General Board: When did LA become so soft?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When did LA become so soft?
    Posted: 29 June 2017 at 4:33pm
I mean it's fucking apparent in the steep incline sensitivity that I can only blame on the new uprising support of liberal governments. I mean I remember people getting fucking OUTTED on this website and I'll even supply examples.

Way back Mackie a member in the UK was battling a guy here named Liquid in which they used to talk on Msn (I know most y'all like wtf is that). Well Mackie got a voice recording of Liquid saying "YEAH NI**UH" in the voice clips that you could send and then used it in an audio battle vs him..shit was classic

I personally linked Kay B's Facebook profile pictures during a tournament final and plastered his name and pictures all over this bitch. No complaints from Kev..

Manc and Trizz literally posted multiples pictures of each other's girls and blasted them during a beef from years ago which resulted in the start of this fiasco.

Orion literally threw a fucking punch at 2Smooth during a big beef battle that was about his brother that had died recently. Like someone would have to build a safe room here nowadays if that shit happened.

These are MINOR examples of old school day to day shit that used to go on. Pony up or find a new hobby

Dress
The original comeback kid
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 4:40pm
Well,

I have been in the eye of taming my art because a few people on this site actually demanded that i get banned and my writing removed from this site because it was too "realistic". At one point, every other verse i wrote was up for scrutiny because it pissed a few off. I had verses deleted, Edited and locked because i have said things that literally had people upset. Literally from that point on, everyone had to restrain and the site started to walk on tippy toes because a few fucking snowflakes.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 4:45pm
Was this after your detailed rape piece I vaguely remember?

Originally posted by daydizzle89 daydizzle89 wrote:

Well,

I have been in the eye of taming my art because a few people on this site actually demanded that i get banned and my writing removed from this site because it was too "realistic". At one point, every other verse i wrote was up for scrutiny because it pissed a few off. I had verses deleted, Edited and locked because i have said things that literally had people upset. Literally from that point on, everyone had to restrain and the site started to walk on tippy toes because a few fucking snowflakes.
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 4:49pm
Probably,

It wasnt about rape, it was about the real world problem of Child sex slavery. I had motherfuckers screaming that i get banned and had to change the ages. I had a piece on Stalin that was demanded to be took down. These cucks gave LA a glass floor noone wants to walk on now
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 4:59pm
This is ironic. I always pictured you as a big teddy bear. 
Go my Minions!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by The Law The Law wrote:

This is ironic. I always pictured you as a big teddy bear. 

Only with you
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:07pm
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:08pm
Listen, if you guys want to have debates about the direction of the site then I accept and listen with open arms. I want to make this place fun to be within the boundaries of acceptability. There's a reason the No Holds Barred rule is in place, if both people want to throw shade at each other then you are welcome to do it.

What I won't accept is some of you fuckers trying to drag mods into policing your pathetic little squabbles. I'm gonna have little patience for anyone who comes at a mod or staff in a disrespectful manner.

We are all volunteers here at the end of the day. If I have to start banning people who come at the mods with a lack of respect then that's what I'll do.

P.S. that's not to say I felt that's what this post was. I'm making ground rules clear from the outset.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Listen, if you guys want to have debates about the direction of the site then I accept and listen with open arms. I want to make this place fun to be within the boundaries of acceptability. There's a reason the No Holds Barred rule is in place, if both people want to throw shade at each other then you are welcome to do it.

What I won't accept is some of you fuckers trying to drag mods into policing your pathetic little squabbles. I'm gonna have little patience for anyone who comes at a mod or staff in a disrespectful manner.

We are all volunteers here at the end of the day. If I have to start banning people who come at the mods with a lack of respect then that's what I'll do.

P.S. that's not to say I felt that's what this post was. I'm making ground rules clear from the outset.

Pm me
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:46pm
hate to shameless plug lol.. but rutter and I discussed this very thing in his interview. in particular the throwing rocks and hiding your hands part.

during the renegade/new breed fiasco I was dox'd like you wouldnt believe and never said a peep. its part of what makes battling any fun really. if you cant talk about a cats shoes what the fuck are we doing.

flipside of the coin, I understand the mods stance as well. dtk, as a father im pretty certain you wouldnt be thrilled if someone dragged your children into the shit.. things like that were why I was a strong advocate for a no fly zone when it came to children from the getty.

end of the day, most rules are shit that members have wanted.
#Bananas
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Agreed.

People taking this online battling shit to a new low level.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:58pm
@ Neek we all have our limits, I'd personally never drag someone's kids into a battle or for example with the Orion shit I would never talk about someone's deceased family. But battling is a cut throat game of cat and mouse and over censoring things takes away from that. There is a line between right and wrong
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:59pm
I agree with you fully dtk and im the same way.

but some people arent and its why the rules are the way they are.
#Bananas
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 6:07pm
In an ideal world no one would speak ill about children or the dead. No one would take stuff personal and people would brush it off saying it's not a big deal. The issue with text battling, however, is if you find out who's who (with an x amount of miles between them) shit can get ugly.

The rules are in place to try and keep the drama low and fun high. If a rule enforced battle isn't your cup of tea you're most welcome to do a No Holds Barred battle. But hardly anyone wants to do that because of reasons. So why come up with redundant shit when there is a battle mode where you can absolutely shit on your opponent? Both sides agree and after the battle all should be fine, no?
#Bananas

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 6:25pm
Thing is Endev this isn't redundant. It's a literal calling out of the "New Era" of LA who needs a battle type called "NHB". Like when I started that's all there Was, if you turned out to be a skinny pale ass kid who's using lingo they shouldn't acting fake as fuck you got put into the spotlight. Nowadays people freaking over using people's names..like what the fuck you're embarrassed of your name? You scared people might find out what you look Like? Is your ass that fucking ugly? Are you faking so hard that you fear people might find out you're not a 6 figure CEO? I just feel we've restricted this whole thing a little to far, and that's come with the times as a society and community. But, I'm one opinion and I'm simply voicing mine
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Endeavor Endeavor wrote:

In an ideal world no one would speak ill about children or the dead. No one would take stuff personal and people would brush it off saying it's not a big deal. The issue with text battling, however, is if you find out who's who (with an x amount of miles between them) shit can get ugly.

The rules are in place to try and keep the drama low and fun high. If a rule enforced battle isn't your cup of tea you're most welcome to do a No Holds Barred battle. But hardly anyone wants to do that because of reasons. So why come up with redundant shit when there is a battle mode where you can absolutely shit on your opponent? Both sides agree and after the battle all should be fine, no?

i still hate u for eliminating me but good point, End. ur still the type to wait for pedestrians to cross the street when playing GTA, tho 

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by DressToKill DressToKill wrote:

Thing is Endev this isn't redundant. It's a literal calling out of the "New Era" of LA who needs a battle type called "NHB". Like when I started that's all there Was, if you turned out to be a skinny pale ass kid who's using lingo they shouldn't acting fake as fuck you got put into the spotlight. Nowadays people freaking over using people's names..like what the fuck you're embarrassed of your name? You scared people might find out what you look Like? Is your ass that fucking ugly? Are you faking so hard that you fear people might find out you're not a 6 figure CEO? I just feel we've restricted this whole thing a little to far, and that's come with the times as a society and community. But, I'm one opinion and I'm simply voicing mine

thuggery.
#Bananas
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 6:33pm
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by DressToKill DressToKill wrote:

also good points. i think people act within their comfort zone. some people enjoy the cut throat and no hold bard stuff other's just want a drama free writing experience. imo, no one is really wrong. 

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 6:34pm
In the old days people knew how to keep within boundaries that kept it both interesting but fun.

Then you had the LI shit where certain mancunion's (who I won't name) would go full fucking creepy stalker on every battle. That started to kill the fun element for a lot of people, so the Personals run was brought in, but it's still open for those who still wanna go all out with no limitations.

It's no different with crew votes, easy enough to allow if you're so inclined.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic