Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WWC: Week 5 RESULTS!
    Posted: 16 September 2018 at 5:36am
WWC: Week 5 Results

*with discrepancy of verse withdrawal accounted for and adjusted, the votes are as followed*

Xces 
1. Crimson
2. Neek
3. Ridley

iLL
1. Rhet
2. Crimson

Crimson
1. Rhet
2. Neek

Neek
1. RKB
2. Ridley
3. Rhet

Dave
1. Ridley
2. Xces

Dntplywel
1. Rhet
2. Xces

Rutter
1. Rid
2. xces

Rhet
1. xces
2. crim
3. ridley

Winner is Rhetorical with 13 points.
runner up was Ridley with 12 points.

I really apologize for the lack of focus on the last week's voting results (and mag) guys. NOt sure what it is but i'm totally exhausted. I may be taking a little break and will again be putting this challenge on hold for now. Shout out to all who participated and again, my most sincere apology for the mess in that last week. Rhet, congrats, big homie. 

I'll usher in a mag as i think its well deserved, but give me some time on it. Its already late but i plan to follow through with it guys. my bad.

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 4:26pm
I speak on behalf of everyone when I say this... but we tired of your excuses Sammy.

Good job rhet and Ridley
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 5:46pm
the thing with Chain made it take a backwards step too because alot of the votes had to be resubmitted . . its all good sammy. Razor thin  week.. great verses this week everyone 
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 7:58pm
Low key tho if all the votes that only consisted of two votes where to add either rhet or rid (each one already had 1 of the two) so had the other person made it, I think Ridley would have won as there were more votes that had 2 only and already had rhets name on em.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 8:59pm
^^^^ another example of why writers shouldnt be allowed to pull their verses from the challenge. it may have very well fucked Ridley out of the win
Xces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:07pm
^^ that. I didn't even come second and I'm not even mad about that, but the voting hsouldn't ever get a swap that puts someone in a position where they could end up losing over the change.

Nigma's whole thing in that thread saying there should be a rule of "A verse laid is a verse played" is 100% accurate.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:08pm
the other option is why would it matter if he yanked the verse? let the imaginary verse count. if yall loved it..you loved it. people love dinosaurs..they dont exist anymore. shoulda kept votes as is regardless of any pre-arranged re-arrange of the WWC, ok?
#Bananas
Xces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:10pm
Regardless, Congrats Rhet and Ridley both of you came out with something nice.

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:12pm
you did too Xces..so did Crim...mad folks
#Bananas
Xces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Neek Neek wrote:

you did too Xces..so did Crim...mad folks

Thanks g.
Yea I love challenges like this it forces me outside of my comfort zone and to have to conceptualize things that are more out of the norm for me.
Same reason I like the word drop challenge.
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by rhetorical rhetorical wrote:

^^^^ another example of why writers shouldnt be allowed to pull their verses from the challenge. it may have very well fucked Ridley out of the win

Hey man blame endeeze..

Or sammy, had the results been posted faster, chain wouldn’t have had the chance to make millions, not would rhets credibility for this win be in question.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:46pm

the other option is why would it matter if he yanked the verse? let the imaginary verse count. if yall loved it..you loved it. people love dinosaurs..they dont exist anymore. shoulda kept votes as is regardless of any pre-arranged re-arrange of the WWC, ok?

again, what if the verse got yanked before actual voters had a chance to read it? im just saying, it fucked up the whole flow of the week 

the funny thing i sent CHAIN a pm a couple weeks ago asking if he wanted to collab, and he declined because he said people were acting "suspect" . . but dropping a verse for a challenge, then promply having it removed is probably the the second most suspect thing ive seen recently outside of the whole David debacle 

but oh well. . week is over now 

get at me @Sammy if you need me to host the next week
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:56pm
hey rhet.. I was gonna say all kinda shit about spilled milk and how CHAIN likes to think of himself as a beacon of guidance on correct behavior, but I realized its pointless at this point.

I will say this tho, if I recall correctly... operation post and delete hashtag CBreezy happened after closing..during voting. so if voters were on the fence..ok.. but there were several "sigh...fucking great.." vibes after the move..assuming people placed him as all three votes. I dont have a horse in the race.. im just some guy on the internet, but it was a minor blip in the grand scheme.
#Bananas
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 10:18pm
well, shit is what it is. it wont be the first or last time the site will see a little bit of controversy 

we just move along and do what we do. im sure the coming weeks will make up for it. 
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 10:34pm
@rhet ultimately i was planning to put the challenge on an indefinite hiatus cause im gonna go on a little break just so i can return in dramatic fashion lol. Nah, but i do plan to go on a little break, not just LA but everywhere but if you want to take over, you're clearly capable as we all saw. I'd be cool with it as it has garnered lots of great body of work during its run. do it up, sir.

CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 11:30pm

hey rhet.. I was gonna say all kinda shit about spilled milk and how CHAIN likes to think of himself as a beacon of guidance on correct behavior, but I realized its pointless at this point.

I will say this tho, if I recall correctly... operation post and delete hashtag CBreezy happened after closing..during voting. so if voters were on the fence..ok.. but there were several "sigh...fucking great.." vibes after the move..assuming people placed him as all three votes. I dont have a horse in the race.. im just some guy on the internet, but it was a minor blip in the grand scheme.

@Neek; You can always write, record and mix another 5 minute diss song if there's something you need to get off your chest.

Rapping about your thoughts and feelings can help you deal with times when you feel troubled about something.
Talking about it can help you work out what is really bothering you and explore what you could do about it.

I want you to be okay.

As far as this whole fiasco goes I would like to apologize to all participants for any inconvenience it may have caused. I'm not mad at the ppl who had words for me. It's all good. I take full responsibility. If the mods wanna punish me to make an example out of me...Go ahead. I assure you that it will never happen again.
Shout out to Sammy & Endeavour.

#coppingpleas101#whatsappmessenger#kingcuba
+Sick-Witted+
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by CHAIN CHAIN wrote:

@Neek; You can always write, record and mix another 5 minute diss song if there's something you need to get off your chest.

Rapping about your thoughts and feelings can help you deal with times when you feel troubled about something.
Talking about it can help you work out what is really bothering you and explore what you could do about it.

I want you to be okay.

As far as this whole fiasco goes I would like to apologize to all participants for any inconvenience it may have caused. I'm not mad at the ppl who had words for me. It's all good. I take full responsibility. If the mods wanna punish me to make an example out of me...Go ahead. I assure you that it will never happen again.

Your self righteous attitude is toxic. Its evident that your self entitlement and behavior is the manifestation of a privileged upbringing.  Ur the furthest thing from what this culture is about. Keep rhyming tho
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

@rhet ultimately i was planning to put the challenge on an indefinite hiatus cause im gonna go on a little break just so i can return in dramatic fashion lol. Nah, but i do plan to go on a little break, not just LA but everywhere but if you want to take over, you're clearly capable as we all saw. I'd be cool with it as it has garnered lots of great body of work during its run. do it up, sir.

certainly bro. I hope to see you back soon though man  

would it be out of line to ask to be added to the street team so i can properly manage the event, and have edit rights to do the weekly mag?
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 12:28am

im not calling for a punishment, its not that big of a deal. Just sucks that the results could have been affected by pulling the verse. . but nothing we can move on from. 

do you man
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 12:45am

was it five mins tho? I thought it was like 3.. I mean..I did have mad bars but I lost the drive when you tucked your tail per normal..which was my point..then you further proved it when you said

"im comfy in that barber chair"...if thats not the best metaphor for not being a stand up guy..I dunno what is.

you these people hero CHAIN.. they love you. you shouldnt be worried about how I feel. take care little buddy.
#Bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic