LA Magazine: ...:::WWC Mag vol. 10:::...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...:::WWC Mag vol. 10:::...
    Posted: 06 November 2018 at 12:46am

…:::Weekly Writing Challenge:::…

WEEK

What’s good everyone. Thank you for joining me for another edition of the Weekly Writing Challenge magazine. It’s hard to believe that we are already chasing down week 12. Another thing that I find pretty crazy is how relevant WWC has been both in the Open Mic Section and the LA Magazine section. Just click on any of those sub-forums of the site and you will see the top page covered in WWC. Despite a lull in activity, the WWC is running strong. . . and here’s to another dope ass 11 weeks!

As per usual, thank you to everyone who participated. Sincerely, even if we don’t see eye to eye on every issue…. your contributions are appreciated. I can’t do what I do, without you doing what you do. Even if the WWC comes to a screeching halt tomorrow, I think we are at a point to where we can look back and say we had a very successful run.

This week’s topic was a man traveling on a horse in front of the remains of an old decrepit space shuttle. The land around it is seemingly in ruins and void of much life. Let’s jump right in and see how the writers approached this one.

Neek

“history wasn't kind, its fuzzy - human life's a dumpster dive
we've all skewed the lines, between the view of who survived
just to conclude: low hanging fruit was our era's Judas type
amusing right? the fuse and fire; gave light to truth deniers”

I have to say, I love how this guy just hurls a verse at these topics after only 20 minutes of the weekly topic being posted lol. And whats more impressive is that not a single ounce of quality is missing from the verse. From the onset of the verse, he has a way of grabbing the reader’s attention, and holding on to it until every last word is read. I often find myself reading through it two or three times, and there is not many readers I do that with.

iLL Scripturez
“Echoes bellow shallow riffs drifting endlessly to council wits
Weeps wilt willows, Nostradamus prophecies posed
Foretelling ill prose with knowledge as philosophies rose
Independently, funding foreclosed as economies fold”

I must say, iLL has been coming into these challenges with loaded gloves as of late. The diction and his witty use of literary devices really just pop out of his verses, and they are constructed with such a methodical and pin point accurate touch. I love your attention to detail, and I really like the poetic tone you been going with lately.

Daydizzle89

“Beginning to ease the grip and excrete this freedom
His lonesome life is his garden of Eden
Set fire to his soul like an arson of legion
The war he fought was hard but needed”

I think Dizzy did an excellent job of painting that sense of isolation and solitude. The wording was simple, but effective in that even though you felt for the characters loneliness, it was also sort of tranquil in how he accepted his demise and came to terms with it. Touching on human emotions and senses is a great tool because this body of work is relatable and east to connect to. Good work here Day.

The Rap Daemon

“Coz we want to be Gods, achieving more than what's compatible
To the natural order, so lives get pushed aside for unruly magical
Mechanical technologies which have taken reign
Forget atmospheric damage when it's about the race to space”

This verse makes a very strong statement . . . both about mans drive to seek land and planets beyond our own, but also, our wreck less nature in how we attempt to achieve those goals. Thought provoking stuff wrapped up in a very solid entry this week.

rhetorical

I’ll be the first to admit, it’s a bit awkward trying to review my own work here, so ill keep it brief. Similar to Rap Daemon, I touched on how reckless we can be as humans. While we strive to reach greater distances, we destroy the land from under us . . . I tried to drive that home inside a verse packed with heavy multis and internals.

CHAIN

“Their hubris was stupid, thought Julius was dumb
His passion it burned like the nucleus of suns
He wasn't a disease he mutated into one
To them it was a web like fusilli it was spun”

Our last entry of the week was CHAIN. So with his verse he draws parallels with Julian from Planet of The Apes. This was a nice creative take on the topic I might add. The verse was presented with that smooth flow that we have all come to expect from CHAIN with a more relaxed, but fitting choices of wording this week.

Sammy
CHAIN
iLL Scripturez
rhetorical

rhetorical
iLL ScriptureZ
Neek
CHAIN

Crimson Juice
Neek
CHAIN
rhetorical

CHAIN
Daydizzle89
rhetorical
The Rap Daemon

Neek
rhetorical
iLL Scripturez
The Rap Daemon

Daydizzle89
Neek
The Rap Deamon
CHAIN

iLL Scripturez
rhetorical
CHAIN
Neek

Total
Rhetorical = 10
CHAIN = 9
Neek = 7
iLL ScriptureZ = 6
daydizzle89 = 3
The Rap Daemon = 3

The voters have spoken, and your winner for week 11 is yours truly. . .

Rhetorical

I really didn’t expect a win this week guys after seeing the entries that I voted on, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised, and this was a very narrow win for me. Sincerely, thank you for your vote and for once again putting me in the. . .

Week 1 = Nigma
Week 2 = Rhetorical
Week 3 = Spume Corrupt
Week 4 = iLL Scripturez
Week 5 = Rhetorical
Week 6 = Neek
Week 7 = CHAIN
Week 8 = Sammy
Week 9 = iLL Scripturez
Week 10 = Dntplywelwitothers
Week 11 = Rhetorical

I will have family coming in on the 19th for the Holidays, so after week 12, I will have to put WWC on hold until the 26th of the month. If anyone would like to be a guest host for that week, please let me know and we can make it happen.

Once again, thank you all for your hard work and contribution. . I will see you all in week 12. . . until then. . .

Edited by rhetorical - 15 July 2020 at 6:13pm
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 1:04am
Congrats dope shit Rhet. This is a perfect example of me thinking i had a strong verse but everyone else thinks it’s not. Usually, what i think is trash ppl don’t lol weird how that works. Congrats to everyone else for participating and voting!
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 1:20am
i actually regret not writing for this week because, after the fact, i have a concept that just popped into my head. i'll likely om it at some point. once again, dope mag, rhet. i'll take over the helm as you been handling business for a long time without even complaining. i'll just keep the challenge warmed up for ya. and im gonna copy your mag structure ha

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 2:33am
Dude another solid mag,i really enjoyed the tracks supplied also,just sorry i missed
this one..thanks for your time here again bro..

Oh and congrats too!..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 2:57am
Originally posted by iLL ScriptureZ iLL ScriptureZ wrote:

Congrats dope shit Rhet. This is a perfect example of me thinking i had a strong verse but everyone else thinks it’s not. Usually, what i think is trash ppl don’t lol weird how that works.

well, you got my vote . . but i feel ya man. people always seem to like the verses i dont care too much for, but the ones i think is like. .  hof worthy and shit. .  just nothin hahaha 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

i actually regret not writing for this week because, after the fact, i have a concept that just popped into my head. i'll likely om it at some point. once again, dope mag, rhet. i'll take over the helm as you been handling business for a long time without even complaining. i'll just keep the challenge warmed up for ya. and im gonna copy your mag structure ha

sounds good bro. ill get us through week 12, then get in touch with you for week 13. appreciate it fam.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 4:38am
aye rhet.. good shit.

dope mag.

hella fire ass verses... shit was FUEGO GRANDE CALIENTE!

TOMA!
#Bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic