What happened this week man, there was a lot of people that didn't show.......
Topical Twist League= 1-0
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 7:00am
Alice her Internet is kind of dead. She's trying to post ASAP.
#Bananas

S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 7:48am
Yeah that's cool, but whats up with all the other battles?

Only 2 battles are actually open for votes, wtf?  Some of the people that haven't dropped yet I don't understand why their verses aren't posted...... For example Law hasn't dropped his verse, why?  I don't get why so many people haven't dropped yet, wtf is going on?
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 8:27am
Nevermind I'm trippin..... Just went through looking at all the battles and I see only 2 people haven't dropped yet, lol...... Alice and Law.....  Hopefully Alice gets her internet working soon so she can get her verse posted for our battle, but why hasn't Law dropped his verse yet?  To everyone else, good work this week..... I got to read a bunch of good verses, some great battles this week......  Good job everyone, props......
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 3:33pm
Law is a no show I believe...I'm gonna get to voting today

S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 8:06pm
I voted on all tha were open..... Nothing else I can do, but patiently wait on Alice.......
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 12:29pm
Since Alice hasn't made it this weekend I will be merging the S Dubb and Rhet battle at some point this evening. Law and Alice will get no shows and signed out
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2017 at 4:33am
^^Dope Idea Cuba..... That way they get pointed for their no show's, but we get a valid chance at a win or a loss....

One question?  We using the same verses or are we going to get a certain amount of time to rewrite different ones???
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2017 at 10:56am
The whole point is to stop the verses you have already written being wasted.
#bananas
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 4:11am
Right, I wasn't wanting to write another....... I was just making sure I wasn't going to have to, you know?
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 11:37am
These battles are currently awaiting votes in the current round:

Endeavour vs Spume
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/topical-twist-tornado-endeavour-v-spume-12_topic44457.html

S Dubb vs Rhetorical
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/topic44458_page1.html

Nigma vs Kiki...but I'm going to go vote that now & it's the deciding vote. 

Know the site has been slow over the last couple of weeks guys, but you're the people who can get it moving again. If each person who reads this does one vote we'll be into the next round in no time.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 9:28pm
Sorry for the noshow, sky. That was a strong effor and I'm not sure I would've been able to beat it even if I had been able to scribe something. Well done and deserving. I'll be sure to vote on the battles

Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 9:49pm
Cubes do these battles go on your record?  just curious

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 11:14pm
Yeah they do...the basic precept is I'm just Don Kinging the battles for you guys. Since nobody really calls people out these days. Plus there was Open Mic King hyperactivity so it was a way to channel that. But yeah, they are counted as regular battles.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 6:11pm
Just so everyone is aware I'm away for the week with very limited access to the internet. So the next round of battles won't be up until next week (assuming the last remaining battle is closed before I get back!!)

Let me know if you want to be signed in/out by the weekend. There were no shows this round which I am keen to avoid. Remember, playoffs will be happening so if you sign out now you risk missing out.

If you're signed out when the Playoffs happen and you're in a playoff spot you will miss out..so make sure you keep an eye on things

#twist
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 7:25pm
That's cool Cuba, thanks for the heads up homie.......
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 11:14pm
I have voted on the last remaining battle to close it. The points have been updated in the league table. Planning to setup the battles for the next round in the coming days. 

The Sandstorm league is looking a little short on bodies at the moment...so I may have to mix things up to equalise. You have been warned. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic