Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Venomonology View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 9-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Venomonology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [WD#1] Poem Power
    Posted: 12 February 2016 at 4:11pm
Ludic yet lucid drops linger like gorgonzola on the fingers
Truth is felt and delivered leaving thought controllers all bewildered
Spit 'em on a dictaphone that punctuates the status quo
and splinters the vociferous public hate the snakes evoke
The natives spoke their thanks and rode their rickshaws into sunsets
Faintly blowing back that whiff of ignorance that some shed
I love them in the sense their minds are my refinery
Absorbent of ideas, fears and missing points entirely
Reading their anxieties like aeromancy, hope for new pleas
Ideas packing poem power flower then go kerflooey

Edited by Venomonology - 12 February 2016 at 4:27pm
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 7:35pm
This was real nice man, super smooth & similar to Rutter in how you integrated the words seamlessly into your verse. Not like anything stood out awkwardly, which is impressive. I was also impressed by how easy it seemed for you, like no point did you seem like it was a struggle...everything came together really well in this verse. I even liked that imagery of "rode their rickshaws into sunsets", think I just appreciated that you seemed to treat this as "how do I create images/lines of god quality" rather than "how do I make this awkward words prominent in my verse", that's really classy and I enjoyed that subtlety. The closer was also cool in how you sprinkled a bit of panache in there with the alliteration into assonance into rhyme, was super slick and a real nice way to close it. I enjoy enjoyed the simile at the start "linger like Gorgonzola on the fingers", similar to my earlier point but the subtlety with the technical combination, really impressive stuff without being in your face.

Really managed to get your style across here...which is testament to the quality, excellent work.
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

"how do I create images/lines of god quality" rather than "how do I make this awkward words prominent in my verse", that's really classy and I enjoyed that subtlety.

THIS. That really is what summed it up for me. That sunsets line was real nice imagery. I enjoyed the calm effect that I felt when reading it. It did come off as effortless. Flow was nice, the refinery/entirely line really was so smooth. I thought this was a nice piece.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic