Elevation Centre: Vocabulary and Aggression

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DynamicHaste View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DynamicHaste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2015 at 5:57pm

Aggression

I think it is a bit more than the words chosen and format written. Let me ask you something have you ever felt pain in your life ? Have you ever lost anyone or anything that means something to you ? Have you been homeless and want to snap the necks of the passers by who look down on you ? Do you live a comfortable existence ? How could true raw aggression come from that ?

If you are not a naturally aggressive person I assume your raps won't reflect that. I would start writing verses and songs to how you truly feel deep inside. The aggression will come at certain points in your life and you will start writing aggressively but don't worry about forcing it. Just be who you are and let your writtens reflect that.

In my early twenties I wrote the randomness most bullship raps. I had no inner anger, no fear and never lost anyone. It is only when life beats you down that you can come up with this shit.

So just ride the wave and keep grinding

The problem with high vocabulary in a verse is it can sometimes limit the content. High content can sometimes be limited by vocabulary. Balancing between vocabulary and content is key.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic