Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFC/MMA Discussion Thread
    Posted: 02 February 2015 at 8:27pm

so sometimes stuff happens regarding the UFC and it doesn't relate to the next event. Lets discuss news here.

Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor set for UFC 189. I think its around July time. This will easily be the UFC's biggest fight in the lower weight divisions for quite some time.

Weidman injured, will we ever see him fight Vitor?
2 womens fights will now headline UFC 184.

Edited by Arthur - 20 February 2016 at 11:23pm
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 3:14am
ronda rousey is a beast but she is running into a woman like she has never faced in this katt chick...

plus am i weird for thinking Tate is still sexy with a busted face?

Now onto the mcgregor aldo fight... this is a match that is going to be nuts i love this match up hope both stay fit until fight time....

On to a new question.... Main event Un belted rounds... i think the rounds should either be longer or there be no round limit you go until you can't type system... the anderson silva diaz fight kind brought that out for me in i think diaz if given two or more, more rounds would have caught silva... you saw nick moving away from silvas more deadly strikes and taking his best punches and still moving forward.... i think we would have saw a repeat of weidman were diaz would catch silva not moving his head and lights out....
however given more rounds i think silva would have tried the ground game... and that would be a chest matched id would have liked to have seen...

Any thoughts Art?

Also i think Jones Johnson fight will be a real interesting match up... Gust will be back in action soon.... the light heavy weights are gaining momentum...

Is anyone really going to watch the boxing match between Pacman and money may weather?
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 7:30pm
lets keep it ufc brenn lol (though i will definitely watch pacman vs mayweather.

don't agree with unlimited rounds. Some people want non title fights to return to 3 rounds, some fighters try to conserve energy too much in five round fights. Like GSP, he had some fantastic 3 round fights.

Tate would get the D. But she's still with Caraway.

Rousey will beat Cat Zingano.

Gus vs Cormier makes sense at this point.

saw a list of top 10 people to watch in MMA, Connor McGregor was second on the list. Top was Khabib Nurmagomedov, if you haven't watched him, go do it.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 10:14pm
Your take on rumble vs bones?
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 3:05pm
Silva failed for steroids... Diaz failed for weed.
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 3:36pm

Some nasty shit in here... I forgot jones pulled that stunt at the end of his fight. Stupid considering he looked like shit

1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
IsaiahtheGreat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IsaiahtheGreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Beans Beans wrote:

Silva failed for steroids...
I couldn't believe that shit. Anderson says he's innocent. To be honest, I really hope he is telling the truth.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 3:52pm
Failed for two different things and doctors say they have nothing to do with his leg. We'll see tho. Hope it clears up
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IsaiahtheGreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 3:57pm

Yeah, me too. I can't even picture Anderson taking steriods

Major View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 4:48pm
Lol at the video. Surprised Tito Ortiz isn't on there with the 'Gay Mezger is my bitch' shirt. I've not been keeping up with MMA as of late but I maintain that Vitor Belfort should be middleweight champ.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 4:50pm
I want to see Roy big country Nelson become champ...thats my dude rite there

Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Major Major wrote:

Lol at the video. Surprised Tito Ortiz isn't on there with the 'Gay Mezger is my bitch' shirt. I've not been keeping up with MMA as of late but I maintain that Vitor Belfort should be middleweight champ.

I only agree because weidmen has ducked two champ matches. And machida beat him up. That video has some serious bullshit on there. That dude ko'n the ref
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Major View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 4:59pm
Was he ducking ? Damn. Weird circumstance how he's champ I think. Silva was goofing around in the first fight and was unlucky to break his leg in the rematch. I think Silva would beat him if he tried but who knows what's in line for him now. Apparently Wanderlei and Sonnen are gonna fight in WWE or somethin ? Pretty pissed I didn't get to see that one in the Octagon cause they were really heated towards each other in interviews etc.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 5:19pm
Not so much ducked it's just his second injury before the fight. And silva sonnen would be door back in their primes. Silva takes him I think
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 6:30am
How about benson Henderson tonight? Great fight against thatch.
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 10:08am
i didn't bother watching it to be honest. There just wasn't enough on the card to make me stay up till 6am to watch it. Glad he got a finish though. He needs to show that urgency, he needs to stay at welterweight because nobody wants to see him fight pettis again after he lost twice to him.
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 2:17pm
Its a big win for Hendo stepping up a weight class. I heard he called out Rory McDonald??
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IsaiahtheGreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 2:55pm
Damn! I missed the Hendo/ Thatch fight. I was looking at the All-Star competition.
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 3:07pm
I was flipping back and forth between all star competition and UFC. The slam dunk Contest i thought was good. That dude who won it was sick and he's only 19 years old. Crazy
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IsaiahtheGreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 3:25pm
Yeah, Zach LaVine is a beast! He killed it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic