Open Mic: [WD#1] Action Drop (Beast Drop)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Rap Daemon View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-14-0
Form: LWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [WD#1] Action Drop (Beast Drop)
    Posted: 12 February 2016 at 1:37am
Such a bruiser that when I fight my opponents go kerflooey
You see their veins go like Gorgonzola cheese so don't pursue me
How can I punctuate it in a way that won't confuse thee?
Can you transcribe your death on a dictaphone or do I truly
Have to take you to the 'refinery' and 'break it down' in the lines I preach
You small-time pricks as small as 'Asian' 'dicks' I'm riding a big-timer Jeep
While you 'light' on the road like a 'Rickshaw' you'll 'breakdown' in time you see?
Vociferous intent to win though I'm ludic when it's time to bind a G
To his coffin...
And as I 'rain' down on you your body seems water absorbant(unlike your losses)
But that doesn't matter...
As the aeromancy depicts 'lightning' as I'm an electrifying beast.
Faggot
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 3:18pm
Hahahahah.

I always like weird drops. This was a tough one to critique. Ill start off by saying that first line was really really nice. I liked your wordings and your flow. This was pretty good overall. Its hard to add random ass words into a piece that is only 5 bars longs. Its a tuff cookie to swallow. I REALLY liked your multis in this. They stood out the most brudda
Venomonology View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Venomonology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 5:03pm
first 4 lines flowed nicely with the end rhymes fitting in quite smoothly while maintaining an aggressive tone. I like the veins / gorgonzola play. From vociferous onward I kinda lost the flow, and not sure where absorbent fits into the rhyme scheme in that section, which is a shame because 'water absorbent' as a phrase opens up a lovely set of possible multis. overall though, it is tough to fit in random words to any piece and still maintain a flow, rhyme scheme and narrative and I thought you tackled this really well.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 6:20pm
I echo that feedback really, felt you started really strongly (I was a bit taken aback to be honest like damn, he's in with a shout here)...I think you started to wobble from the refinery line, the Asian dicks was pretty weak & poor vocab to say small & small (which kind of defies the point of the challenge)...think you got a bit too intricate at the end and you didn't have that same sharpness/effectiveness as you did at the start.

My advice would be to avoid having a line with none of the words in (big timer jeep) as that then pressures you into forcing them into another line (ludic) which makes it harder for you to impress across the entire verse. The closing segment I noticed you trying to play with the rhyme scheme, which is cool, but I don't think it really worked for you...I think your concept was a little too loose as well for it to be really strong, as they were more vague associations than a truly coherent/connected play.

All that said, you are definitely improving & it's good to be commenting on such a wide array of attempted skills, which I don't think should be downplayed. Ultimately you need to be able to combine these types of skills plus having the underlying sting to drop top tier lines & it takes practice to get it right. Keep at it...this one just needed a bit more consistency and that comes through experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic