Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tourney Rules
    Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:25am
Another announcement, this time of our new Standardized Tourney Rules. All of our tourneys going forward will follow these rules and this format so familiarise yourself with the style. Most of the rules are fairly standardized across the board, this is so we can get consistency and will allow us to create promotional materials from the battles.

Standard Rules

No holds barred - off-site personals allowed. - Again this is non-negotiable. Part of our problem on LA is that we're very "boxed in" and that makes it hard to attract new members. We as a site are going to be more active on social media, and (more information to come in the sign up threads) and we're going to encourage that the members do the same in order to create a "scene" around the new tourney circuit.

Flipping is ON - flipping is a legitimate skill in emceeing, it isn't biting. Flipping isn't using the same punch, it's re-using the concept in a way that TURNS IT BACK ON AN OPPONENT, and is only effective if it was BETTER than the original. Don't fear a flip, just be better than the other guy.

Standard no recycling/biting

*for battlefield battles with "Tourney Rules" the person who made the callout goes FIRST by default. That is the "LA way."

Text:
16 line verses (if it's 2 rounds, that's 2 16's)
No explanations or links at all - we want this stuff to read well at face value tbh, we aren't going to be packaging wikipedia printouts with the final battle "products"
No editing of text-style is allowed this is about your words not your presentation, leave that to us.

Audio:
16 bar (lines) verses
Both emcees spit consecutively on the same beat separated by the "hook section"
All vocals must be provided "raw" by the deadline. I will be doing all the mixing/fx/production myself to ensure consistency in sound. Any breaking of this rule will be an instant disqualification.
Only 1 live vocal is allowed, no doubles, no adlibs. We want this to feel like a live battle, not a track, any doubles will not be accepted and if you hard-wire it into the main vocal track you'll either have to re-record or miss your deadline.

All verses will adhere to this standard in tourneys from now on.

Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:52am
Love this, can't wait for the next tournament
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 4:45pm
Sounds good, are hyperlinks allowed? Or quotes?
#bananas
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 5:51pm
nothing but your verse. Hyperlinks are pointless when we're planning to distrubute the "collection" of the battles in a way that you can't click a hyperlink.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:00pm
Cheers for clearing that up.
#bananas
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:08pm
My best "advice" would be to think of it in terms of "audience" rather than "internet users". Generally personals translate if they're  direct enough (never a problem dropping personals in a live battle with a crowd who don't know the people "personally") and be creative with the way you USE your concepts, obscurity is not synonymous with complexity.

Watch this space though, there are thing in the works to try and help our "dead battle scene" improve quality wise ;)
Music

dalinquent View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 29-23-1
Form: WLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:44pm
I hope the judges are well versed in these rules as well
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:55pm
They will be bro, voting is easy and just requires filling out a quick form to "show working."  There's a thread about it already.
Music

AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 12:25pm
Flipping is ON that means underdogs will get a chance to flip? while favorites would post the verse first ! Is it something like this?
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 12:29pm
No, a coin will be flipped in each battle with the low-seed calling it. If you win the coin toss you pick the order. Why would we give assistance to the low-seed by default? 
Music

AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 12:35pm
coin toss...??? You never stop to amaze me SS ... Dope stuff !
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 1:07pm
Seriously dude, have you never watched or played sports? A coin toss is a pretty standard "fair way" of doing it. If people want I'll even video the bloody tosses. 
Music

Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shankley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 7:23pm
^^^ I vote that... To keep things above board dope shit here Stylez you done some good things since you've been back bro.
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 7:29pm
Serves me right for suggesting it I guess. I might just do it in tc one day, then people can come in and call it live and others can verify. And thanks for the kudos,  as you'll hear from both me and Scoot "there's a lot more to come" in the future. And please don't overlook Scoot, I'm far from planning all of this stuff alone and tbh, no matter what ideas I have, none of them work without 1.Scoot approving them and 2.Scoot seeing my massive blunders in ideas and fixing them :P But yeah, this is a collaborative effort for real. And I aint doing ANYTHING like the sort of hassle it takes for him to do shit like LA radio and profiles etc.

Music

daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by SwordedStylez SwordedStylez wrote:

Serves me right for suggesting it I guess. I might just do it in tc one day, then people can come in and call it live and others can verify. And thanks for the kudos,  as you'll hear from both me and Scoot "there's a lot more to come" in the future. And please don't overlook Scoot, I'm far from planning all of this stuff alone and tbh, no matter what ideas I have, none of them work without 1.Scoot approving them and 2.Scoot seeing my massive blunders in ideas and fixing them :P But yeah, this is a collaborative effort for real. And I aint doing ANYTHING like the sort of hassle it takes for him to do shit like LA radio and profiles etc.

This is the type of respect scoot deserves. Hands down , SS you showing some class and it's spreading across LA. I have alot of respect for the actual vets, scoots n yourself. Keep up the great work guys!!!
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 6:47pm
I got a doubt, with no expos how is a person gonna prove that the off-site personal he used is valid and not something imaginary or something made up by that guy ! There should be some validity if its an off-site personal.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 6:53pm
Why should he have to prove anything? It's up to you guys to stay up on what's relevant in the scene. If I was you I'd worry less about the rules and more about your opponents. One more stupid question or trying to debate rules that are NOT DEBATABLE and you'll be banned and I'll give your tourney spots to someone who missed out, ok?
Music

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 6:54pm
^^^ There isn't a way to prove it. You just got to work around that, maybe use that to your advantage.....
#bananas
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Rutter knows best Rutter knows best wrote:

^^^ There isn't a way to prove it. You just got to work around that, maybe use that to your advantage.....

Got the hint, thanks Rut
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 8:04pm
What about quotes ss?
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic